Will there be new Silo Levels?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John56, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Mickster

Mickster Crew

I can image they are having a right old giggle at the Midoki office at this. It's a challenge of the game nothing more. I've just dumped over 40 diamonds and over 50 silver (it sucks but there's little choice). We have to make a decision what's important to us at the moment. They're just dolls, let's not go over the top about silo storage. Just keep collecting the dolls then decide what to deal with first.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for Barbie and Ken to appear :)

Bou Regreg likes this.
  2. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

This so smart Skye. This is called sharing your ideas with proper reasoning, and solid suggestions. Good job, bud. I agree with this totally, although my current silo hasn't even filled up, probably because I don't find that streaks are for me, not my thing. I am a very vocal and chatty person, and don't find it nice to separate from the guild for worthless LPs. Guild first.

Skye likes this.
  3. RNP

RNP Powder Monkey

It's utterly ridiculous that a Silo upgrade wasn't part the last update. I have tons of chests I cannot collect from because I have slots being taken up by rare materials for Legendaries which haven't even been released yet!! To further complicate matters, I cannot level up my existing Legendaries anymore since all of of slots are taken...and round and round we go. The one new Legendary which was released, Ceasar, uses a rare material for training which I cannot even locate. Arrghhh!!!

4. someonehoi

someonehoi Powder Monkey

Most of Rare items from CHEST ONLY, Are you sure you could get them again by luck?
    Before update, there were 6 Heroes, 18 materials, you are 1/18 of chance to get your desire items.
    Now, 12 heroes, 36 materials, you are 1/36 of chance to get your desire items.
    Not getting one or two items, you have to get more than 150 CHEST ONLY rare items for each LP in order to upgrade to Level 20 - 25.
    Something you throw away, you will never get it again.

Bl00dBaTh and RNP like this.
  5. John56

John56 First Mate

Post update, there are 12 legends and 22 materials, not 36. That said, with the new items dropping now it is difficult to impossible to keep everything and continue collecting chests.
    I just dumped my Garnets and Voodoo Masks; Annabelle is upgrading to level 10 now and I don't see my dropping 7000 BP to get her to 11 anytime soon. That made room for me to be able to collect some more chests and get 2 more Legends upgrading.
    Sadly, it becomes a question of prioritizing which Legends you want to upgrade and the levels to which you expect to get them in the next month or so. Painful but necessary given the Silo restrictions as they are now.

6. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

This is the challenge Midoki has put forth, I wish more people would realize it. Perhaps those people do not have the skills to prioritize and thus are screaming for Midoki to accommodate for their lack of skill and fix their problems.

7. John56

John56 First Mate

Challenge accepted! I am running my silo off a spreadsheet,determining which items I will keep and which I will dump, what Legends will have to sit on the sidelines for a while,etc.
    Now I just need to find me some more Copper... :)

Ian, awbo and Bou Regreg like this.
  8. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I get what you are saying, but the most frustrating part is that people are buying chests to get materials, then having to just throw away some of them. Plus there isn't enough information out there to figure out which one of the new legendaries are worth upgrading. So I personally don't know which ones' materials to keep, but I still keep getting more. Also, we only have a few more days of opening chests that may contain a costume, so those of use that have some chests stocked up have to delete.

9. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Bad planning...I hope they learn from their mistakes. Like a kid in a candy shop buying kilos of chocolate only to have a stomach ache a few ours later.

I agree that there was, and still is, a lack of good information. Even more reason not to dive in head first.

10. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

A good example of cost versus reward. We want all of the costumes (the reward) at the cost of throwing away many materials to free up silo space. I, with limited money and gems, have chosen to forego chest route to getting the costumes. I have yet to open my streaking chests as I think that my mats are more important than the costumes. Then there are those with deep pockets that can afford to throw away mats and are buying chests.

Those limited costumes, I believe are for sale on the next trade ship. It maybe more economical to simply buy them with gems than buy chests for the chance. (Not applicable to streaking rewards chests...those were free...sort of. :D)

11. Squirt

Squirt Crew

You dumped those VooDoo masks?!?!? /faints

Ian likes this.
  12. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Surely you can understand people are voicing their concern so Madoki can change this, correct? Whether they actually will or not doesn't matter, its getting the word out and letting Madoki know many people are upset about the situation. That's how things "can" be changed.

Telling people they simply need to plan better isn't really helping anyone but Madoki. People should speak up with legitimate issues. Many people would say this is a legitimate issue. If you don't, simply ignoring these threads is all thats needed.

13. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Maybe I should put out a "Midoki, don't change the silo I like it as it is. It is a challenge that is badly needed in this game," request. Like I have said before it is a challenge. Are you up to it? Or do you need help?

