Loot, Where Is It?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daddy P, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Typhon

Typhon Powder Monkey

Neither would I, the only gems I have spent on Clash are for boosting barracks which is a very small amount as you get quite a lot of free gems from obstacles anyway. I have 730m GG in 7 months if you'd like to look me up, otherwise you might actually have to think of a counter-argument rather than "omg u gemmer lol". Some of us know how to farm and raid storages. Not all of us need to next for 15 minutes for a collector base. :)

2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Touchy. That comment wasn't directed at you. You said you are a PH 5 newbie. Not sure why anyone needs to gem at PH 5. My comment was lobbed sarcastically at the gemmers (IN THIS GAME) chastising farmers, who perch comfortably at the top with maxed bases and no need to farm. Clash of Clans is a whole other discussion.

Tex likes this.
  3. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Agreed on loot downturn, it was clear the first round of nexting (yes I was farming).
    I've never BP farmed, far easier to go fishing. And farming loot from PH 1-5 would be worthless- loot too little. But I dropped to farm rather than fight equals as high loot bases disappeared.

Really it's a mathematical CERTAINTY that 1.2 mil walls will burn up all the gold up high.
    Further neither recent update did anything to help loot up high, no higher level collectors, no loot bonus for beating equal or higher PH, etc.
    Choices are to gem walls, play less and be patient getting crappy loot, or stop playing.
    Never played CoC but it sounds like the PP model is going that way, even the Guild ship bonus is about identical according to @Arr 's thread on new ship. Seems like those who've played both preferred PP, but PP has gotta be different to stand out and thrive!

Tikigirl, Tex, Chriscat and 1 other person like this.
  4. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

The loot situation just sucks. It's the only way to say it. I'm not gemming anymore. That will be my protest. I have not seen a base with more than 400 to 450k of gold with ph6. And finding one with more than 250k is taking forever. Booooooooooooring.......

Tex and Moostache like this.
  5. Tex

Tex Commodore

My total gems spent week prior to March 18th update 750.
    Gems spent post update 50.
    Projected gems to be spent until this is fixed 0.
    Vote with your wallet.
    It's the only thing that will grab Midoki's attention. halloween_evil

6. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Another thing that's gone worse is the replays, I haven't had one that's even close since the update, for gods sake fix them, even just give us our last 3 replays but for the love of God FIX THEM!!

Tikigirl likes this.
  7. NEWSFLASH.

Midoki allows walls to be upgraded with grog.

8. TBird

TBird Captain

????????
    More details

9. Moostache

Moostache Crew

I just hope this would end up to be wrong, but the new loot calculation system seems to only affect (or mostly affect) PH7/PH8 players. Up to PH6 it could still very well be the same game we used to love, and I have a feeling that Midoki is redesigning the system in a way that new players would become more and more attached to the game up to that point (to me PH6 was where the game started to get truly fun and serious :)), just to realize that they gotta pay to gem in order to advance further. Early adopters like us helped improving the game for many previous versions, but it's also true that the pool of high-level players would be a lot smaller compared to the large amount of potential new players.

I'm still training my troops and upgrading my defenses for the time being just to not fall behind my guildmates, but it's clear that I'm not so into the game as I used to be. :(

10. Tex

Tex Commodore

Has Max Plunder been drinking too much grog?

11. /s

Maybe I should have been more explicit in my comparison of PP vs CoC.

We long time players/early adopters are being frozen out of the game we've come to love.

Midoki (appear to) want to allow new players (android players) room to breathe and grow.

We shouldn't be surprised. Were'nt you expecting this?

PP is a commercial operation, to paraphrase K Dot. This dock ain't free.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  12. Stevo the Pirate

Stevo the Pirate Powder Monkey

It's easier to witness the decrease in loot from your defensive log.
    I'm PH8 (max vh/ac) I had ~5.2MM and max. loot on an attack against me was 938k.
    If you applied that ratio to max. storage of 7.5MM (not the same ratio at max but close enough), max. loot possible is ~1.35MM. Pre-update I've seen max. loot up to 1.77MM

Moostache likes this.
  13. Moostache

Moostache Crew

Just FYI it's still possible (although nearly impossible :() to find a PH6 with over 600K of one or both resource(s) (Definitely not comparable to those millionaires we used to see very often though). Evidence:

[​IMG]

14. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

Hugely disappointed with this new looting system!!!!

15. Ian

Ian Commodore

I concur with Daddy P, just as an observation I have significantly dropped in resources taken. Pre-update I was regularly taking between 500-1000 either/both gold/grog at around. 200 - 300 pr. But an now having to be content with 200+ (300+ is considered a bonus). Obviously disappointed, but will keep playing (all be it a little slower) as regardless of howI feel, everyone is in the same boat..

Moostache likes this.
  16. Strike

Strike Crew

To get your walls from 10 to 11 costs 180 million in gold. If you get(if youre lucky) 200K from an attack(after the cost of the troops) it will take 900 attacks to get that gold...and that is IF you don't get attacked in the meanwhile he he he he.....that is 10 attacks/day in 90 days LOL. Good luck on that for all that who don't want real serious farming in this game
    The loot has gone down alot and the bases has gotten tougher...but maybe i should just stop whining myself and just accept that i won't get lvl 12 walls when they come out:p
    Ps i can't even get loot to upgrade my troops nowdays....

Bl00dBaTh, Kakashi and Moostache like this.
  17. Moostache

Moostache Crew

Agreed, not to mention that 90% of my walls are still at Lvl9 (since I didn't gem my troops to farm at all before this update). At this point if I were still going to farm for my walls, I estimate it'll take me 4~5 months :eek:

I still remember doing 18 attacks each day with brutes and gunners only (every 45 minutes in tavern) when I was a PH7 farming for bone walls. I always moved on to the next island until I ran into someone with at least 700K gold so that I could keep an average of one wall post per raid. Clearly not possible anymore now. I thought PC3 would have further improved my farming efficiency until this update dropped. :(

Daddy P likes this.
  18. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

I was actually excited when the new patch came out. My walls were going up at an ok rate. Then the patch. Now I am debating how much time I am gonna put in to this

19. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Atm farming is definitely not all that fun. I used to watch the clock for recruiting completion and hop on at work and fight a battle and be on a total of 5 minutes at a time. Now it takes 10-15 minutes just to find a decent base to attack. With the increased time commitment, I can no longer do that at work, so I will be on quite a bit less. At this point, I have about decided to park the tractor and just rank push awhile until new patches are released. Midoki has been good about listening to the comments on this forum and responding. They did not listen to our warnings about messing with loot, but I still have hope they see what happens when they do mess with it, and back the train up a bit.

Moostache and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  20. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

You actually bring up a really good point, a lot of people can take a 5min break to get a raid in, now with the "next" "next" "next" it won't be possible to get a good attack done, I usually got a base within 5 skips, now it's at least 20 & I just settle for a 250k of each resource base.
    Please Madoki, add a loot bonus of at least 100k for hitting within our range. I totally agree with putting a stop to hitting the small PH's, but something has to be done, as soon as I updated the change was so apparent, huge difference to loot. I really don't want to see the joy sucked out of this game, like what happened in Clash.
    Because this game was so enjoyable, I don't want to see it go the way of Clash.