Loot, Where Is It?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daddy P, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I completely agree with you IF the loot is in the higher ranks. Before it was not, and there are still major shortages. However, I'm around 500 PR and doing just fine. My point all along is that if you force us up there, make sure there is loot for us.

2. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

3. Stevo the Pirate

Stevo the Pirate Powder Monkey

Update on the loot:
    This might be covered in another thread but I'm curious how the loot is calculated.

Just now I had 2.5MM gold and 5.4MM grog and got attacked. Up for grabs was 730k gold and 910k grog.

Someone attacked me with max 7.501MM gold and grog, I attacked back within 30min. and he had 1.014MM gold and grog available.

That's a large scale. 2.5MM = 730k available, 7.5MM = 1.0MM.

4. TBird

TBird Captain

I have been holding 7 million in grog the past few days.
    It "looks" like the most they can try to get from me now is 1 million an attack.
    Used to be 2.5 million before the last update.
    Not that it matters, no one has gotten more than 250k in an attack:D

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  5. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I am hitting base after base like this, for anyone looking for loot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Salty Snack and Ian like this.
  6. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Another example . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    Salty Snack and Bear like this.
  7. Virus

Virus First Mate

In general loot is between pr 1 and pr 2000 :p

Ian and TBird like this.
  8. Sigrid

Sigrid Crew

Yep, loot levels have changed. I've been having unpleasant Clash Nexting de ja vu.....

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

I've been finding plenty of bases with 1 million total loot in the 200's and 300's

Kelani likes this.
  10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Same here. For the last two weeks, at 200-300 it is easy to find 600-1.2M bases in 5-30 nexts.

Bear likes this.
  11. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

150-350 for me. Not like old times cause takes a lot more nexting. But the loot is there.

Kelani likes this.
  12. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah, also not like old times in that there are almost NO bases with 1 million of each resource.

But I don't think I ever next more than 20-30 times.
    30 being extremely rare

13. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

That is because the system is now so messed up. I had 7.5m grog and when someone tried to attack me it showed only 980k available to them.. That is crazy I should have had at least 2.5m for their taking if they could beat me...

Bear likes this.
  14. Croc

Croc Powder Monkey

I don't know as a new low level player I find plenty of loot. I find you level 100 plus guys that leave your mines and grog producers unprotected. You have like 400,000 available and even if I just get 20% of that I'm in business. Of course I lose the battle, but I'm not looking to "trophy push" as they say in clash. That is my experience so far as a new Android player.

15. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

LOL, just wait until your troops cost 400k to use each battle, and then that 400K you are finding will not look so great. ;)

Tex likes this.
  16. JT07

JT07 Crew

Most active players like myself will cleared out the disterilliers (gold/grog). Those stuffs act as distractions as well as baits.

17. Bad Bob

Bad Bob Powder Monkey

Some guild members and I seem to have noticed that if you change the language to Korean (or other languages), there seems to be more loot.

This seems extremely illogical unless there are separate severs for different languages?

In Korean there are still plenty of bases coming up with English and myriad other languages in the same way that we get attacked by and attack bases that appear to be in other languages.

Perhaps it is just luck but it definitely seems to be less pressing next before getting to a decent base? I would appreciate comments from people trying this.

Lynsey, would you be able to comment are there different servers / players based on language or am I just going crazy?

The other main reason that there is less gold since the last update is because far less people are holding large quantities of gold. The walls require in excess of 300 million to go from level 9 - 11 and as such are acting as a money sink. Most people will buy walls before logging off. Gold / Grog production is still the same but it is now being spent so cannot be available to be plundered.

As people max out walls (eventually), then logically, more money should start to become available.

Willard likes this.
  18. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

You're going crazy! ;) The loot rules are exactly the same across all the servers (you won't always be on the same server each time you player), across all languages, and across both iOS and Android, and there's no A/B testing going on or anything sinister or complicated. If you're noticing more loot when changing languages, it's just coincidence.

19. Fe_C

Fe_C Crew

In old formula, 20% of the total capacity of the storage is the max available loot, i.e. if you have 7.5m gold, max available is 1.5m (500k per storage).

I just had a tested with 7.5m gold (PH7) tonight, and been attacked by a PH7, and found have lost 600k gold from 2 storages (300k each). Hence, my gut feeling telling me the new cap is 12%. (300k/storage *3storage = 900k)

A day or two ago I also manage to capture a reply that a gold storage is been destroyed, with no other gold collectors or storages being attacked at that 10s. It was an attack by PH8 to my PH7. Thus I tried to find out how much gold I have lost from that storage, and found an interesting figure: 699,832-474,832 = 225,000.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

225k / 300k = 75%

225k / 2.5m = 9%

hummmmm........... some further tests have to do

Willard likes this.
  20. Tex

Tex Commodore

Is there a reason the available loot formula cannot be shared with us @Lynsey [Midoki] ?
    It's not like we're discussing top secret government secrets or anything.