Loot, Where Is It?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daddy P, Mar 19, 2015.

1. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

I mean then you have the issue of troop cost and cost of rearming you mines.!!!!!!

Troops cost me 226k if I use them all and find a 400k gold/grog base is rare, then mines are 300k gold almost every time I am attacked.

Then you have the cost to train your troops at 2-3.6 million each at Academy lvl 7. You know how long that's gonna take with putting only 100k grog away every 45 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!

It almost seems like they are worried about content and if they are worried about content then they need to focus on WARS. It's never ending!!!!!!

2. Sigrid

Sigrid Crew

Daddy P is spot on! The quick surge to over 5M players in PP was due to a horde of Clasher who were sick and tired of nexting, nexting, nexting to find any loot. It's an issue they "resolved" by introducing Clan Wars..which is a whole other story.

Becker Redbeard and Daddy P like this.
  3. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

Exactly. Like I keep saying they need to worry about the majority. If they are worried about content a new PH isn't the answer because in another month will have the same conversation.

What they need to focus on is the war system. The war system will go on and on and on. They just need to focus on making it a quality system before they push out a new pirate hall, oh and fix this crazy loot. If they do those 2 things in a Quailty way the majority way.

Guess what the majority is complaining.

Guess what it's ok. Midoki has a chance to impress there customers and fix issues and retain us!!!!

They are allowed to make mistakes. All I ask is if you have this many complaints from people, please fix the problem.

Tex and Daddy P like this.
  4. Jun

Jun First Mate

You know, I can't imagine you are hitting 250k people. Why? Because I am sitting around at 750s with people that have 400k gold. Unless you are trying to convince me there are more resources up top than at a lower PR. Is that what you are saying?

5. Jij

Jij Crew

Yes Daddy P by now you know the tremendous reduction in resources and Battle Points is universal and shows the obvious direction Rovio is going with the game.

6. Moostache

Moostache Crew

Gotta say that there are still millionaires down there despite they are no longer PH6s :) Personally I am disappointed with the loot nerf, but I still hit at least 500K+ (either or both resources) on average per raid (Yes I'm almost breaking my Next button after the update :rolleyes:). Not comparable to the average of 800K+ per raid I used to maintain anyways. At the moment I can still afford to train all my troops and put the builders to work, but I'll have to give up on the walls.

7. Jun

Jun First Mate

From what I heard, CoC takes months to years for its walls. By lengthening the time here, I don't see the problem. Everyone deals with it, or else you pay gems, and I think that's a fair trade off.

8. Moostache

Moostache Crew

Not me then :rolleyes: None of the Clashers in my guild liked the wall costs there. I'm not a Clasher so I can't really comment on that, but I surely won't enjoy grinding for months just to bring the walls to their current max levels, especially since new levels would likely be released again by that time. Kudos to those who have the time/money to do it though :)

9. Jnickell

Jnickell Powder Monkey

Agree with DaddyP. Really enjoyed popping in for a quick game and upgrade. Now it takes forever and I find myself playing less. The decrease in recruiting time didn't help near as much as the loot drop hurt. It makes the game feel more like a relentless grind than a fun break.

Daddy P likes this.
  10. Moostache

Moostache Crew

Agreed. I used to keep raiding for grog as soon as a troop is ready for the next training and today it was my Gunner, Heavy Gunner and Priestess (I always raid until all my troops are under training in AC and VH). Today I didn't even bother to keep raiding after starting the first two. HG alone costed me 4.4M grog which was really easy to farm pre-update, but it took me an entire afternoon after the update dropped. 500K loot per attack used to be disappointing but now you'd think you got lucky if you ran into an island like that without a lot of searching. I'll still keep upgrading my remaining defenses (cannons and gun towers don't cost much at all) but that's all about it. :(

11. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

+1. Even before this latest update, I already made the decision to left walls out of my main goal of "maxing out everything on my island". This update merely made me even more determined in this earlier decision of mine.

P.S. FYI I am now considering leaving my mines at lvl 3 due to the pretty high rearm cost already at that level.

The ironic thing is: you work hard to get grog and train your pirates, only to find them bringing more problems than benefits because recruitment cost gets too high but the trainings themselves seem to make too little difference.

No wonder I am so lazy with my troop training now...

Moostache likes this.
  12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Clash is abysmal. It is a rare day when I find a base with over 100-200k of a resource that I can actually beat. Unless I pay 40 gems to boost my barracks/(taverns) repeatedly, It usually takes me several days to a week to get enough loot for just one upgrade. Maybe a day or two less if my clan happens to win a few wars. That isn't helped by the incessant raids continually siphoning off what I'm trying to save.

PP above 300PR was starting to seem like a lot like Clash, and with this update, that is now extended all through the ranks. It's depressing, and hope it's a temporary issue, because I don't see this being sustainable for long.

13. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I'm doing the very same thing. There's no way I'll ever upgrade my mines to max, utterly pointless, the jump in rearm cost is a joke, not only will you lose whatever is stolen but it'll cost another 375k just to reset. Pointless since Juggs will more than likely disarm them anyway and all for an extra 100 damage that makes no difference, I know they're good for pulling Juggs to places you want but not worth it since they'll still do that at lower levels.

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  14. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Totally agree, I left clash as soon as I got into this game, this was everything that Clash should be, easy loot, great graphics & gameplay but like Clash that it still takes time to complete with only 4 builders. Now unfortunately we're heading into Clash territory with the loot nerf, it's no different with the "next" "next" "next", that's the main reason I left Clash.
    I just hope to god they do something to change this, there's no point in gaining new Android players if they'll lose the ones thats taken them this far.

Becker Redbeard and Kelani like this.
  15. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

It's extremely frustrating that the more you advanced the more you are penalized. Be it long build times, high troop costs, or very expensive defensive upgrades.

16. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] or @AngryBeard or @Chris [Midoki] has an explanation been released officially as to why loot reduced at last update? What in-game change, if any, was made other than collector adjustment? Since loot went from 1.5 mil to average 300k, there has to be code change other than collectors. It may be posted here somewhere, but there are so many posts about loot that I can't find it. Was the loot penalty stiffened?

17. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

While I agree the decrease in loot has increased the challenge of upgrading, I am not so sure using "clash did this" or "it used to be" is the best approach as the basis for forming an argument. Has anyone seen the revenue stream from Clash? To say "Clash did this" in some ways seems as an argument for the change and not so much against it. To say "it used to be" never carries much weight" as games constantly evolve. The best arguments against the current change might be the simplest, such as "I find myself playing a whole lot less" or "I am currently losing interest in the game" as some have already stated.

18. Jij

Jij Crew

Same here, the next button is where I spend most of my time in the game now. :(

19. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

That's the point of the clash comparison. Tons of people left the game because of the same stuff going on here. Hence, "I find myself playing a whole lot less" or "I am currently losing interest in the game." We don't want this game to go down the same path, therefore the comparison. Your point is well noted that clash makes over a million dollars a day. Not a bad formula to follow from a developer standpoint. We will find out very quickly whether Midoki cares more about the mighty dollar than user satisfaction.

Smelly_Vile, Tex and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  20. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

This is a company after all, I think they'll go with your former rather than the latter. At the end of the day all these companies care about is profit, some of them would sell their own mother if they got the right price. Although up to now Midoki did seem to care more than most about what we wanted.