And why should I ignore these threads if they are asking for changes that I think will be worse for the game? I am also not saying that it not a legitimate issue, rather I am trying to point out that this is merely a challenge that we all need to get through. And it is not as insurmountable as many want to believe.

14. Fil

Fil Captain

Utilization of silo space requires strategy, its a shame many are incapable of being strategic. Just as many are incapable of deciding if they are quitting the game or not, makes Brett Favre look decisive. I'm not sure which is more sad

peg-brain bob and Bou Regreg like this.
  15. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Really, you think more Silo space is worse for the game? Interesting. I'm not one to silence opinions, I really didn't expect anyone to have that opinion.

I have no issue managing, but I think it's an issue that needs fixing.

It's a game, there's nothing that "can't be managed". Either make it work or don't play. We are all still playing and voicing our opinions.

Itsanicknamewhocares likes this.
  16. LYM

LYM Captain

max one legendary and watch your silo space free up and so on

17. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

The 'challenge' is that it is currently the only part of the game where heavy gemming doesn't really offer much advantage (unless you are literally prepared to 'throw your money away'). This means that it DOES offer some small advantage to 'tactical' players - admittedly with a MASSIVE element of luck thrown in!

I realise that this is not favourable to those who want to spend huge sums of money to max their progression quickly. However since every other aspect of the game does play into their hands - it would be nice if they could accept/appreciate one element that will ONLY benefit long-term players.

I accept that this will probably be tough to swallow for some ppl who having been playing the game for over a year but I agree with @Bou Regreg that in the long term it IS probably healthier for the game!

18. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I'm sorry but you are talking complete crap, there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to do all LP's at once, it's not a challenge put forth by MIDOKI, it's the simple outcome of their stupidity, noting more.

Have you ever even bought a chest? Spend some of your real money on chests & see how willing you are to just throw away Epic items, everything you're saying is pure nonsense, why on earth would they release LP's every week but then expect people to just prioritise one & dump items we have spent hours trying to accumulate. Prioritise my ass, I spend hours every day trying to get one item only to constantly be given another. Why on earth should I have to dump items I've just spent 24hrs of sailing to get?

Every day now I'm deleting more Epic & Rare items, it's a complete joke, don't even start with your crap saying MIDOKI are challenging us, they're not, they simply put no thought into this whatsoever. To think such a thing is actually funny, please don't tell me you actually believe that? Because if so you're out of your mind.

Darth Yoda likes this.
  19. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

You don't have to spend gems to get chests though. That's really the issue, IMO. You can get chests from explorations or streaks without spending a single gem. What happens if you get rare items you may want but don't currently have storage for? That's not really fair.

Also, you could get a rare items you weren't even attempting to get, from a specific ship/creature. Throwing away rare items is ridiculous considering how hard it can be to accumulate them without buying chests.

Buying chests is totally different.

20. Um, this is not a challenge or skill test. This is an artificial constraint, one with a planned rollback. Read Lynsey's post. You know the second one in this thread. Silo expansion is coming, just not yet. It can be implemented at any point.

As for it existing to stop heavy gemmers, are you kidding? Heavy gemmers will continue regardless of constraints. They get there anyway but just have to spend a little more and throw away more waste. There is nothing in this game to stop heavy gemmers. Buy chests and toss items you can't hold over and over until you get what you want. This is on purpose.

It's the non-gemmers that are taking it the hardest. Slow inflow of materials in means it hurts more to toss useful items. High inflow from gems? Who cares? Just buy more. No problems at all.

Where we hit the real reason: which is to force more gem spending. Not to show strategic genius, not to slowdown growth, just gems. Milking players for more gems/time by forcing them to regain items they had to throw away earlier. You guys just like throwing your money/time away? That's fine, your choice.

Advantage to tactical players? You really think highly of yourselves don't you? Its just common sense to dump stuff if it gets in the way which we're doing since we have to if we want to continue to upgrade. Very few players are going to stop playing which is what Midoki is counting on. If many did Midoki would stop immediately because of the loss in revenue. We are letting them know we don't like it. Keep in mind that some of you are trying to justify and hold the limit now even though it was always planned to be expanded later. (Unless they weren't planning to expand the silo until heroes 13 & 14 appear I suppose. Though multiple new levels argues against that unless even more heroes.)

What I don't get is the disrespect by some of you for those of us who don't like it. (Reading Bou Regrog's post it moves to utter condescension). Calling us names and say we're begging for handouts? Saying we lack skills? Calling us kids in a candy store who lack self control? Just because we disagree and don't like this temporary block that's just going to be rolled back anyway. There's no reason at all to be childish. Grow up.

P.S. peg-brain bob: I see you called out bloodbath for an "abusive" post but are now ignoring multiple insulting/abusive posts from Bou. Interesting.

Burnz and Bl00dBaTh like this.