Fan Art (fART for short)

Discussion in 'Fan Forum' started by ATKone, Oct 25, 2014.

1. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Can't wait to see :)

2. Kings King Kong

Kings King Kong Powder Monkey

[​IMG]
    This is my drawing... this is suppose to be me since i'm Captain King Kong lol. Haven't drawn since middle school so sorry if it looks kinda funny, but I had lots of fun drawing again. Again Thank you for the inspiration ATKone. PS- ATKone I know your probably super busy with life and all, but if you ever have spare time would you please consider redrawing and or remaking my drawing into a bad ass cartoon like yours. I would love to make it my home computer wallpaper if possible. Again I know its far fetch of a request since everyone is busy with life, but I'd thought i'd ask anyways in hopes :p. Again and again thank you for the inspiration. Will probably draw more and try to come up with different ideas again... thanks.

3. If it looks funny, it's the rigth kinda funny ^^, Really nice drawing Kings King Kong, would make an awesome avatar! ;)

4. Kings King Kong

Kings King Kong Powder Monkey

[​IMG]
    The before
    [​IMG]
    and the after.

That's the best I could do with a mouse and photoshop. :D thanks

5. yeti

yeti Captain

Thats awesome King's Kong!

6. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Awesome work man! :)

7. ATKone

ATKone Crew

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  8. TBird

TBird Captain

Rachael and Kelani like this.
  9. ATKone

ATKone Crew

10. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Tim,
    Gangrene would have to confirm, but it is my understanding is that GB's contest was to be a "photoshopped" version of his current avatar. An existing portion must be incorporated in the final version.

What you are talking about is a different, as yet unannounced, yet greatly anticipated, contest :D

That said, @ATKone, brilliant work!:):):)

11. TBird

TBird Captain

I see the rainbow.... close enough

try this AT
    http://forum.plunderpirates.com/ind...gangrene-beards-avatar.4565/page-3#post-31603

12. ATKone

ATKone Crew

An existing portion? :)) I hate to post ugly images here, but just so that you have an understanding of the concept, and why I did it like this: :)

It's a combination of the two avatars that @Gangrene Beard likes most.

The pose, puking rainbow, pirate hat, position of the hands ( plus weapon in hand ) and brown colors for the uniform, like the bear, from the 1'st image.

Bald head, angle of the head tilting and most important, my vision on what that bluish thing from the face is, from the 2nd image. That's why he has a moustache and a little bit of hair on the chick, because before I've zoomed in in the image, I've thought that that is hair ( kind of like Gibbs in Pirates of the Caribbean ), so the face is totally inspired from this image, otherwise it should have an eye patch like the bear has. :)

So if you combine image 1 with image 2 and Plunder Pirates style, I think that this is exactly what you will get and what he wanted. :p Plus a bit of things added from my own, like he's holding his belly with one hand, because he's puking rainbow stuff, sword in the other, like pirates do, not chainsaw, each captain has a big captain hat that ALWAYS has a feather somewhere ( without a feather there's no captain hat ) and a cloak, like all captains have... :)) So if you look quickly at the avatar and at the character's face, don't tell me that you don't see a resemblance between them, even if the character is Plunder Pirates style somewhat... :p

[​IMG]

13. ATKone

ATKone Crew

Really really cool! :) I like the pose and the clothes, nice colors! Keep it up!

14. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Dude, I love your artwork, but drop the "forum police" attitude.
    Unbecoming and inappropriate

I was just having a fun conversation with Tim and Praising what YOU do.

TBird likes this.
  15. TBird

TBird Captain

Yelp, Black-ish Beard and I are never serious on the forum....
    Unless you piss us off:mad::mad:
    But not here
    We are in our happy places

Or are we??:eek::eek:

16. ATKone

ATKone Crew

I'm not the forum police, I just wanted to tell you, because it happened to me once and I had to pay a nice fine for that, and all I wanted to do is to let you know, that's all. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, it was not my intent! Just wanted to help...

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  17. ATKone

ATKone Crew

:)))) Arrr'! :))))

18. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Must be sleepy me that read you wrong.
    Sorry for jumping so fast and I thank you for your heads up :)
    Now Tim and I, we are sworn enemies.
    Wait, it's that this week?
    No, this is Old Dudes Unite week.
    Maybe we should start a guild:rolleyes:

19. ATKone

ATKone Crew

:)) Did not understand anything, but ok... I've deleted the posts, because I don't want other people to get it twisted, so if you want, pls delete the photo from this forum and leave it clean :p You can leave it in the other one, I don't care.

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Hey, I'm old too.. kinda. not as old as some of y'all though.

@ATKone Very nice job on the avatar. If @Gangrene Beard approves, and you can repost it on that contest thread, I got no problem adding it to the judging :)

@Tim Thomas Hey, whaddaya got against my avatar? :p Kidding, I'm fine with being the victi.....guest of honor in the next contest. :)