New Rumble format (3.4.0)

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Dec 3, 2018.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy all!

As I'm sure you're aware, with our new update we're switching from 5 guild Rumbles to 2 guild. This will hopefully improve matchmaking across the board, and allow guilds to get more relevant rewards for their victories. I'm sure you'll let us know if you feel that anything is remiss! ;) (Genuinely, we'll be awaiting your feedback!).

There will be a short transition period - once the update goes live, guilds won't be able to start Rumbles. This is to allow the guilds currently in an old format Rumble to finish, after which, the new Rumble system will go live.

Gullivars Rogue and Sea Patriot like this.
  2. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Standing by for new rumble format! Can hardly wait, sounds really good.

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

It should be an improvement for all guilds, with more accurate matchmaking (small guilds should no longer get shoved in a match with behemoths, big guilds will no longer have their Rumble Reward dragged down by smaller/lower level guilds, etc). Of course, we'll be keeping an eye on it, as although it's been tested internally, it's not quite the same as letting it loose on thousands of guilds of wildly different compositions!

Intimidator and Sea Patriot like this.
  4. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Just curious if we know an eta when the new rumbles will be available? I’m sure many guilds are itching to try them out:)

5. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

If I was a betting woman, I would bet 24 hours from when the maintenance happened and the update dropped. Since that’s the point when rumbles couldn’t be started anymore.

6. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I bet you’re right :D

7. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Figured that lol but I was being optimistic if it might be earlier. Good luck everyone!

8. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

On the bright side — matchups should be super fast at the beginning since everyone will be itching to go.

Intimidator likes this.
  9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yep, it'll be some point tomorrow!

10. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Wohow!!! 2 matches in under 1 min :eek:

Gold and grog rewards for 1. are increased very much :)

11. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Wind Raiders (40 members, average about 178k) matched under the new system with Aussie (16 members, about 16k average). Clearly not a great match-up that took no more than an hour to be paired. I think the potential of the new system is great but this one isn’t a fair match-up at all.
    We spend a few gems but not a lot. I think the rewards of this one are okay (15 gems, 1 million grog and gold).
    I’d like to think the high gemming guilds would get more gem rewards but I’m hearing stories of the same 15 gems with 6 million grog and gold. If people are supporting the game makers with more gem spending, they should be rewarded with more gems for their efforts.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  12. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

15 gems?!?!

Wow...it costs 20 just to rehire my tavern. That’s crummy.....can’t believe the rewards went down so much, things are only getting more expensive to upgrade.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  13. NinjaNurse

NinjaNurse Crew

Some would consider the use of gems to re-hire during a rumble anti-competitive as then the rumbles are reduced to who is willing to spend more time and money rather than who is better.

I would never consider doing such a thing.;)

14. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Those 2 rumbles i was talking about, the rewards for 1. are 35 gems and 5M gold and grog.

The other has a 40 gem reward and 6M gold and grog and 1000 BP

Second place reward is 2M gold and grog for the 40 gem reward rumble and only 50?? BP :confused:

Didn‘t get the 2. place always much more then 50 BP? I think that needs a tweaking for the better.

15. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

15 gems is embarrassing:( Omg! However our first match has 35 gems and 5m gold n grog. Not too bad. Also wouldn’t say it’s an even match but gonna be tough for top guild to find that. There’s a huge gap between 150k guilds and ones that easily do 350-500k+

Oak Island likes this.
  16. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Good to hear the gem rewards actually do go up for the high gemming guilds. For us that only spend a few here and there, I’m quite happy with our rewards. Our match-up though is woefully unfair to the guild we’re matched with. How is everyone elses match-ups?

17. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

Anti-competitive

Trust me, I’d love attack limit rumbles — just ask anyone that has listened to me go on and on about them. But for winning a rumble - only 15 gems which basically does nothing, is super lame.

18. Captain Ironfist

Captain Ironfist Powder Monkey

If gems weren’t used in rumbles there would be little point to them at all ;)

I must admit to having hoped that the 35-40 gem rewards would be the new minimums rather then them being lowered from there! :oops:

19. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

I was saying the same thing on another thread, the matchups will be tough for top scoring guilds cuz of that huge gap in points. That being said, that’s how it was most of the time with the old rumble system so no complaints here. I’m super happy with getting 5mil gold n grog for an easy win! Hopefully the smaller guilds are enjoying some wins and extra loot now too!

Cheers!

-Oak

850arrr likes this.
  20. Captain Ironfist

Captain Ironfist Powder Monkey

We took 1hr 15mins to match at Crossbones, rewards 1st 30gems 4mil gold and grog and 800bp. 2nd 1.3mil gold and grog and 400bp.