Will there be new Silo Levels?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John56, Oct 29, 2015.

1. LYM

LYM Captain

this supports my call for expirence points for playing not paying

2. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

Why we gotta have the need to throw away the materials that we either invest a lot of traveling time or gems to get, if it was like we are getting the materials that we r looking I might give you a point, but when you have materials that can only be found if you buy a chest or invest countless hrs trying to streak without gemming, it's just crap, specially when is almost for sure you will get something else, those materials, even if I don't need them right now, we're hard earned.
    Enough of the excuses, Midoki just didn't foresee this, they released new materials but not more space, it's funny how quick they fixed the lvs of PHs available to attack but they couldn't fix the silo when is such an easy fix, you don't need to make more slots, the only thing they need to do is instead of having a 10/10 capacity of certain material, for example, just make it a 100/100, that doesn't require a lot of brains or a major update for that matter, the problem I see is that Midoki have good intentions by adding new stuff to the game, but they don't test them, then have the shameful need to be patching the screw up they weren't able to foresee from the beginning. How many more times we need to experience this?

Marmaladesix, Burnz and Quetzal like this.
  3. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Silo restrictions are a planned challenge, as is the case in many other games. I was one of the first to mention concerns on the private forums showcasing my silo at 93%, that was long before any new materials or LP's were introduced. I saw this coming from the very first week, adopted and threw out several strategies, until finding one that is currently working. Once you accept in your mind you can only upgrade select LP's at this point, the whole process becomes manageable.

What worked for me? I pretended three of the first six LP's did not exist. Parameters will not change, accept you will have to toss materials. Until you accept this fact, you will be causing yourself undue aggravation.

I set a goal/level I wanted to get my three LP's upgraded to, and farmed those materials exclusively.

I am completely ignoring the new map. I am rarely opening any chests other than the battered and DJ/Merchant chests. Added silo space will be coming in the future. At that time, I will alter my strategy. Even after choosing certain LP's to upgrade, I had to drop one of my original 3 and add in another. As farming the materials for it did not fit into the reality of what was available.

My progress has been excellent. I currently have open silo slots. As I said before, accept the challenge and make the best of it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  4. LYM

LYM Captain

exactly

5. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Yup. It's not rocket science. And you have to adapt when you can't get one particular material. And also sometimes it's worth upgrading an LP you didn't plan to so their next upgrade frees another slot for you.
    It does require some thought and planning though so that might put many people off ;)

6. Quetzal

Quetzal Powder Monkey

Guys, please stop calling the lack of space in silo a challenge, because its not, its simply an unbalance.Otherwise you can call every unbalance in any game a challange and thats simply stupid :)

I upgrade all legends simultaneously and i am doing well, all are between 15 and 20 and because the lack of space i have 100+ chest waiting unopend.

For all of you doing one after the other, see you in 10 Years when you maybe have finsihed halve of them.
    I see no reason dumping material i sailed many hours or payed gems for chests.

And yes, i do need to juggle with the space i have, and that can be seen as some sort of challenge, but please dont call it a "planned challend" otherwise you can randomly set any of the game parameter like attack or defense power up and down and call that a challenge too.

Silo needs upgrade. Thats it.

Burnz, LYM and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  7. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Oh yes it puts people off, because those of us that are complaining about Silo space are too stupid to figure out your ingenious method of simply only doing some LP's & dumping all other items. Hats off to you guys, dumping items that you've spent hours trying to accumulate is just so clever, you're completely right about all the thought & planning that went into it.

Our displeasure has got noting to do with us spending hours of our lives hunting these items & then just dumping them, noting to do with it at all.

850arrr, Burnz and TBaggins like this.
  8. Bat

Bat Powder Monkey

It takes a special skill to know which materials to dump or keep. Also, keeping all of your materials even if u dont need them is pure greed. Don't we play games to be challenged? We should all embrace this epic strategy of dumping materials. #feelsgoodman.

9. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Since those of us who choose to see it as a challenge, and those who choose to see it as a problem, aren't ever likely to agree, we obviously all need to avoid insulting each other.

I called out @Bl00dBaTh for calling the devs names simply because it weakened the point he was trying to make. Whilst Bou has used metaphors to make his point I don't believe he has ever deliberately called anyone a name.

I certainly did not intend to insult the intelligence of, or suggest that I am 'better' than, any other player - I was merely wishing to present an alternative viewpoint.

FlyingJoe's Fear and TBaggins like this.
  10. Bat

Bat Powder Monkey

It is a dumb challenge. Throwing away materials and getting nothing in return is insulting for players who are hardcore farmers or ppl who like to buy a lot of chests. You might prefer to focus on a few LPs and that is fine but don't justify it by saying wasting materials is a good thing and a challenge. The smart thing is for midoki to make materials, bp or other resources harder to get if they want to create a challenge. Having us waste materials we will eventually need to slow things down and create a challenge is simply bad game design.

