Latest Update bugs and issues (1.5.0)

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Feb 17, 2015.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Hopefully we'll have caught most of them before release, but alas, often some sneak through. If you spot any, let us know here!

Issues:

* Ching Shih is called 'Santa' in languages other than English
    * Other localisation issues with update content
    * Occasional crashes on some devices
    * Flame Gate fire effect sometimes persists on screens outside of battle

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Edward Kenway likes this.
  2. SaK

SaK First Mate

i have spotted two right now
    1. in the flag the black midoki pirate flag is gone.
    2.popup presents still there.what to do with them?

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

1) This has been returned to its original flag - originally the default flag was the Cornish flag (as that's where a lot of famous pirates came from), which was then replaced with the Midoki flag. But then we had complaints about removing the Cornish flag, so we've put it back in.

2) Pop up presents will detonate with Ching Shih and be removed after this update.

SaK likes this.
  4. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

It crashed on me the first two times opening after the update, but has been stable since

edit: Continued crashing. Restarted game and rebooted iPad. Continues to crash at times, usually when searching bases to attack.
    Still playable.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  5. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Will my 3 presents hurt Shih? Don't see any Shih bomb equivalent.
    Nice update. Cheers Midoki! I hope anyone working for Midoki and visiting this forum has thick skin. Charles Barkley has it right to ignore social media.

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yep, popping presents will detonate when Ching Shih goes near them (and then are gone for good, I think, I'd have to double check though)!

And we've all got pretty thick hides, and appreciate that players get grumpy because of bugs/delayed updates etc because they love the game. I'm sure we've all grumbled at aspects of games that have displeased us as some point!

7. Ching Shih

Ching Shih Powder Monkey

All new holiday quest descriptions are shown as "Get 2 Builder's Huts" instead of "dragon boat and junks" in languages other than English.

Call me Ching. "Shih" means "Mrs."

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  8. Spicrado

Spicrado Powder Monkey

Hi, I have 4 quest with description: build 2 Builder’s Huts but, it's wrong description.

[​IMG]

9. JennyBootsBrau

JennyBootsBrau Powder Monkey

This update crashes. I've never had crash problems before. I lose all the booty I had won in an attack but don't get my pirates back. I've played every day since I first downloaded, but will wait for a fix update before I try again. Too frustrating.

10. SaK

SaK First Mate

when its crashing...while attacking? or anytime randomly?

11. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

Still working:
    close all apps
    shutdown device
    restart

PP started well, run for 45 min, I took a break of 1 h, hit on PP app (wasn't closed), app crashed, started app again, app works.

12. TBird

TBird Captain

The "You were attacked while you were away" banner went away after last update for me.
    Still gone... I know I was attacked while I was away by buildings rebuilding and score going up... But not by a banner anymore.

13. Gantorak

Gantorak Powder Monkey

Not a gameplay bug but a doc bug: nonsense at least in Germans are the tasks which are simply not understandable (those which give you additional constructor or grog or whatever but no idea how).

14. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yep, there's been an issue with localisation so some of the update stuff isn't appearing correctly in non-English languages. We're hoping to rectify this soon.

15. Tex

Tex Commodore

I had crash issues too guys. So I deleted the game and reinstalled.
    No more crash problems. :)

16. Jun

Jun First Mate

[​IMG]
    There is a small red line that can be viewed at certain angles with the gun tower, MM, and mortar. I didn't see it with the cannon. At first, I thought it showed the direction it was firing in (which would be really cool for the mortar!) but I realized that it isn't affected by rotation.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  17. SaK

SaK First Mate

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Pirates jumping all over the traven...not fixed yet

Captain MetaTauta likes this.
  18. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

My app crashes sometimes as well on the iPad mini. Usually when I browse bases to choose my victim. They are lucky my app is crashing :D :D

19. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] Cant we keep keep both the black flag and the midoki black flag? I really liked the midoki one:oops::rolleyes::eek:

ElGordo and SaK like this.
  20. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yes please. Me too :)

Also - @Jun - the thin red line doesn't show for me. Is it only level 1 builds?

ElGordo and Edward Kenway like this.