Calling out sinister souls and any other guilds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Booty isle, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian

Ian Commodore

Agree and just because 'everyone else is doing it' (as quoted from the double kaaboom bug) still doesn't make it right.

2. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

Tell me what's enjoyable about staying up hours on end competing with frivolous gem spenders who attack every 5 minutes. @Spongee

T******e Beard and Daddy P like this.
  3. Ian

Ian Commodore

nothing.... both are separate issues that have been talked about in length in other threads (gem spenders and mini islands) both are killing the game..

4. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

SS is not violating any rules as far as I can tell. We may be annoyed by it but it is playing within the constructs that Midoki engineered the Rumbles to be. They will work on it and address it I am sure, but in the meantime it's fair game, just like the ability bugs were before they got patched. Some of us will choose to stay above such tactics, and others will choose to use them to their advantage to feel not unfairly taken advantage of by others who do also. I like a good challenging Rumble but am happy to sit the odd one out when it's not "fun" by our own definition, and every guild should do the same. We chose to beat the mini guild we matched by gemming, they may have invested less into it but we had fun with it. I am sure other guilds get pissed at us when they see a couple of our members playing hard to get high BP scores. It's just the nature of the game, you gotta play it as it's been given to us, while also advocating for changes that seem appropriate.

Daddy P and One-Eyed Willy like this.
  5. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Midoki is for profit. They created something to make themselves more money. Like I said before. It's a 24 hour competition. If you don't want to compete with them fairly, move on. U can't win them all and if you do try then you will be forced to spend money sometimes.

Eric1071 likes this.
  6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@ Willy. There is nothing enjoyable about it. It is rather unenjoyable actually (on the plus side, it does encourage farming and activity within the guilds). Except in the end the brief thrill of the win. It is probably some type of addiction, but I'll leave that discussion for the psychologists. The reality is, rumbles induce gem spending, that generate additional revenue for Midoki, that generate additional content for players. I find it hard to believe any successful game developer would alter a successful competition (yes, successful since everyone seems to be participating in spite of the complaints) that is generating additional revenue for the company and their backers. Gem spending in rumbles will generate future content less dependent on gemmers. Makes sense to me a company develops a competition that generates revenue before one that does not.

RumDaddy likes this.
  7. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Umm, RFF gems in Rumbles! Remember that one with MM? Or other ones since? I wonder, has RFF ever lost a Rumble? Gem spenders don't kill the game, they just get better odds in Rumbles. And why not? What do they have to gain from it? A tiny bit of loot? Hardly worth it. But it is fun to gem, fun to win just for the sake of winning, fun to raid continually. As it should be, that's why some people choose to buy them. I agree Rumbles need some refinement but they are great for what they are. Some new guild competition features that operate differently may come in the future to address those with different desires for guild competition. Currently we have two - Rank and Rumbles. I admire RFF and SS for balancing these two different things well, and finding a way within the current constructs to do well at both. RR attempts to do the same, though we have no mini bases and do not allow dropping rank below our minimum requirement for the sake of winning a Rumble.

8. Ian

Ian Commodore

1. Yes, we and MM have been known to gem, but compared to the other 'big spenders' out there, (our rumble with MM only got to 14,000BP) we are not big spenders.
    2. Have we lost a rumble yet? Not that I'm aware of, have come close a few times and have congratulated the guilds for making us pull together and work.
    3. Ranks/Rumbles. yes two very different ball games and at the moment we are holding our own in both - difficult, but we have an active guild that works well together and a Captain (@Christy) who knows how to get the best out of us.
    4. Like Rapt Renegades we have NO minis islands to support us and also have a required minimum PR that members are expected to maintain.
    To clarify, when I talk of 'gem spenders' and 'mini bases' killing the game, I am talking about the extremes; members and guilds willing to go beyond what is normally expected in the game.

9. Tifosa

Tifosa Powder Monkey

Frivolous gem spenders....I expect that of some guilds/players, but SS was surprising. It's more fun if it is close and sure I'll throw down a gem or two on a worthy opponent. Not frivolous, but just to try and get a few more battles in to see if I can help my guild. Again, I thought SS was different and wish we'd played mano y mano. Call me crazy, but there are a lot of hack guilds and I like to see some rising above the cheaters and maybe setting an example. But alas, my guild lost to SS and I feel good about our effort (though now wish I'd saved my gems for a worthy opponent), so I'll see if I can kick this next rumble. Peace out.

10. Eric1071

Eric1071 Powder Monkey

Perhaps while we wait for the developers to find a fix they could add a option to blacklist a guild from rumbling with ours, not everyone's just ours and anyone else that we find "Experimenting"

Eric1071
    420 pirates

BB-8, Lofon8 and Tifosa like this.
  11. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Sure, who wouldn't mind restricting their Rumble matches to only guilds they can win against? Kind of defeats the point. Nobody can win all the time and there shouldn't be any expectation to, regardless of the tactics the other party chooses to use.

Captain Dack likes this.
  12. Eric1071

Eric1071 Powder Monkey

Perhaps you can provide a better solution till a fix is provided, so far all you have done on here is give insight on your personal opinions and basically tell everyone on here to suck it up and deal with it.

My suggestion was just an idea to help restore players faith in a fair battle during a rumble as a temp fix (kind of like the same reason the dev's took the invisiblity away from the thief till the hack could be fixed) and the blacklist could be reviewed by them before it take affect to avoid the very point your making. Is it a perfect workaround ?? Prob not, but I'm not hearing any other suggestions.

Eric1071
    420 pirates

BB-8 and Kelani like this.
  13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Hate to say it, but you might as well get used to that.

Eric1071 likes this.
  14. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Because until such a time as Midoki chooses to release an update with changes, if they choose to, that is all we can do. Providing critical feedback is valuable, but some people are acting like it's the end of the world that everything is not the way they want, without pausing to realize that one's own perspective is always limited. Midoki is trying to create a fun game for everyone. Are they perfect? No. But neither are any of our own ideas in isolation. In any case we must play the game as it exists at any point in time. Best to make the best of it!

Tifosa and Edward Kenway like this.
  15. RumDaddy

RumDaddy Crew

So your way of dealing with people who have shown a greater commitment than you're willing to make, is to cheat? Gotcha…

[​IMG]

16. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

If that is cheating and has been witnessed and reviewed by the midoki team, why is it that no penalties or warnings have been issued?

17. RumDaddy

RumDaddy Crew

You're right. Continue with the baby fighting technique.

[​IMG]

Christy and Tifosa like this.
  18. yeti

yeti Captain

It's not cheating, but by your own admission this is undesirable behaviour. This is the banner size fiasco all over again...drawing attention to an issue by making the problem worse aren't admirable or mature tactics imo

Kelani likes this.
  19. TheDve

TheDve Powder Monkey

Pops a beer. Sits back. Maybe I should sell tickets.

Christy, Blk, TBird and 2 others like this.
  20. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Add another guild to this list. Another top 35 guild. stone and Bones who we are now matched against in this next rumble has a ph 4 base with 500+ bp(no one else in guild is below ph 7). And by an admission of previous names in the Islands profile. He changed his name to "crook" from "HooksBABYisland". Lol. Now he could be talking about his second island but baby is not a good pirate name and was probably more of an admission to the true purpose of the island. Well it now officially appears to be an epidemic. I hope you fix this soon midoki!

Lofon8, Eric1071 and Tifosa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.