TBaggins likes this.
  11. Fil

Fil Captain

All I can say is

Lolz

Bou Regreg likes this.
  12. # Johnny Doe #

I never once said I dumped materials of any kind?
    I choose the LP's I'm focusing on now (2 or 3 of them).
    In 3 days time the focus may be 2 of them, or 3 others.
    The point is I know I can't store enough materials to upgrade all in the same day so I plan it better. I am a hoarder so there is no way I want to dump anything.

I have 8 LP's btw, 4 are above lvl 10 including a lvl 16 Ching. I am 2 rubies away from her level 17 but I put the iron into updating Cornelius for the next 2 upgrades simply because I then get a silo space as I can use up his glittering amethyst that I refused to dump.

It's far from ingenious and I share so you don't need to figure anything out.
    It's just good management.
    And yes...I would also like more silo space :rolleyes:

Bou Regreg likes this.
  13. although I was frustrated about the silo for a few days, I now appreciate this situation.

Of course it is a challenge and not some error. otherwise money would buy a small few instant fully upgraded LPs. I have many, many chests, don't intend to dump anything I can't re-collect on the map, and am enjoying the puzzle of picking through how to train different LPs in the right order. Today, I had one satisfying breakthrough which got me through 30 chests and four legends in training.

I have to work out strategies for training LPs, chest management, map exploration and exploitation, timing these with other raids, having grog on hand, and all that is just for LPs. Then there's rumbles, defence, quests, etc, etc. It took me a bit over 2 months to explore the first map and a couple more to complete most quests (but one). These things need to take a bit of time and have some constraints.

I see this as another example of Midoki knowing what they are doing. I'm sorry that with any change some or many will inevitably have frustration though. I think though that most of these who like puzzles and want to play, not immediately finish things, will come to appreciate this.

(yet, as Johnny Doe just said, Boy am I looking forward to a bit more room in the silo!
    Keep in mind that a couple more legends will start clearing out spots in the silo too!)

14. Good point, TBaggins... I have had to stop exploring the Eastern Sea while still hunting down copper, iron and masks.

awbo likes this.
  15. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

I can see that as a reason, but it depends on when they release that 3rd map they have listed. If it's just a couple months away, I cant understand why they would be slowing us down. If it's ~6 months or more out, I could understand. I guess we'll see.

I know having to search for Gun Powder or Voodoo Masks 20 times in a row just to clear out a new Silo shelf is really making me ignore the new map altogether. There's no point in me even trying to explore it, I can't use any of the new items, or even store them...

FlyingJoe's Fear likes this.
  16. # Johnny Doe #

Once you realize that it helps a lot. It will another while before my ship see's much of the second map

FlyingJoe's Fear likes this.
  17. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm doing the new map for the gems, you get a ton for completing all the new quests. They're only 40-55 each, but there are a lot of them!

# Johnny Doe # and Bou Regreg like this.
  18. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I am exploring the Eastern Seas map as well. But I am avoiding combat so I don't fill my silo with stuff I can't use yet. My current focus is to get the final upgrade to my Academy. LPs, with their BP requirements, are a serious impediment to finishing the Academy. Once the Academy is done I can spend my time working on the LPs. And then it is back to the Western Seas where my extended range ship will be more effective at acquiring the LP materials (I hope the 64 square bug is fixed). And when I have finished with the original gang of 6 to my satisfaction, I will start working on the Eastern Seas.

John56 and # Johnny Doe # like this.
  19. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Bou, I can appreciate your side of the discussion where you think about the silo the way you do. But this quote above says so much about your progress in this game. You are at a point in this game where you still have a lot of upgrades to do which is still fun, let alone will most likely always be behind on BP needed for upgrades. Some of us are on the other end of the spectrum where all we have to upgrade are LPs and this artificial bottleneck created by the silo in my eyes is just lazy programming to get more life out of the game. We shouldn't have to dump items to make room for other materials, that's just dumb. I can't/choose not to explore the new map because I only have one new LP and still need to clear out spots that have 10/10 blue quality gems for the old LPs. I've only adjusted my fishing style to target certain items but I still hit all the monsters along the way to get the BP/EP, chests etc, but since I am full, I acknowledge the fact that some materials gained through those monsters will disappear into the abyss.

Once the silo gets a new level, Midoki should re-evaluate how many can stack. Like others have said, some Items need to stack more than just 10.

I actually feel bad for the big spenders on this game that buy chests and are getting screwed cuz they can either open chests or are throwing a lot of materials overboard. It seems like they are getting ripped off and cheated. Yes, I know they choose to buy them, they know they are going to have to get rid of mats, but it still isn't the right way to run a business.
    Rant over.

Bl00dBaTh and Tex like this.
  20. Ian

Ian Commodore

I think its all about priorities.. Just as everyone went crazy when the GS first came out, this is just another situation we all need to adjust to. I have been advising my members to concentrate on their core components, (upgrading their Academy/troop training and continue to learn how to attack without LP's) then when time and resources (and space in the silo) are available upgrade the LP's. Just as the GS is a bonus, so to are the LP's. Neither of these alone will win you much; but either can and will pull that third star for you at the end of the battle if your troops are well trained and your strategy is good.

# Johnny Doe #, John56 and Bou Regreg like this.