New ship has arrived - with the very same pirates again :(((

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gantorak, Sep 4, 2015.

1. sd619

sd619 Powder Monkey

Midoki, what the heck?

2. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Finally got Ching today. I have enough items to get her to level 13 right now. :0

Souki, Ian and Super-Nor like this.
  3. Ian

Ian Commodore

Ching Shih also stepped off the Trade Ship last night and has made her way up to the Fort. Like @TBaggins she will need to unpack and settle in first with a few days in the gym before she is seen out Plundering with the rest of the crew.

TBaggins likes this.
  4. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

I'm not sure how it happened but BB tripped outta the haze and finally got on the ship! i still don't understand why it's such a slow process. i can understand new p,ayers still waiting for the rare LPS, but anyone playing when the start of LPS were rolled out should have them all. Unless they didn't recruit some, like I'm not getting Romeo, don't want him

5. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

I think that might been the issue. You never recruited Romeo, so the game knew you had 2 pirates missing instead just one. Thats why Blackbeard appeared so late. All folks in my guild that recruited all new pirates offered instantly and didn t spare any, had all 6 legendaries complete, 2 weeks ago.

6. Ian

Ian Commodore

Sorry @HornyQuokka, but I recruited every LP as they became available and for the last month or so have been sitting at 5 LP's waiting for Ching Shih. I finally have a full Fort now after Ching Shih arrived last night. I feel it really is just a random thing and therefore your guid members are just lucky. :)

awbo likes this.
  7. SitFlyer_

SitFlyer_ Crew

I feel your pain...it is taking me like almost forever to accumulate iron to get Ching Shih to level 24.

8. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Yay!! Still no Ching. Whomever came up with this idea of some LPs being rare is a genius. It really gets me in the mood to play this game.

9. Peg-Leg

Peg-Leg Crew

I cannot express how much I am looking forward to seeing a trade ship arrive next Friday. As for now 5/6 for yet another week.

10. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I too, cannot express how much I am looking forward to seeing a trade ship arrive next Friday. Yet another week of nothing exciting.

11. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

If you have a stock pile of her items, it may take you another week after you get her to get her fully upgraded... Lol

12. awbo

awbo Captain

Same as @Ian i have been recruiting them all and finally got all 6 this week with the arrival of Blackbeard.

Ian likes this.
  13. bucket

bucket First Mate

Same here awbo. I finally got blackbeard on this ship to complete the first 6 legendary pirates. The son of anarchy outfit leaves alot to be desired in my opinion, but it wasn't like i was going to buy it. 2,500 gems to much at this time, hope midoki runs a Christmas special. :)

P.S. don't mean to change the subject completely, but how do you do the @ hyperlink. I'm still not that good at computers which is embarrassing because i'm under thirty. Thanks for the assisstance.

14. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

@bucket- you simply but a @ in front of the name.
    say you wanted to @mention JJ then it's @awbo

bucket likes this.
  15. bucket

bucket First Mate

Thanks sea dog. Will do that from now on.

16. Fontlaroy

Fontlaroy Crew

Yay. TH11 is coming. No more forlorn waiting for Blackbeard to turn up. I am sure he doesn't exist. I can set my online energy and real money somewhere else :(

17. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

And what we now have to consider is 6 more LPs will be released soon? sooner? soonest and what will that be like will all of them be rare pirates and we will see mack, boomer and corneius repeating over and over again?

18. Skye

Skye Commodore

As far as I know, two of them (Sadie and Black Bart) will be rare, and the other 4 will show up as fixed pirates. Also, the chance of finding Ching was increased considerably after plenty of complaints, and they will obviously keep an eye on distribution and adjust as needed.

Yeah it might suck not getting the one you want while other were lucky enough to, but this isn't the only game with something requiring chance to get, and missing one LP isn't going to keep you from finishing everything else.

19. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

There isn't a thing wrong with what you said. And yes there is always a bit o chance in any game, But as for dangling Ching out there, when she was already in the game before. That as far as im concerned was a mistake. Should have gotten Ching out there, followed but the others and then made BB rare. He would be the one to be curious about. Get people happy excited that Ching was back and then look forward to whats next and new. Remember you could only use her 20 times before she needed to rest and recover. And there is the opening for the newer pirates to fill that hole. The anticipation turned to agony, and disappointment, so instead of a positive, it became a negative. There should have been weekly look whose coming and what they do posts. and yes there is FB, but a lot of people dont hook up to FB i know i dont.

You want to build on excitement, and if its kicked away, whats really left, except waiting and figuring ill be disappointed again. Thats what we have seen time and again in a bunch of these posts, people being excited and feeling the anticipation. Then they are kicked in the teeth by randomness.

And when they finally get her, its more of a relief i wont be disappointed AGAIN, and needing to get moving on what shoulda been happening a while ago.

And in case you want to know i did get Ching awhile ago, but i went thru the same cycle i mentioned above. My excitement about her, since older players mentioned how good she was and how they enjoyed using that Lp made me want her as soon as possible. And over time, i didnt care to look in the trade ship, i didnt want to be disappointed again.

Maybe im not a marketing person, but to me it seems botched the way it was rolled out.

I am hopeful the next group will be done better.

20. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Who is this Ching that everyone mentions?...:(