Loot, Where Is It?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daddy P, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Okay, I have seen a lot of ranting and raging about a sharp downturn in available loot both the week before and after the Release 1.6.0. Almost everyone has noticed it in our guild and my other guild (with my second account). Personally, I went from hitting 700k-1 Mil (one resource) bases almost every 10-15 nexts to almost never seeing them now (from rank 1-350 I've explored). I find myself settling for 200-300k bases now after wearing a hole in my iPad where the next button resides. This makes updating 900k-1.2mil walls very frustrating, when you have to fight 3-4 battles to build one wall. And now the big bases with any loot are dang hard to crack, even with lvl 9 walls.

Anyone who has noticed a sharp loot change, please post here. PLEASE DO NOT BASH MIDOKI HERE OR RANT AND RAVE ABOUT QUITTING THE GAME (there are many threads with that content already). Consider this like a survey to see how many are having the same issue.

Also, it would be helpful for @Lynsey [Midoki] to explain why this is occurring. I'm aware of the change in the amount you can steal from collectors, but I'm not sure how this plays out in numbers as far as how much you can steal from a base. I also suspect that so much gold is being sucked out of the system due to the PH 8 release. But this is the first loot shortage I have ever seen in this game since the world release. I have never had an issue in finding solid loot.

This downturn has me very nervous about the proposed matchmaking rebalancing.

One short-term solution I've suggested is as follows: http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/collector-distillery-and-mine-boost.5174/

[EDIT] My last 5 attacks were 715/797, 597/294, 357/901, 650/840, and 711/559 against underdeveloped PH 7s (so a slight window opened up for me this morning), but I still used all my troops (3 Juggs, 5 Brutes, 8 Raiders, 5 Bomb, 1 WD, 21 Gunners--not a typical farming set)]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    Sigrid, Spherique and Stick like this.
  2. Stick

Stick Powder Monkey

Agreed I to am seeing the same issues. Least I had to settle on before the update was 600k now I can't find 400. Really can't see how this helps hoping it gets fixed as I do love the game.would be a shame to see players leving over this.

3. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

I've been told that in COC, loot is even more difficult.

Android users are coming soon. They surely don't want be to raid by higher level players( plenty of them farming at 50-200PR) on a ratio of 1/4. more difficulty for us to farm, yes and I agree on that. But New players would be happier and will be having a better game experience with this update as this will prevent their resources to be all gone in a day, and being frustrated of not capable to revenge those who took almost everything.

4. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

There's no question it's worse than it's been in a long time. However it's probably more in-line with how it should be imo. They once again made walls and defenses way too cheap considering how easily & quickly you can fill your storages. That being said the inevitable loot nerf may be the death nail. I still remain cautiously optimistic though.

Mr. Brown and Stick like this.
  5. Bathplug

Bathplug Powder Monkey

Posted this in another thread but yes I'm constantly nexting to find decent gold and have to settle for a lot less than I used to. Is this because of it now depends on the mine/storages level? Either way its bad and will no doubt get worse when they implement the other matchmaking changes.

Should have left it how it was. Or make it so you can steal more from ph 7 & 8s and people won't be so inclined to attack lower bases all the time.

6. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Clash is a wreck, which is why I think so many are irritated here. Many left Clash for that reason and we don't want this game to go down that same path.

Sigrid, Moostache and Bathplug like this.
  7. Stick

Stick Powder Monkey

100% agreed daddy

8. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

I don't give any opinion on the loot. But In my opinion, it's all for new players( mass of android users) to enjoy the game without being farmed by those who sit in the low rankings and enjoying whipping newbies asses who wont be able to revenge them.

9. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

This keeps coming up. I never hit below ph6 bases, and I don't consider a PH 6 a noobie base. PH 6 and 7 are the bases where most loot comes from. There is no reason to protect that range. Ive got two accounts and PH6 and 7 have never been issues. I get wiped out for 500k-1 mil, I just get it back in a battle or two. I hardly ever got attacked more than once or twice in a day. It's the casual player that battles once maybe twice a day that has a rough time--but those casual players should not receive Midoki's concern. Let's not dwell on a false premise that PH 8 bases are wiping out PH 1-5. This occurs ONLY when trying to get BP. And, as others have said, once those ph 6 bases reach ph 7 and 8, they are going to be whining and crying about not being able to find enough loot and wishing they had shut their mouths.

