New ship has arrived - with the very same pirates again :(((

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gantorak, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

2. Fontlaroy

Fontlaroy Crew

Yet again, the same pirates. This is getting very tired, fast.

Midoki, what about, as part of your birthday celebrations (happy birthday btw), you send in a mid week trade ship and give us a new pirate!

3. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I would hope so, I thought for sure that BB or Ching would be the given one. But with this weeks kick to the nuts, I'm not too sure about anything anymore. Just the other day I saw a globe that was a cube. A CUBE...

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  4. rhorun

rhorun Crew

Lol I got Ching but wanted Blackbeard still I won't complain as I have 5 out of 6 now

Wanted Blackbeard to make space in my silo.......

HornyQuokka likes this.
  5. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Get out!

But really, Ching won't clear out some space in your silo? Also, just don't open the chest until you have room.

6. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Mother of God. 5 LP and still an overflowing Silo?! Unheard of. =D

7. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Ok so if you got Ching it looks like you didn't have Blackbeard. So how random is the LP launch really?

8. Pirate Christian

Does anyone have all 6 LPs?

9. Christy

Christy Commodore

I don't have Blackbeard OR Ching :( second week in a row I was sent duplicate LP's. Kind of disheartening.

cmooneey, Burnz, Enuthral and 2 others like this.
  10. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

That is annoying, to be left without 2 LP at this stage. They should give two fixed pirates next week, Ching & BB, there can't be many people left who don't have all the other LP.

Christy and HornyQuokka like this.
  11. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

I can feel the frustration of ppl that are missing Blackbeard and Chinh as well. Everyone should have been offered at least 1 "rare" Legendary by now. Thats really not cool.o_O

And please Midoki, release new Silo upgrade Levels!!! You offer a chest sale and want us to spend money, but you don t give us enough space to store the materials, makes no sense at all. And yes, i know i can open the chests later or collect, but thats not the point. Be a little smarter to pull some extra cash out of us. I gladly give u my money if it provides me fun. So make sure most players have fun. ;)

Christy likes this.
  12. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Midoki this is on your player forum. if you get long term players advocating this, you got a bit of a problem here.

And right now the longest thread about the Super fantastic LPS release and start up is?.... How crappy and disappointing and frustrating the roll out has been handled. There should be a long thread about using them and what's good about them. but nope. the main ones ppl wanted to see were held off as if that would make it a more exciting event. Instead Midoki basically killed the excitement. BB should have been out first, Then Hold Chin till this anniversary. make a big deal about it etc etc. You had the buzz and excitement about that little lady when she first came out, I remember joining my guild and ppl talking about how they wanted her as a permanent troop. all they had to do was post a silhouette of her on some sort of anniversary flyer and you would have created more buzz. but nope we going to do a half off sale on chests.

and what's worse has there been any response form Midoki? I hear unlucky crickets, the silence has been deafening. Or we get the one is fixed the other is a 50 50 chance at a LP, but I don't think that's real. Out of 45 guild members only one, me got Chin today. ANd from the responses here today. I have a feeling it's like that all over.

So now what? the rest of the. LPS will be a ho hum thing, oh yeah we get more. Big deal!

That's the way I see it. If I have the gold I'll up grade my fort, but it's now the lowest of priorities. and due to the way this was handled I'll concentrate on Chin. Don't feel any real reason to work on the rest. so I'll just do them when I get around to it, if I get anything from the map.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    cmooneey and Pirate Christian like this.
  13. Pirate Christian

Let's be blunt. The way Midoki has mishandled the rollout of the LPs hasn't made the game better and created a ground swell of player excitement and buzz. It's killed the game and frustrated a lot of long term and loyal players.

Like I've said, we've lost several longtime players in our guild who were so frustrated by the way the LPs were being rolled out that they've deleted the game from their tablets and phones. I am very close to doing the same.

14. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

If the LP "lottery" made them quit, they were on their way out already.

I personally haven't heard a single complaint in my guilds chat, related to the LP introduction. Maybe we're a guild of optimists...

In reference to this being the largest thread about LP and being so negative. Alot of the posts are actually by the same few people, over and over.

peg-brain bob and HornyQuokka like this.
  15. yeti

yeti Captain

I didn't get Ching Shi either, but whatever, I'll get her at some point IF I keep playing. But sadly, after a year, I'm about done too. Giving me Ching Shi won't save this game for me, not even close. The material drops are beyond ridiculous. Sailing double digit figures over and over to get a battered chest is just BS. I sailed around 60 hours worth hitting the serpent over and over begore I got one measly garnet. There's only so much frustration people are gonna take before they move on. There's nothing left to enjoy here. The wall grind is about as much fun as a thousand paper cuts, you can't rank push because there's no grog to even cover the cost of an army, rumbles are a complete bust with minis or pay to win...they needed the LPs to maintain player interest and enthusiasm, and they forked that up too. I've started a new game, ironically via the in game ads in PP, and it too has an element of chance. The big difference? They are generous with the payoff, and it has become one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game. One thing many of us loved about PP in the early days is that it didn't come off as greedy and money grubbing...how times have changed. Happy birthday...buy some more gems...yeah...no thanks.

pkrhett, Enuthral, Bl00dBaTh and 4 others like this.
  16. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I think the outcry about lps is overblown. HOWEVER, the problem is people were already on the edge of this game. I see many, many players where the Ching shih issue is the last straw and are giving up the game. I've been considering it for awhile but have such a great guild it's hard to walk away. I think if the lps were the only issue, it would be a minor irritation. I'm just sad to see so many maxed players leaving the game.

850arrr likes this.
  17. Heck my son would just be happy to have Annabelle, he got the same two LPs again and still has not seen Annabelle on his ship.

pkrhett likes this.
  18. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

If there's such a thing as SOMEONE GETTING ALL 6 I'll go murder the guy's base again and again... I got BB 2 weeks ago and the Birthday bash was... Mack and Romeo???!!

19. Danny Liu

Danny Liu First Mate

Omg how hard is it to release Ching or BB as a fixed pirate. This will make everyone happy, @Lynsey [Midoki] we have given you tons of reasons to have you realease ching/BB as a fixed pirate, give us at least one, ONE reason why you won't listen to us. Even a 'Hey guys every player has a 5% chance of getting Bb or ching' would be better than nothing.
    The lack of communication disgusts me.

20. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

She actually already responded saying some LP are in fact "rare".