[2.2.0] iOS update bugs & issues

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Oct 29, 2015.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Sorry to hear that, RonUK. :( I'll pass your info onto the coders - just to check, you're playing on an iPad 2 and not an iPad Air 2?

2. RonUK

RonUK Crew

Hi Lynsey, thanks for your reply. Yes, it's an iPad 2 not an iPad Air 2.

3. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

4. Langballe

Langballe Crew

Hi Lynsey. I have the same problem on my old iPad 2 (not Air 2) running IOS 9.1. The symptoms are the same as what RonUK describes. I tried to log a support case from within the game, but it crashes before doing so

5. rhorun

rhorun Crew

I'm in the same boat ipad2 making the game almost unplayable

6. Blood bay

Blood bay Powder Monkey

Hi Lynsey,
    Since the Halloween update is the game no longer playable on my Iphone 4. Have read that I can't download Ios 9 on this type. The only solution is to buy a new phone?
    And if I remove the app now for a while, I can continue playing on my old account back later?

In the meantime I will deal with the pirate ship of Lego of my son. :)

7. rhorun

rhorun Crew

Still crashing during streaks I guess I will have to post every day until it stops or can you give us some feedback on progress?

8. Lynsey [Midoki]

As far as I'm aware, we're still supporting iOS 7.0 upwards, so I'll look into this for you. However, as Apple no longer support the older iPhone 4, it's increasingly difficult for us to make the game compatible with both the current version of iOS and older versions, so it may be that we're reaching that time - I will check though!

Your island won't be deleted if you remove the app (you will lose any position on the leaderboards and drop out of matchmaking after two weeks of inactivity, however) - if your account is linked to your Game Centre account, your island will automatically restore when you reinstall the app. However, I'd also recommend making a note of your player ID (found in the Log > Settings > Help) and your island and guild names - you can email support@rovio.com at a later date to get a code to move your island onto a new device. If you have access to another device now (either iOS or Android), you can move your account onto it by going to Log > Settings > Device, and using the options there.

We're currently looking at performance issues on the older (but still supported) devices, nothing specific to report at the moment though.

9. Langballe

Langballe Crew

Thank you for the update.

On my iPad 2 running IOS9.1 it is not just performance issues. It crashes so fast that you cannot play. It is my wife's iPad and she's not happy :D.
    The iPad was running IOS 9.0.2 and worked okay with the pre-Halloween update, however after the Halloween update it started crashing regularly. After upgrading to IOS 9.1 it got even worse, and it now crashes all the time (Sometimes immediately and sometimes it'll work for a couple of minutes)

My son also has an iPad 2 which it running IOS8 (if I remember correctly) and he has no problems.

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

I've just dug out the office iPhone 4 that's on 7.1.2, updated to the latest version of the game on the AppStore, gone through the tutorial, loaded my PH8 island onto it, and done a few battles and exploration journeys, and I've not experienced any crashes. Could you please email support@rovio.com with the following details:

- Your device make and model
    - Your version of iOS
    - Your in-game name
    - Your island name
    - At what point you're experiencing issues (on loading, exploring, battling, etc)
    - What sorts of issues you're experiencing (crashes, failure to load, unresponsive, etc)

11. RonUK

RonUK Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki] just wondering if there's any news on anything I can do to improve the performance on my iPad2 as described in the earlier post? The response from support has suggested closing down other apps and resetting the iPad, both of which I've tried and both of which make no difference.

I play Clash of Clans and Boom Beach, both of those run smoothly, just not Plunder Pirates which is my favourite! Is there any update on how performance is being improved on iPad2's running ios9.1 as it sounds like it's not just me affected? There are probably many others affected too that haven't reported the problem.

Thanks for your help, I really hope you can.

12. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

13. Langballe

Langballe Crew

In case it is any help to you, my sons iPad2 (not Air 2) is on iOS8.3, and he has no problems.

14. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Strange, to me it cleary seems that Annabelles KI is totally messed since last update. She wasn t 100% before but now shes totally nuts, jumping around and not covering the largest amount of troops. Almost useless.

15. rhorun

rhorun Crew

I'm reading this and posting as I'm still getting booted from streaking, trying to watch videos etc

I have tried as suggested rebooting iPad closing everything and anything that is running in the background.

I even deleted the game rebooted iPad reinstalled etc

16. RonUK

RonUK Crew

Same here rhorun. It's kicking me out every time I try to battle and I've tried everything I can think of to resolve it. It's good to know it's being looked at but in the meantime I might as well not bother playing. I'm back to Clash of Clash and Boom Beach at the moment and getting really fed up of Plunder Pirates just crashing on me. I've been in piracy for over 400 days and am within touching distance of deleting the app permanently.

A very seasick pirate right now :-(

lady blackbeard likes this.
  17. rhorun

rhorun Crew

So once again I'm back here after being booted unable to rumble and got booted out of a streak of 2 which cost me half my troops and no way of being able to cook more without leaving its getting silly now !

lady blackbeard likes this.
  18. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

If misery loves company, we are a crowd. Playing with iPad 2 plugged into power helped a little. Might try that.

19. RonUK

RonUK Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki] Is there any update on the fix for pirates sailing the iPad 2 seas? I've now deleted most other apps on my iPad 2, have lots of free memory but still multiple crashes on my iPad 2 running iOS 9.1. Reinstalling the app makes no difference, rebooting the iPad makes no difference, it's starting to feel like posting on here makes no difference either... please help or I may start walking the plank.

20. c00ni

c00ni First Mate