Calling out sinister souls and any other guilds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Booty isle, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

So right now we are in a rumble with sinister souls. their top two players(ruby and ready player one) for Bp in the rumble are two absolute beginner bases. I'm talking ph 3. They collectively have 1350bp between two islands. This guild is number 7 in world currently. No one else in their guild is below ph8. So obviously someone has a second or third island at that guild and they never upgrade it because a ph 3 island they can easy take out easy bases low in the rank and still get good bp. But my reason for calling them out is because I feel they are stooping to a low that I do not want to compete at. I mean have your pathetic rumble and play like a borderline game manipulator. These two islands have fought thousands of fights each, with nothing more than ph3. Lol. I'm calling you out sinister souls.

Lofon8 and cmooneey like this.
  2. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

We recently Rumbled against "The Real Pirates" - a gang of 14 minis who get 5000+ BP in a Rumble. Nothing "real" about that.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  3. Raider

Raider Powder Monkey

I had some sort of respect for that guild (loved the name and colors!), but dang thats pretty low. Smh! One of the Top guilds my ass! Harggh harrgh harrghh!!

Lofon8 likes this.
  4. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Booty isle, its ok as a shields after pig-feeding!
    This game was not and never will be fair. Its damn business and its worthless to call out opponents or invoke developers for Fair Game. Money making to a greater extent than justice.

One-Eyed Willy likes this.
  5. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Pointless maybe... But call me old fashion. I like a fair fight. If the game developers can not fix it then atleast their can possibly be a gentlemans code. Look. I am not calling them out to invoke a riot. I simply want to know if this is going to be the new norm and will we all drop to this level(all who can find someone bored enough to sit there for hours everyday with ph3 and get basic wins with no skill involved). I personally do not see why a guild at their caliber would even need to waste their time with it. But maybe this world is more important to some than I could ever imagine. Here I always thought I cared the most. Maybe that's my real issue.

roguecylon and Barbed like this.
  6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I've mentioned previously that we're currently looking at ways of eliminating the advantage lower level bases have with their shorter recruitment times and easier attacks, either through adjusting the BP scaling, or by introducing a points system unique to Rumbles.

7. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

When you find "system" of getting rid of buying shields what will make every rank fair and true and also pig-feeding useless, I will bow to Midoki and rename myself from Barbed to Soft-and-Furry

8. When top guilds have low PH just for winning rumbles I find them sissy's. They are scared to be a man and loose a rumble every now and then.
    Sinister Souls said earlier they where "experimenting" with low PH people in their guild. Well experimenting is over @One-Eyed Willy be a man and drop those mini's.

9. In the mean time, just acknowledge that some people play fair and some people find ways to manipulate the system. And when you see people who are manipulating the system, you just acknowledge that character and/or integrity and pride are more important to you than being good at a video game

Raptelan likes this.
  10. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@ Laughing Skulls we've encountered a couple of guilds utilizing such tactics. We have been able to handle to added challenge effectively. I'd rather lose before bringing in low level accounts to win a rumble. As I have stated prior, we fight with our standard crew regardless.

Edward Kenway, Raptelan, Ian and 2 others like this.
  11. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Sinister Souls unfortunately has not been a competitive guild for some time. Using low level PH islands is a clear sign of desperation. Let them go ahead and include these in their guild, they only hurt their own image.

12. Tifosa

Tifosa Powder Monkey

It is disappointing. I had a lot of respect for Sinister Souls. Now, not so much.

13. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

Stay Sinister...

14. One-Eyed Willy

I am not attempting to justify or suggest that this activity is not reprehensible or without deserving condemnation. However, we win rumbles by landslides and without the need for PH3 accounts. The purpose of this conduct has been for this specific reason alone. To raise public awareness within the community about a topic of much debate; attack caps in rumbles.

I am strongly for the imposition of some form of regulation of the amount of attacks within daily rumbles. I, along with other members of the forum have expressed fervent interest in the necessity for a more universally tailored framework for how rumbles should be managed.

PH3 bp farming has been an easy and cost-effective way to expose how the number of attacks per rumble, that can be accredited to the total BP accumulation, should be regulated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the purpose of rumbles is to accrue gems and other resources. To be placed against a rival who uses excessive amounts of gems to attack over 50 times per day can be very frustrating. This presents a counterintuitive framework where more resource needs to be spent in order to prevail than that of which can be awarded to the winner.

Plus, when has it been in a pirate's nature to fight fair? Haha kidding about that last comment, but I personally want to thank @Booty isle for starting this thread so that perhaps we all may find common ground when it comes to an intuitive rumble framework and universally equal playing field for those non-gemmers who do not enjoy staying up 24 hours to compete with gemming rivals.

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

Abusing something to make a point is just as reprehensible as doing it without a reason. Murder is a problem, if I don't like what the police are doing about it I don't go out murdering people to make a point..

Your not coming off looking like a good guy in this willy .

16. One-Eyed Willy

I don't follow your argument. I especially do not think it relates as it is a matter of ethics and morals, whereas this conduct has been pretty much sanctioned by the midoki team as it does not violate the terms of service.

Again, I am not suggesting this is conduct without deserving condemnation; perhaps you misunderstood.

17. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Lol. First of all.... It's just a rumble, which is a 24 hours competition. It's not going to make or break any player in your guild. Second, you did not stand a chance against us without those two players. Third, how dare you say you are going to manipulate the game in your advantage to create awareness for the better good of everyone else. Very very shameful. U got your win. I hope it felt "good". and whether or not pirates fight fair, they all still abide by the pirate code. Which your guild could honestly use a lesson in.

18. Bear

Bear Commodore

The fact that midoki is spending valuable programming time to fix this problem shows that it is not how the Game was meant to be played. I wouldn't call that sanctioned..

Ian likes this.
  19. One-Eyed Willy

The problem goes beyond low level PH, it has become glaringly apparent (as advocated by dozens of forum members) how the number of attacks towards BP accumulation within rumbles should be regulated. Perhaps this will all be addressed within the new "points system" mentioned by Lynsey

20. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I actually like the current rumble framework, with exception of people using lower PH's in rumbles to gain an advantage. Midoki has said they are fixing the lower PH imbalance, so that will soon be a non-issue. For some guilds, the rumble is not about the rewards, it is the fun of competition. Lower level PH's used to create an unfair advantage just takes away from the fun, plain and simple. One of our farming guilds had a great rumble last week (we lost by 42 BP). It was a fair fight and enjoyable rumble. People in that particular guild who never usually used gems to rumble actually were gemming at the end. If the other guild had been using low level PH players and we lost by 42 BP, I would've been pissed and probably would discourage the guild from gemming in any future rumbles until Midoki solved the problem. Rumbles are good for what they are. People taking advantage of a imbalance in the rumble system takes the enjoyment out of rumbles. Probably not so good for Midoki either.

Raptelan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.