Overreliance on grog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Williams, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Believe me...we try.
    I just have such a wandering brain...

Captain Didwell likes this.
  2. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

I Actually Always End Up Woth More Grog Then Gold

3. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

I like that. ,

How I wish to join this conversation.:(

Or, is there any way to just convert the grog to gold or gold to grog?. :D. or maybe sorry.

4. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

5. zag

zag Crew

I'm beginning to think this issue is intentional and by design.

Where the grog issue comes into play is in troop upgrades. While we can upgrade every troop to max we can't do every troop available (at a PH level), to max, without maxing out gold, repeatedly.
    So while you can upgrade it all, you also can't. You have to make some choices.

The Obsessive Compulsive in me may have to just suck it up.

6. Chaos5715

Chaos5715 First Mate

OCD... I feel ur pain :| lol. Seeing people's unsymmetrical islands drives me crazy. I must destroy them all 3:).

7. zag

zag Crew

One issue, that is tiny but adds up, is that canceling troops in the tavern only gives back half value in grog. So if you "overclick", you're really punished for it.

8. Just don't overclick. And troops aren't that expensive ;)

9. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Crew

You are absolutely right! Now that I'm part way through PH5 I am having to start PH6 before I am anywhere near finished with grog upgrades, to avoid getting into a situation where I have nothing to spend gold on. Lv5 walls add only up to 3m gold, and the PH5 upgrades to the juggernaut ALONE run 4.5m grog. The imbalance is so severe that it must be intentional. So I guess we're really only supposed to be raiding for grog and gold is only a byproduct?

10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Once I realized this i immediately stopped working towards grog updates and started focusing on saving for PH5

11. More likely the imbalance is to make you buy gems :). That's the ultimate goal of these games? Gotta make money!

12. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Crew

The upside of this to gameplay is that you'll see more varied attacks. Since not everyone will have max troops all the time, different folks will have to favor different armies. This should make defense more interesting.

The downside is that if you bet wrong...upgrade the wrong troops leaving important ones to languish...you will have a slog to save up for the more important troops once you figure out what those are. So, all the more important for us to be sharing attack strategies here then, eh?

13. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

Call me when you get to the part where you need 700k gold per wall...

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Crazy...what's your mining rate at that point?

15. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

Pirates don't mine! We Plunder!

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

None of my pirates mine, only the children work the mines

17. Chaos5715

Chaos5715 First Mate

No mines, just sweat shops.

18. Mister Owl

Mister Owl Powder Monkey

LOL, that made me laugh, well played mate!

19. Always nice to have a friend willing to take care of your COC.

John Williams likes this.
  20. Chaos5715

Chaos5715 First Mate

COC and PP...... Such naughty games :confused:.

Gangrene Beard likes this.