[2.2.0] iOS update bugs & issues

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Oct 29, 2015.

1. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

2. rhorun

rhorun Crew

It's been a while since I posted the game is still buggy sadly if you get booted mid fight or near end fight that is streak over as there is no way to rebuild troops they just vanish

Please hurry up and fix this

3. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

4. Blood bay

Blood bay Powder Monkey

New
    @Lynsey [Midoki]: The server has ups and downs. The last two weeks I'm having no problems with my Iphone 4 (IOS 7). However, last weekend on saturday he crashede all day.
    Stability has come a whole lot rehabilitated because at the beginning of november I couldn't even get on the game

5. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I'm noticing some slow down and glitchiness with iOS9 on my iPhone 6 that wasn't there with iOS8. I had read the reports and resisted upgrading to iOS9 but had to finally cave because of work requirements. If I log in quickly and only play for a short while its kinda ok, but after say 30minutes searching for an island to attack is slow, the animation is slow, glitches during battles, the sound FX are off and just chunky movement throughout the game.

On my iPad 2 Air with iOS8 I get none of this short or long duration's of play.

6. RonUK

RonUK Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki] the sluggishness of the game is increasing on iOS 9, it's unbearable I am lucky if I can log in for 5 minutes on my iPad 2 before being booted out. It's increasing on my iPhone 4s too.

On iPad 2 the game still kicks me out at random moments, all the achievements regularly repeatedly show up in Game Center, not sure if that's connected? It throws me out on streaks which means streaking is almost impossible, I lose normal attacks halfway through and the animation is jerky before the kick out.

The game is a huge frustration to play and getting worse. Can you please provide some reassurance that this is being fixed soon. Please.

7. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

@RonUK

To be fair, the ipad 2 is on the market for almost 5 years now, you can t expect that all apps will run smooth forever on such old outdated devices, otherwise they can t add new stuff to the game.

8. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

ya but my iPhone 6 shouldn't be getting this slow glitchy movement either.

9. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

iOS 9.1 is perfectly fine here on both my slower and faster devices.
    Are you on 9.0, 9.0.1 or 9.0.2?

10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

11. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

12. RonUK

RonUK Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki] It's exciting to hear that an update is on the way, especially with a new PH level. Is it likely that the ioS9 issues will be fixed in that update too, particularly on the ipad2? My logout issues are worse than ever and I dearly want to be able to continue to play, but right now it's unbearable on that device. There does seem to be something odd still going on with game center; I'm logged in but the game often treats me like I've got the achievements for the first time, flashing up notifications for those I've achieved a long time ago and juddering when game center logs in.

Please do what you can to fix ios9 issues in the update - I'm on ios9.0.2. I play Clash of Clans and Boom Beach and they are really smooth graphics with no kickouts ever, so I'm hoping that you can find a way with Plunder Pirates too. Thank you.

13. Skye

Skye Commodore

I hear iOS 9.1 has better performance for many players (if you don't need to be jailbroken), so that may help. Otherwise, the update should fix a lot of those issues!

14. RonUK

RonUK Crew

Thanks @Skye, I meant to say I'm on 9.1 already and have seen little difference. Hoping for seasonal magic from the update

15. Blondie

Blondie Powder Monkey

Upgraded to 9.2 yesterday. Crash, crash, crash - Most of today, using the iPad mini. I feel like it takes the Game Center a long time to do its 'welcome'. The longer it takes, the more likely it will crash within the first 2 minutes of using it. Also crashes after trying to watch the ads. Doesn't seem to be an issue with other games I have within Game Center. It's been persnickety since iOS 9 in general, but this is the crankiest it's been.