Will there be new Silo Levels?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John56, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Kdrizzle

Kdrizzle Powder Monkey

I see where you're coming from but I still view it differently. With resources, we have two available (gold and grog), and we can build things to increase and store both of them. With builders, you can have a maximum of four. You could stay at one if you wanted to, but you can also have all four quite easily as well.

With LP resources, the situation is different. There are only 25 total slots available in the silo. Moreso, you can only hold x amount of any given resource. Why the need to limit LP resources in two different ways? Why a limit at all? It is already going to take an extremely long time to get any single LP to max level without these arbitrary limitations.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  2. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Logistics.

3. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

The limits are to restrict anyone (including heavy gemmers) from quickly maxing them!

4. Fontlaroy

Fontlaroy Crew

I presume there is no chance of getting a silo upgrade before Halloween costumes disappear for the year. Which is a shame. I am down to max stacks of items that I just can't make myself delete,and a bunch of unopened chests that might, just might, have some of those awesome costumes. And now with people streaking, there is no guild chat, guild perks are left sitting unfunded, and this for a very active guild. Thankfully we have Line to communicate with. It is all very frustrating :(

5. Kdrizzle

Kdrizzle Powder Monkey

Even if we had the ability to store at least one of each resource it will still take forever to max these guys out! I have been constantly sailing for resources since the LP update and the highest LP I have is level 10. The amount of resources it takes to get an LP to max level is astronomical. There's no reason we should be limited on both fronts.

TBaggins likes this.
  6. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

For all those lacking silo space...
    Choose one LP to focus on. Keep those materials and then dump all other materials overboard.
    You now have lots of room. :rolleyes:

For all of those who want to collect everything...
    I am pretty sure that if you send Midoki a check for £1 million they will be willing to supply you with a larger silo.

MorganFlint likes this.
  7. someonehoi

someonehoi Powder Monkey

I suggest to change all items slot limit to 50/50 or 100/100.
    Imagine if you want to upgrade a level 25 hero, one hero required items already fill up half silo space.

Midoki give us 12 slot of hero space, but dont give us enough silo space. Its doesn't make sense.

All those items are spend hours of sailing to collect. If you sailing for lower level "25/25 items" , you have to store 12 heros' rare "10/10 items" for very long time.
    Therefore, Silo will fill up very quickly. Most of time, after you reach 60%, the silo is completely full. Even you give us 50 slots, it still fill up quickly because those 10/10 occupy a lot of spaces and their collection time is extremely long time.

The last point is even if we have unlimited space or unlimited material, we still have to collect 1,000,000 BP points to upgrade all 12 heros. It does not affect game balance.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    HornyQuokka likes this.
  8. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Square pegs in round holes, round pegs in square holes, ... Square pegs in square holes will never work if the peg is too big for the hole! Midoki has given us a small hole (the silo) and we all have a big peg (materials to simultaneously upgrade 12 LPs). So what do the plebs do? They scream for a larger hole. The patricians on the other hand...

Silo capacity is only a problem if you try to upgrade everyone at once. Focus on one or two LPs, throw the materials crap of the other LPs overboard, and you won't have silo capacity problems.

9. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

I would agree, if all materials could only get by free chests. But in fact Midoki offers chests for gems to have a chance of the materials you need. And you expect players that bought a couple of chests to just erase materials? Sorry, thats just BS. But such advice prob just comes from a player that never ever bought gems and just enjoys a free game that others pay for. Anyway you made ur point clear.

@Lynsey [Midoki] Here is mine:

If Midoki wants us to buy chests and increase their revenue they better increase Silo space, otherwise most ppl won t spend any gems for chests anymore. Again , this game needs to earn money and needs players that are willing to spend their cash. With limited silo space you annoy the ppl that keep this game running. Not the smartest choice imo. o_O

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  10. You do know that plebians are the common people and patricians are the upper class right? Unless you're arguing for the rich people? Those that can afford to toss their materials they bought/earned like its nothing.

11. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Calling the plebs "common people" is insulting (although I did imply that in my statement). In fact during the Roman times, there were a number of wealthy and powerful plebeian families much to the chagrin of the patrician families. But my point was that although the crowd screams for handouts, there are other alternatives to solve the problem at hand if the handouts are not forthcoming.

12. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

That's just a ridiculous comment, focus on one & dump all the other items, do you have any idea how long it would take to upgrade all LP doing that method? A very long time. We have absolutely no control over what items we get from chests, I'm definitely not dumping Epic Items that I just got from chests I bought for other LP's just to focus on one LP at a time.

13. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

My statement may seem ridiculous to many, but I believe Midoki was intentionally trying to make the upgrading of the LPs a challenge taking a fair amount of time. I would go so far as to say that Midoki never intended for us to max out on all the LPs. On the other hand if Midoki made it too easy to max out the LPs people will max them in short order and then harangue Midoki for more content.

The silo is merely one of the constraints of the game that you will need to deal with. You are liberty to choose what to keep and what to throw away. And yes, it is probably best to hang on to those epics that fall out of the chests.

peg-brain bob and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  14. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

It's just silly to hold us back that way, because once you get passed lvl 10 or so, it is already really slow getting all the items and even upgrades take days.

That's besides the fact that people actually pay for chest which incluslde items.... Either directly or indirectly via gemming for streaks. They are literally asking people to burn money on certain items they have to discard.

15. Skye

Skye Commodore

There will be another silo level in a future update. I'm not sure why it wasn't in this one, but at some point I'm sure we will get more slots.

Slots isn't the issue so much though, its how absurdly small the stacks of items in each slot is. Even if they double how many slots we have, thats nothing compared to the 250 or so slots it will take to hold all the items needed to get all LP to their max level. You need 17 slots of gunpowder for boomer alone. Even if we had 100 slots, thats nearly a fifth of our silo on just one resource. And he needs another half dozen or so slots for radiant citrine! His last level alone takes up I believe 4 or 5 slots of space. For one upgrade. Ten percent of our space for a single upgrade is ridiculous. Sure they could give us 250 slots, but that would be a massive pain to scroll through, and put even more demand on those puny iphone 4s-es they're forcing themselves to support (holding 250 sprites offscreen to scroll into view is demanding on those tiny things!)

If they raised how much we could hold in a stack at higher silo levels, it would do much more for us, it would take less memory and time to scroll through, less resources on our phone, and less memory on their servers to store the data. Holding 24/25 in two slots is taking twice as much memory as holding one slot with 49/50, its taking twice as many memory accesses, its taking extra bandwidth transmitting that information - seemingly negligible amounts, but over a million players with several thousand checking at the same time, that adds up!

16. Fontlaroy

Fontlaroy Crew

I completely support the increased stack sizes. It shouldn't need an update should it? Please please please @Lynsey [Midoki], help make it happen. Please!

John56 and Skye like this.
  17. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Ok this is a complete joke, all the chests I get now have new items, which I can't claim because I have no space, I even freed up 3 slots by deleting raw garnet that I had been saving for Annabelle as its pointless going any further with her as its a total waste of time trying to get Masks.
    It's even pointless doing Streaks now as I can't claim anymore DJ chests. It's just stupid.

How on earth did they think we could manage with a load of new items that we can't avoid? I'm still sailing the old map but that doesn't stop me getting new items, I'm targeting old items but getting new ones, it's a total mess.

18. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Yeah, its pretty frustrating with the newer items now. Alot of us were already hitting limits with the old items. Unfortunately the newer items I have are all uncommon and rare and I can't bring myself to drop them. :( Even though I don't even have the LP for them yet.

I only have 3 common items in my Silo right now. Copper Voodoo masks and Gunpowder. :/

19. Its not a handout to keep what you earned/bought.

The current limitations are closer to taxation to limit game wealth. Now you don't need enough storage to upgrade a LH from 1 to max but introducing 10 new materials with no new storage space is just dumb.

P.S. Dumping garnets makes me sad. I need them to get rid of my masks.

20. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

The limitation of Fort 5 for needing PH9 is dumb, too. I have 1 slot left and even if I started my PH9 upgrade (I have 3 days worth of Gold storage upgrades first anyways), it would be two weeks before it was done and my Fort 5 upgrade completed. Fort 4 should have been the 4 slot upgrade. Or they should let us dump LP's we don't want. I mean, we basically take them blindly, after all... After the Ching ordeal, I feel like I shouldn't let any go untaken.

So as a PH8, I have 18 days worth of upgrades before I can even attempt to hold more than 1 new LP.

I'm only 92 days into the game, its not like I'm slacking. I'm always waiting on builders. I already had to Gem through Fort 4 just to get Ceasar.