[2.2.0] iOS update bugs & issues

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Oct 29, 2015.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Let's have 'em!

KNOWN ISSUES:

* Overlapping image on the Streaks FAQ when viewing the FAQ from the first Streaks screen.

2. Bat

Bat Powder Monkey

I can't continue a streak after winning a battle unless I gem troops. That has to be a bug.

porrig, 850arrr and SitFlyer_ like this.
  3. Fought a battle, won, gem to rehired my crew, mentioned the start of a streak, game crashes and restart, ask me if I want to restart my streak for x amount of grog (why?), button does not work, I restart the game, pressed cancel on the same question, lost my crew that I rehired for gems. So I am down 400K grog and 8 gems. Not happy!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  4. Lynsey [Midoki]

There was an issue with some players being disconnected during streaks, which has just been fixed by the brief maintenance. If you're still experiencing disconnections, please send a ticket via the in-game support functionality (Log > Settings > Help > Support).

5. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

This isn't a bug - it is to encourage gem spending. As long as you sit on the screen (having pressed rehire - but not pressing gem) once crew has cooked you CAN continue streak without paying.

6. Langballe

Langballe Crew

The percentage shown for the Legendary Pirates Buff, seems to be wrong. Take for example Ching level 2: The graphics say "Increase damage done by all defenses across the island by 1%" But directly under that is says "Defensive Buff +121%"

7. JT07

JT07 Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki] ,the sea creatures on my western map have disappeared after I switched over to the eastern map. Can you check on your end? Thanks!

8. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Chat notifications disappear with big big lags. They may hang there for minutes.
    [​IMG]

9. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Unit hire in tavern became very slow, one adds another with delay (iPad 3, iOS 8.4)

10. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Best pirates of current Rumble are shown sorted incorrectly.

11. Skye

Skye Commodore

Its adding 1% to the previous value. That's where the 1% comes from.

12. Langballe

Langballe Crew

In that case Ching (and all the others) give a 120 % buff at level one? That is news to me. 120% - more than than double? That has to be a mistake. 20% would make more sense, but it is still much higher than before, AFAIK.

13. Skye

Skye Commodore

It is possible that 100% = initial damage, which means 120% is 1.2* initial damage.

But if you look at how much Mack is shielding stores by now, its entirely possible that its actually a 120% increase.

14. Langballe

Langballe Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki] Maybe we can get some clarification from Midoki?

15. whitney

whitney Crew

I'd love clarification on this too. My maxed bombers are having trouble breaking through lvl7 walls when Romeo bomber is active, fairly certain it is the 100+% defense buff. Doesn't seem right?

HornyQuokka likes this.
  16. Skye

Skye Commodore

I actually hope its doubling everything because now people have a real reason to defend their fort. A small buff wasn't worth the space, but with something extreme, designs will hopefully change massively to reflect it and make things interesting again.

17. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Its pure math and correct spellings of percentage.
    100% of something is not a double, its just the same. 127% its 100% "plus" 27%, as @Skye said already, an Initial*1,27
    Midoki counted previous spellings incorrect - 20% of something is just 1/5 of it, not even the whole thing. But it was ok coz it said additional 20%.
    They jumped out of one misunderstanding to step into another )

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Lynsey [Midoki] likes this.
  18. whitney

whitney Crew

Wow. Yes indeed go look at all of what Skye said. The way Mack is shielding storages does indeed seem like it increased 100% plus some. The way Romeo bomber is shielding walls seems as though it too has doubled the hit points of walls. The wording, the spelling is correct, says an "increase of 127%" which would indicate addition to. The wording would indeed indicate that it has doubled, but one would assume that they only meant to add let's say 27%. This is why I'm asking for clarification from someone who actually knows what is going on. Right now there is a maintenance break, perhaps it will be cleared up after that. Thank you for trying to teach me math though, so thoughtful.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  19. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] For sure theres something up with the boosts. I have the feelng that the Training Ground Toughness boost doesn t kick in anymore, but maybe i just feel the way cause the legendary defense skills have increased huge, regardless Midoki says it was just a display correction and it always have been 100%+. I battle a lot every day(50+ fights) and with the same army and since tha last update i have a feeling my troops became a lot weaker! I lose against isalnds i would have shattered 100% before the update.

20. Lynsey [Midoki]

The buffs are correct, they were displaying different previously. For example, Romeo's level 1 buff to walls is 121% of its HP, which means it's an additional 21% hit points. This is because 100% is the wall's normal hit points - if he gave a buff that was 80% of the walls HP, then that would actually be reducing the hit points. The buffs themselves haven't changed, only the way they're displayed.

Skye likes this.