Will there be new Silo Levels?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John56, Oct 29, 2015.

1. John56

John56 First Mate

With the opening of the Eastern Sea, 6 new Legendary Pirates and presumably new materials needed for 4 of them, will there be additional levels of storage available in the Silo? I did not see it mentioned in the Release notes.

I for one am pretty close to full now and cannot even open any chests for fear of not having room for items dropping directly from map attacks. Needing to scrounge a bunch of new materials with no open slots is going to be a nonstarter for me unless there are more Silo levels.

awbo and HornyQuokka like this.
  2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Not in today's update, but there will more levels in a later update.

3. John56

John56 First Mate

OK, thanks Lynsey... please hurry!
    (off to dump some gunpowder overboard)

4. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

The thing most ppl complained( too less silo space) since legendary update arrived is delayed? Not cool.

5. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Aaaah @HornyQuokka finally becomes a complainer! so sad :(

Becker Redbeard and cmooneey like this.
  6. fstbck6706

fstbck6706 Powder Monkey

If there are no further Silo levels how are we supposed to obtain new materials for the new pirates? My Silo is 83% full and has one open slot at the moment.

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Most of the common materials are used by two pirates - for example, Blackbeard and Mack McKraken both use copper, Annabelle and Tinto both use Voodoo Masks, Caesar and Romeo both use Gunpower, etc). If you've got a lot of materials, I'd recommend using them to upgrade the Legendary Pirates, or deleting materials that you know that you can get relatively easily or for pirates that you're not interested in upgrading at this point in time.

I'm not entirely convinced that overflowing Silos has been the greatest complaint since Legendary Pirates were launched... ;)

MorganFlint, awbo and HornyQuokka like this.
  8. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

:DYes, my bad....the whining bout not getting Chingh was by far more. ;)

9. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea I'm very disappointed that there's not a new level, every second day now I have to delete an item to make room, I won't be able to hit any of these new monsters. What are you guys thinking? Really? Adding new items but nowhere to keep them, it's funny really. How does someone not think about that?

HornyQuokka likes this.
  10. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] Can you at least ensure that no new Legendaries are added to materials of the old map? Then i have no issue deleting some. But i would hate to delete rare materials, that all off a sudden are used for 1 of the upcoming 6 legendaries, that are still misssing.

For example:

"Raw Garnet" is used by "Annabelle" only. So can u ensure theres not another legendary added f.e. Sadie the Goat, all off a sudden.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  11. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I'm ignoring the new stuff. I am just focusing on my prior game plan, of upgrading select LP's. I am still collecting materials from the old map with that goal in mind.

Captain Dack and Enuthral like this.
  12. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yes they need to tell us exactly what each LP uses so I don't delete items I might need. It's just beyond me how they release a bunch of new items without giving us a new Silo level. I'm deleting items as it is now, never mind the addition of new ones.

So you won't be sailing the new map at all? That will set you back a bit, to unlock the new map you'll have to fight sea monsters.

13. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Nice new Monster on the map.
    [​IMG]

Got 2 different items from him.
    [​IMG]

But of course I didn't have enough room in my Silo so I only got one of them, the other one just vanished as I only had one shelf space, where I had to delete Silver to make room yesterday.
    GOOD JOB MIDOKI, way to use your heads, that's smart thinking.

14. John56

John56 First Mate

I am sailing the new map, but not fighting any opponents, just opening up squares. It looks like there will be a lot more dark blue squares on this map, so to get to the edges you will need the next 2 levels of Lighthouse and Ship. Not a huge rush though, so I am holding off on Lighthouse upgrade for now.
    I am in the same boat (pun intended) with no empty slots in my Silo, so I will have to upgrade some more of the original 6 Legends before I start collecting new materials.

15. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I did 4-5 short trips on the new map, then went back to farming the old one. Yes, I will ignore the new map until I finish upgrading the LP's I am currently working on. When I get them to the level I want, I will ignore them and prioritize new LP's. Guess each person just needs to decide how high they think they can reasonably obtain before changing LP focus. I am only farming materials for the LP's I am currently focusing on, thus helping to solve my limited silo space issue. I am hoping additional silo space will be added at a later point allowing me to focus on more of the higher levels of a greater number of LP's.

John56 likes this.
  16. John56

John56 First Mate

Good plan. The only thing I would also do is upgrade your Fort, in case a rare one of the new LP's drops in on you. That way you can recruit it and let it sit until you are ready to gather the materials to upgrade it.

17. Lynsey posted the new materials in the legendary sticky at the top. Looks like 10 new materials.

I've got 1 open slot. No new slots was a big oversight.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  18. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Thx for the info. :)

19. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

The fort was first thing I upgraded.

When I finally accepted in my mind certain LP's will not be upgraded any time soon (if ever at all), it made dumping of the materials (even the rare ones) much less painful.

20. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

I have a plan to which level i will update each legendary, cause at a certain point its not worth to invest 10k or more BP just for another 50 toughness or anything else. I am still upgrading all current legendaries. with tze new information i now can delete some rare materials i won t need, cause my current legendaries are already high level and only 1-3 lvs missing each, before they reach my set uograde lv limit.