Will there be new Silo Levels?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John56, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Fontlaroy

Fontlaroy Crew

I know @Lynsey [Midoki] indicated the updated silo would come in a future update, but if you guys can fast track that update, that would be awesome. I have 4 different chests open but uncollected with new items (and a very handsome Halloween skin - thank you for that little surprise!!).

Great update though. Thank you!!

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  2. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

See @Lynsey [Midoki], you should have given me the skin!
    Give them a skin and what happens? now they want a bigger wardrobe to keep it in :rolleyes:
    :D

awbo likes this.
  3. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

What's the skin?

4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Might I ask what LP's you're doing & which ones you're not?

Also I think it's a complete joke that we actually HAVE to dump Items, where's the harm in giving us enough room to keep the Items we are working so hard to get? It's noting less than a complete joke, laughable. We're spending hours per day here hunting items only to be forced to delete them, makes no sense whatsoever, I've no idea what MIDOKI are thinking, are they a pack of wild monkeys or something?

HornyQuokka likes this.
  5. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

It really is quite simple - they want to prevent anyone from being able to max LPs (without a LOT of work or a LOT of gems). Whether you agree with this strategy or not, is not (IMHO) an excuse to be insulting/abusive.

I hope this doesn't offend you - it is merely a polite request to remember that we are all humans and therefore are entitled to some respect.

MorganFlint, John56 and Bou Regreg like this.
  6. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

It's already alot of work upgrading LP after lvl +10 anyways. Number of items really increase and you start needing good amounts of the more rare items. Not to mention upgrades start hitting multiple days.

I don't get the limited Silo either...

7. Fontlaroy

Fontlaroy Crew

It's a Halloween themed one for Mack

8. hduwhyso

hduwhyso Crew

Too bad,we don't have enough capacity for the new materials

9. Djayadi

Djayadi Powder Monkey

@Midoki, how about removing the limited amount per shelve, so that one material only occupy one slot regardless of the number you can collect. That way, 25 slots should be enough for those new materials

HornyQuokka likes this.
  10. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Or Caesar.

11. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Well thats ur own fault then. You can use gems to speed up the fort upgrade.

But we have no chance to get more Silo spaces. :p

12. John56

John56 First Mate

I am taking the chance and assuming Caesar is not a rare LP, and letting my fort upgrade naturally. Given his stats, he looks like Cornelius without the apelets. I am sure we will be seeing him again (and again and again).

13. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Sure you do. Dump items. ;). That's about as unrealistic as gemming my fort for 1000 gems. ;). I'd say thats easier to swallow, actually. Dumping some iron or copper or gun powder would be alot easier to replace than all those gems.

14. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Same here. I saw him in battle too and he didn't really entice me.

15. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Bl00dBaTh

My original focus was Ching as primary. Blackbeard as secondary. Annabelle as tertiary. As it turned out in reality...

Boomer & Blackbeard became primary. Annabelle was shelved (could not get enough voodoo masks to justify focusing on her) and Ching tertiary. Blackbeard and Boomer have reached their desired goals. Now primary focus is Ching. Secondary focus next week or two will be spent trying to level up whichever LP's free up silo space. After that, I suspect Mack will be next on the list since copper seems to be the easiest to obtain after iron.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  16. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I think your right here... I finally got Ching today and I also got Caesar. Of course I only have room for one. But I need to clear out the silo and I am sitting on a plethora of Ching items. So my decision is easy.

17. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

I git her
    I got her last week and I'm still upgrading her. :/ Think she's 13 now, I have enough for 1 more upgrade, at the moment.

18. awbo

awbo Captain

Great idea +1, you would think this wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

19. Kdrizzle

Kdrizzle Powder Monkey

It is ridiculous that we are expected to simply delete items in our silo. Many of my items are earned from long ship voyages or trying to earn chests through combat streaks. The train of thought behind this makes no sense. Let's give players the ability to hold some items, then we will give them much more than that forcing them to pick and choose which hard-earned items they actually get to keep.

Raptelan likes this.
  20. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I see nothing wrong in limiting silo space. It is the same as limiting the number of builders we have and the same as the limit for gold/grog storage. We need to make choices on what we want to focus our resources. And there are consequences in the choices we make.

I, for one, keep a builder in reserve so I can dump my plundered gold into walls rather than over flowing my storage and painting a big bullseye on my island. There are others that want to build faster and thus use all four builders. I don't have a silo problem... I didn't buy and open chests like madman. I have limited my voyages to go after the mats that I need rather that anything that catches my fancy. I was not speculatively going after Ching's mats before I got her in my fort. As for my gold and grog storage... I spend it as fast as I can and hope for the best, and pray that the max PH9 only came to surrender and not plunder my loot.

peg-brain bob likes this.