10. Danny Liu

Danny Liu First Mate

UHOH if this becomes like coc we are all screwed.
    For those who dont inow in clash, finding 200k bases is rare and lucky... Thats how bad it is.

11. Fe_C

Fe_C Crew

Would @Lynsey [Midoki] mind to share with us how does this new matchmaking mechanism works? And also what is the latest loot calculation formula?

12. Stick

Stick Powder Monkey

Once again daddy can't agree more well said.

13. Typhon

Typhon Powder Monkey

I'm only a new player (PH5) but loot is unchanged for me. I did 3 raids, made just under 1m gold and grog (each). Set my fourth builder going again, did some research and logged out for another 24 hours. There's nothing really to do at this level as loot is so plentiful compared to upgrade prices.

In between those 3 raids I also logged into Clash of Clans to do some farming just on and off. Also made about 1m gold/elix on my TH9. Two storage raids and a collector base:

[​IMG]

I've never had any issues with loot on Clash - will be interesting to see if I have any on here later on.

14. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Those amounts on your Clash log are small. When I played (and my base is a mid TH 10), we were hitting 500-700 regularly with just archers. Then it dropped to the 200-300 range with full-on attacks, which is when a lot of players quit. Couldn't even pay for troops. As far as Plunder Pirates is concerned, I don't think PH 5 is experiencing much change (in fact, it is apparently a protected class). I have a PH 6 account, and its loot levels seem about the same. It's my primary PH 8 account that I see the difference.

15. Typhon

Typhon Powder Monkey

You must have played a long time ago before they started to push inactives down the search queue then. I wouldn't have enjoyed the game back then - hitting inactives for tonnes of loot constantly would be too easy. I enjoy the challenge of hitting active players with nothing in their collectors. My lava walls are pretty rare, which is why I farm them. Each to their own I guess.

P.S. You can build high level walls with elixir now which basically halves the cost of them. Oh and the league bonuses high up where TH10s farm are massive now, pays for a Lavaloonian army itself.

小绿(Green) likes this.
  16. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

Agree

Typhon likes this.
  17. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I wouldn't enjoy buying my base either ;)

Moostache likes this.
  18. Moostache

Moostache Crew

Agreed about the obvious loot nerf on bases with non-maxed storages. Before the update dropped I mostly attacked PH6s and 75% maxed PH7s using Brutes/gunners (and Ching just in case). Post-update I find myself going back to Juggs/bombers much more often, simply because there is barely much loot from the bases I used to farm with.

I'm a relatively patient player among my guildmates when it comes to flipping/nexting bases (I once spent up to 300K gold and over 20 minutes searching), yet the best I've seen from a PH6 is still just about 625K each. Not at all comparable to those pre-update ones with 1.25M each. I might be greedy in farming, but that's how I got all my Ph7 walls from Lvl8 to Lvl9 in 6.5 days without gemming at all. It was so much fun to be able to plunder over 12M gold each day. Not fun to my victims maybe, but they deserved it if they were hoping to protect their loot overnight with poorly upgraded defenses and terribly bad layouts. I seldom get attacked as I seldom leave loot behind when I log off, and it's always part of the game to me that you manage your loot wisely.

With the new loot calculation formula I suspect it would take months to do the same, but I'd just gladly move on if that's the case. It was fun while it lasted.

Tex likes this.
  19. Tex

Tex Commodore

What's going on here. Something about a loot downturn? I didn't notice.o_O

Moostache likes this.
  20. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea the loot has taken a huge nosedive, it's taken me two days to find a base with 500k gold, some bases are horrible, i'm seeing loads of ones under 100k?? Mostly 150k, with 300k at best. They're going to have to fix this, it's terrible. I attack PH6,7 & 8's, never smaller, rank 200-350, I totally agree to stopping high PH's destroying low ones, its for players that can't play, but at least give us a loot bonus for hitting within our range.
    This is the reason I left Clash, spending 15 minutes hitting "next" "next" "next", completely takes the fun out of a previously fun game. If this keeps up I can see a lot of people leaving. It's just really annoying that such an enjoyable game has gone this way, a real letdown.