Latest Update bugs and issues (1.5.0)

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Feb 17, 2015.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The only time the Flok... flame gate should be burning is when attacking pirates go strutting through it. Unfortunately it's a bit over eager to burninate, so sometimes stays on visually after the attack has ended. Functionally it's fine, it's just the effects that are misbehaving.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  2. TBird

TBird Captain

I almost had you say it!!!
    That would have made @Floki so happy to have you call it a Floki Gate!!!
    Now if I can get you to slip and call the new pirate a ChristyBrute, that would make @Christy 's day :)

So the flame "should" go away on a reset? Bug/feature to be addressed in near future update?

Christy likes this.
  3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yep, it's fixed in an upcoming update that will hopefully also sort the crashing issue some people have been experienced since the update, and fix the localisation issues non-English players have been stuck with.

4. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Ok... For some reason or another PP crashed twice on me today using my iPad2. First crash was during a troop deployment/attack. The second crash happened while I was searching for a base to plunder. I had no prior crash problems on this device sice the update and I loaded the game many times prior.

TIGeR

5. Bryno

Bryno Crew

Thx. I've seen many crashes today. I hope everyone's ok. Lol.

6. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] When visiting other pirate's bases, Flame Gates are not selectable - both finished ones and under-construction ones.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  7. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] When viewing replays posted in chat (both by myself and others), background music stops playing. It starts again when the replay ends. This is not an issue when viewing replays in your own battle log or during actual battles.

Edit: In addition, and this one is going to be a bit vague for now, sometimes the SFX volume goes down quite low whilst the music volume remains at a normal level. Changing the volume only adjusts the music volume, leaving the SFX volume barely audible.
    I've noticed this happen when un-muting the device sometimes but I also just had it happen when going to the map view, following a battle, without touching the mute switch. I'll post more if I can figure out how to reliably reproduce.

8. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki]
    While upgrade flame gate to level 2 it is not possible to rearm the gate.
    Does this mean:
    a. free rearming during upgrade
    b. no working flame gate after attack until upgrade finished

How it's manage with upgrading mines?
    Don't now how it was atm, because last upgrades were short and no attack at that moment but now update would take 1d or so.

9. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

is the correct answer. Figured it out on the hard way...
    That means, updating mines one by one and one day without active mine.

Tiger Claw likes this.
  10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Whenever you attack and kill the new boats, the notification you get still says Huge Fish

11. TBird

TBird Captain

Still having replay issues... getting closer, not as far off as it was before.
    But still not right. I even have seen a few that match the scoreboard.

Tiger Claw likes this.
  12. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

Repeated crashes, closing app and returning to desktop . Three in last ten minutes.

13. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Game was unplayable due to cheaters. Now almost unplayable due to crashing. Maybe next update. Or the next one, or the next one.
    May I suggest developing a working game before dedicating time and resources to these special events? Please?

Tikigirl and Captain MetaTauta like this.
  14. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Not sure how we can (with any accuracy) notice an improvement. My entire Iland appeared completely leveled after suffering a high level attack, but playback looked quite different. An example of this is seeing the PH destroyed during login, but vid playback show little damage to it.

TiGeR

15. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Oh, that sucks. I recently started my upgrade as well. :confused:

TiGeR

16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Also getting the crazy Tavern bug. When training, open Tavern. Tap a pirate portrait and all troops except the current one vanished. I could keep scrolling the tavern slots to the right endlessly, with those missing pirates occasionally flashing into the slots as they scrolled by. :)

17. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] Unread chat message counter still not working properly. Just logged in and it read 3 unread messages. The last 2 messages were written by me...

18. Bryno

Bryno Crew

L . Great update full of content. Floki's gate is a cool add. Well done. You fellas have been puttin Work. I definitely dropped some change (real $) on new mods.
    When are you thinking we might c the update crash fix? o_O

19. Arr

Arr Captain

Any known bugs related to bluetooth keyboards? My iPad 3 seems to crash a lot when I use them.

20. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Neither. You still need to pay to re-arm, but via another Flame Gate. They definitely function during an upgrade.
    See: [1.5.0] Upgrading Flame Gate Not (Directly) Re-armable
    @Lynsey [Midoki]

ElGordo likes this.