New Rumble format (3.4.0)

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Dec 3, 2018.

1. Heatmiser4

Heatmiser4 Crew

We love the rewards at Firewater. Grog has long been my biggest issue and I now have several LPs training. I am concerned with some of the rewards I have seen for competitive small guilds. 15gems and 300k gold and grog isn’t really an incentive for anyone over ph 8. The idea was to get more guilds interested in rumbling so Rewards need to be better.

MorganFlint likes this.
  2. Burian

Burian Crew

Hello guys,

Rumble update: today Aranciameccanica is fighting with Thailand, a guild with maximun score of 1136 points!!!!!

One attack for a player and the rumble is won. Please Midoki, let us rumble again. This is a joke.

Byeee

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  3. laaafish

laaafish Crew

@Sea Patriot we have 3 ph12's and 2 ph11's.the other 5 are there to fund perks, (ph10 the other 4 under ph8).
    The perks are a morale killer, especially losing a rumble when pc and tg are down.
    It's the lower level and small guilds that need the grog and gold, we don't stand a chance unless we all join bigger number guilds.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  4. @All I've built my DeLorean...powered by plutonium...i'm warping back to 2014..when mini's ruled for attacks..happy days :)

laaafish likes this.
  5. laaafish

laaafish Crew

A guild of 10 matching a guild of 26, rewards 15 gems 750k. Is it even worth rumbling :D

6. yarrrr.... Lynsey... we still lub what you do...... we are a bunch of grumpy pirates and young....keep up the good work and team @ Plunder HQ..Dplank...just would like a chewbacca to attack my ship :) not sure if George would approve....

Sea Patriot likes this.
  7. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

@Burian Maybe you had a bit of bad luck matching or start time not a lot of top guilds looking for a rumble. The guild I’m in is 50/50. First match up was lame, however the next three rumbles we hit only top rumbling guilds. (Crossbones, POCCNR, and Black Velvet) Good luck!

Sea Patriot likes this.
  8. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I’m completely on board with perks being a morale killer. The only time we enjoy a good rumble is if we catch a big guild sleeping or match with an equally sized or lesser one than us. We’ve began a search to merge with or have a smaller guild merge into ours because of that matter.

9. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

All our rumbles have been pathetic match-ups. Until they forget about guild numbers, ph levels, etc, and match on guild average score as theprimary factor rumble will remain a pointless waste of time.

Heatmiser4 and Cap'n Flyht like this.
  10. Seawitch

Seawitch First Mate

Our last rumble rewards were 15 gems, 300k each grog and gold and 100bp. Not worth the effort.

Taipanfan, Heatmiser4 and Sea Patriot like this.
  11. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Agreed!
    Eliminate guild funded perks, make them individually funded by use of a realistic means, rewards for players who contributed to the rumble and place like a 10 attack limit like someone said before. Or provide an option for the guild leadership for unlimited attacks or limited attacks.

12. Heatmiser4

Heatmiser4 Crew

When 1 v 1 was first announced I heard fears of top guilds only getting hard rumbles when player averages were used to match. Midoki backed off and now we have the opposite for the very top. Boredom through ridiculousness. MMTX matched a dead guild with 2 active players. That should never be able to happen. I am still very happy with the 1 v 1 format as it has been much better for firewater and in the long run I think it will be a good change overall. Tweak away please Midoki! ;)

Taipanfan and Sea Patriot like this.
  13. Seawitch

Seawitch First Mate

14. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

:)

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We are keeping an eye on it - so far the matchmaking is a lot better across the board, but there have been a few oddities in terms of matchups.

The reasoning behind not going straight into the average-based matchmaking was down to the fact that switching from five to two guilds was a massive change, and we wanted to do things scientifically - seeing what happened when just the number of guilds were tweaked, and seeing what happened with the matchmaking (to determine what/if further changes were needed). We're going to be tweaking the matchmaking at some point this week so it doesn't expand the parameters quite so quickly, and determine where to go from there.

16. Dear Lynsey...Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ...Mars needs us more..please tweak the system...ET will dial home and Chewbacca will do some super dance moves....and I will sing a song an that I will walk 500miles.

17. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

So have you guys had totally fair matchups every rumble, or are you happy with it because you’ve been able to win every one?

We hit poccnr in our first rumble, had an easy one, hit crossbones, then another easy one. Seems like a lot depends on when the button is being pushed. It’s still early and I’m glad we haven’t had to only play the hardest guilds every rumble. While some tweaking would be nice, I still don’t like the idea of using only guild score as a means of matching. I do like that we don’t have to wait as long anymore for a matchup.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  18. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

If we were given an option to chose a rumble with gems or without gems would go a long way to solving the problem. At least in 1v1 we (not heavy gemmers) have a better chance of matching with someone similar. I would have thought the high scorers would want to match with high scorers as well for the competition. I can’t see any sense of achievement in beating anyone that doesn’t average close to your own guilds average.

Sea Patriot and Cap'n Flyht like this.
  19. Burian

Burian Crew

Another one "no rumble" for Aranciameccanica. All Rumbles win 5 minutes after the rumble start. This is a great way to push maxed players to leave the game. Nothing to do, never the rumbles now.
    Please Midoki, back soon to 5 vs 5 rumble system if you want that players use the gems in rumble.

Bye

20. We are on our 4th 1v1 rumble and are currently matched with a top 5 guild. In fact all 4 have been against top top guilds.
    It’s nice to have a decent second place consolation prize but looking at all our competitors average scores we are absolutely no match what so ever we don’t even make half of some of their average scores as our personal best!
    How is this fair, encouraging?
    Agreed that constant ‘hard’ pushing rumbles can be tough and we all want easier ones in the mix (we are pirates) But isn’t it about the way we play? If we are guilds that push hard then isn’t it reasonable to be matched against similar?
    There are places in the top 100 for all the different styles and approaches of rumbling. We are a top 100 guild but why does that mean we can never get a fair match?
    It’s no fun for the top top guilds to be matched with ‘easy’ guilds, it’s not fair always being the underdog.
    There has to be a better balance.