Overreliance on grog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Williams, Oct 2, 2014.

1. I know you guys are busy fixing bugs and solving issues currently, but this is just a food for thought, not a negative comment or anything like that.
    Is it possible to let gold play a more important part in the game than it currently has?
    I mean a lot of buildings, troops use grog for upgrading, gold is for defense and stuff, but the upgrades requiring grog are a lot more than gold.
    If its possible, hope that upgrading the ship, the lighthouse uses gold instead of grog, but thats just an idea.
    Thanks for reading.

2. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Grog tastes good. ;)

3. Haha, i hope so, never tried any before.
    But seriously, grog plays a very crucial, or mayb too crucial a role in the game.

4. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Naw. I am fine with its role.
    It is balanced to me.

5. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Not really sure what you mean here. Currently if you look through the market 14 items need gold and 6 need grog as the main resource. When you add the grog requirement for pirate recruitment, it evens itself out. You also need gold to search for fights.

The upgrade costs should also scale proportionally.

6. I see what you mean there, but all pirate upgrades need grog for upgrading, therefore more grog is needed

7. Chaos5715

Chaos5715 First Mate

I agree, the game uses a lot more grog than gold. Many of the structures use grog, tavern hiring, but mainly troop training takes a ton of grog. I think I've spent like 4 times more grog than gold in the game so far. When attacking, I only look at how much grog they have, because my gold stores r almost always full.

Maybe if voodoo training took gold instead of grog it might balance it out a bit.

John Williams likes this.
  8. Admin [Midoki]

Fair point

John Williams likes this.
  9. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Or maybe you mainly farm grog? Replace your mindset of gold with grog.

10. Thanks for spending time to listen, i got this Info from clan mates who are active players

11. Admin [Midoki]

Guild mates? ;)

12. Chaos5715

Chaos5715 First Mate

? Not sure what u mean.

13. I also target people with more grog than gold, to cover troop costs and for upgrades.

14. Sorry, i meant guild mates, haha

15. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

You obviously like gold more then grog. Just go after grog like you go after gold.

16. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

It is all fine.
    I mess up once in a while too.

17. Chaos5715

Chaos5715 First Mate

I'm still confused. Didn't John Williams and I both just say we go after grog more than gold?

Fakebeard the Ba likes this.
  18. To find targets with more grog than gold is easier said than done these days, i always aim for people with balanced amount of resources, like mayb 100k gold, 200k grog.
    Sometimes, 20kgold, 100k grog

19. Yeah we did, Chaos

20. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Oops. Did not notice that.
    Sorry for wasting your time.