Legendary Pirates: A Players Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bear, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

@Skye Updated with approximate locations for materials on the exploration map. :)

Skye likes this.
  2. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Are currently training legendaries able to defend the island? (semi related to the bug report I just posted)

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'm not sure yet. I *think* I upgraded boomer while still letting him defend. But I'll have to test.

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Confirmed. They do not defend while training. I just activated Mack. Then started his training. The fort icon turned red, and upon entering the fort it has a warning saying "no active pirate"

5. Babajack

Babajack Powder Monkey

@Bear may I ask coordinate of oyster bay?

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

S17

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

Once you have fort lv 2, what I've been doing is training/resting one pirate, and letting the other be active; then swapping the active one when it trains, so I always have someone defending and can always sneak back into the fort while lv3 is building.

You do not seem to be able to train a pirate while it is resting!

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yup. Had that confirmed earlier today. I believe I updated the guide to reflect it.

9. SaK

SaK First Mate

Just wondering how much I need to upgrade a single hero...!

Materials at the end of the upgrades will be pretty high....and it's all about luck factor to get those materials even if u buy boxes

10. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Awesome guide Bear! But I was wondering about the Stamina, is it possible to make them rest even though their stamina bar isn't empty? Or do I have to wait until its completely depleted?

11. Ian

Ian Commodore

Am down to 7% stamina, and haven't been able to 'rest' my Legendary.. Looks like we have to wait till they are exhausted..:(

Edward Kenway likes this.
  12. Skye

Skye Commodore

Mine didn't let me rest until he was at 0.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  13. @Bear You should get a life, this is some serious work! ;)
    Awesome, no legendary work man!

Bear likes this.
  14. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Same thing happened to me now, Imo you should be able to rest him/her whenever you desire. For example the legendary has 10 stamina left, If I put him to rest he wI'll have a rest time of 12h (20stamina is 1 day)
    I also think you should be able to cancel the resting, so I dont have to wait for the legendary to get to precisely 20 all the time

MorganFlint, Captain Kasra and Bear like this.
  15. Bear

Bear Commodore

I agree

16. Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown Crew

Bear, thanks for the post. I thought it would be good to also add a skills list of the Legendary Pirates. I don't have Romeo Boomer, my wife does, but I like his Def. Buffs the best because they are effective for the entire island, not just the small range round the Legendary fort. I'm farming materials to upgrade Romeo and crossing my fingers in the hopes that he shows up on the next boat.

Mack McKraken
    Claw Chaos: damages surrounding nearby structures
    Defensive Buff: Increases damage done by cannons near the Legendary Fort by 1%
    Defensive Buff: Increases hit points of resource generators and storage by 1%

Cornelius Heston
    Monkey Business: sends forth angry combat apes
    Defensive Buff: Increases damage done by cannons near the Legendary Fort by 1%
    Defensive Buff: Increases damage done by mortars near the Legendary Fort (inc. Mystic mortars) by 1%

Romeo Boomer
    Mills & Boom: AOE explosion
    Defensive Buff: Increases hit points of walls across the island by 1%
    Defensive Buff: Increases damage done by cannons across the island by 1%

Captain Hakjka and Captain Kasra like this.
  17. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm not sure if the range around the fort for the non island-wide buffs is consistent between different pirates (is cornelius' radius the same as mack's?) If they are, it might be a good idea to add to the post what the range is in tiles; if not, it might be a good idea to list what the range is for each individual pirate with range-based buffs. Note that the range circle appears to be calculated via the center of the legendary fort/trade ship like most standard defenses, so a good portion of the range circle is covered up by the building itself. I believe the radius, for a lv 1 Cornelius at least, is 10, but I could be off a tile or two.

18. I don't quite understand the instructions on how to see which buildings your fort is buffing

19. awbo

awbo Captain

Tap your fort, your active legendary appears on right, tap and hold defensive buff and a radar thing happens and highlights affected stuff. Sorry, pretty technical :)

Jeff C, Spyder, Bear and 1 other person like this.
  20. Bear

Bear Commodore

I've thought about your suggestions more. I'll add a section with descriptions, but I don't want to include % points, because they change as you upgrade and I don't want to add every level.