[2.2.0] iOS update bugs & issues

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Oct 29, 2015.

1. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

2. porrig

porrig Crew

I've noticed today that if I close the app during a streak when I return to continue the streak the Victories count is -1. I got to 32 victories, and closed the app whilst recruiting. When I reopen and win another battle the count goes from 31 to 32. If I keep the app open each victory increments the count by 1. This issue only happens when closing the app inbetween battles.

This seems to be new today as I streaked to 70 victories yesterday and didn't notice this problem.

3. Skye

Skye Commodore

This was a new bugfix during todays maintenance.

Release 2.2.0 - Halloween

You can no longer log out between battles if you want your previous battle to count, except for levels that give you a chest.

4. porrig

porrig Crew

Thanks for the info. But how can that have been classed as a bug? If that's the case why bother letting people disconnect at all. May as well just say you can only streak if prepared to gem the whole thing.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

It only makes the latest battle not count. You can still snipe a couple phs back to back and just wait out the 20s rehire time.

It really was never intended for us to be able to log off between battles, afaik the only reason they allowed it at all was so maintenance wouldn't break people's streaks completely.

Its obviously mainly intended for gem users, and we were just finding ways to exploit the system. Midoki is a business after all, and they need to encourage us to spend. You can still probably hit a 100 streak for about 400 gems by actually battling bases and gemming the rehire, netting you over 2000 gems worth of chests for the cost of one, along with the loot and plunder points, so its at least a cheaper way to get chests.

c00ni likes this.
  6. rhorun

rhorun Crew

As you seem to be the spokeperson for midoki Skye maybe you can pass this on.

Some of us may spend more if we could actually play the game!

I'm beginning to feel the few of us who play on iPad 2 don't count and I sure as hell won't buy a new iPad just to play this game.

7. I'm sorry if I missed something, But I never heard something like "We are releasing a new featured focused in gem players and its name will be Streaks". So I don't agree that it wasn't intended for regular players (or at least partially)...I don't mind Midoki changing anything they want about it, the worst that can happen is streaks becoming utterly useless and the game returning to pre-streak mode. Thinking positive, we can say the early streak phase was an "event", so good for you if you managed to get some rewards.

As an additional note, I think there is a part of the FAQ that states something about getting disconnected and being able to continue the streak... So this recent patch seems a little contradictory to that...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  8. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

This is not lag. It shows someone requested for troops, they were filled up, and it removed the bar from the chat. Just to save space and make things easier. Like, sometimes, I check chat, and it shows a 10, but there is only one message. Means there were 9 troop requests, that were filled up, before I checked chat.

9. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

10. Skye

Skye Commodore

They already know about the issues with the ipad 2 crashing, have acknowledged it several time, and will probably be fixing it in their next update, which will probably be the christmas one in december unless we're lucky and see a bugfix before then. Sorry its broken, they know its broken, time to wait.

When streaks were initially announced, there was never any mention of being able to log off between battles, just of being able to gem it or wait at that screen. Thats how it was planned from the start. You got a couple weeks of being able to cheese the feature while it was broken. From the start it was very clear it was only going to work if you were willing to sit there for half an hour or gem it. Free players can still use them, either getting lucky and being able to snipe a ph (which isn't sustainable), by waiting it out without letting their device time out, or by using the generous supply of free gems available to you (you can easily get 20 a day sailing without any quests, nevermind the over 800 gems in new quests they just added). Use those free gems, you'd already be using them to gem out battles for walls, and now you'll be able to do significantly more with them since the recruit costs are reduced.

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're aware of some stability issues on the older devices, which we're hoping to alleviate with the next update.

Streaks were always intended to be played in a single game session, not over several sessions (or infinitely). The ability to resume the streak after disconnection was implemented purely so that players wouldn't have their streaks broken due to circumstances beyond their control (maintenance, unexpected server outages, connection issues due to network provider woes, etc). If the player suffers a disconnection (or disconnects deliberately), they will still remain in the streak session, it just won't class their last battle as a victory (if they won it). This will be a minor inconvenience to players using the feature as intended (as they will occasionally potentially lose the odd victory from their tally), but will prevent players from exploiting the streaks.

Bou Regreg and Skye like this.
  12. rhorun

rhorun Crew

Weeks months ? Next update btw I really do hate complaining even though you may think different I and those effected just want to be able to play

RonUK likes this.
  13. Skye

Skye Commodore

Well there's definitely a christmas update coming, so 6 weeks at the very absolute worst.

Christy likes this.
  14. Zink

Zink Captain

I hope no later than that

15. Christy

Christy Commodore

I suppose the Christmas update will consist of only outfits we can buy o_O just like Halloween. No snow this year or Santa Brute :(

16. Ian

Ian Commodore

No snow at Christmas? :eek: Must be an Australian Christmas theme this year. :D

Christy and awbo like this.
  17. RonUK

RonUK Crew

Is there any indication of when the update fix for iPad2 is coming? The situation is getting worse not better; I can now only get beyond the opening screen maybe once out of every three attempts, then am kicked within minutes every time I get through.

There must be lots of players affected in this way, they've probably given up rather than post on here. I've already reduced my time trying to enjoy the game as it's just not enjoyment anymore. I can't attack, can't buy gems, can't explore the map, can't play.

18. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're hoping to have some tweaks that will improve the performance for players on older and lower end devices running iOS 9 in the next update. Unfortunately I can't give you a date.

19. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

Hello fellow pirates,
    During my streak playing, my wins aren't being recorded accurately...for example if I have 1 win then I win again it still says I have 1 win but it seems to keep the streaks accurately...very frustrating. Right now since my wins aren't being recorded, I can't win any chests. Is this a bug and anyone else experiencing this dilemma? Please let me know and fix right away thanks for listening!!

20. Skye

Skye Commodore

If you log off between battles your previous battle no longer counts as a win. This was changed in a server patch last week. You need to win several battles without leaving the game or your win total will never increase.

See this post for details: Release 2.2.0 - Halloween