PH10 Update Release Note: What's your thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LYM, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Oh, monsters no longer disappear on the other map while your ship is sailing.

Also noticed the reappearance of the lvl 1 Merchant Ship.

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

If you've already started the upgrade prior to the maintenance today, your BP is safe, we won't be retroactively ransacking your stash!

3. Lnds500

Lnds500 Powder Monkey

How many BPs do we need?

4. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Woah!! @Bl00dBaTh getting some good luck from PP?
    It must be Christmas or something :D

HornyQuokka likes this.
  5. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

Is phase two going to release the gostly gunners or any other troops to fill the "coming soon

6. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Wait what!? There's now going to be a BP cost for the upgrade? Has the maintenance already happened? Do I need PH 10 before I can upgrade? I need answers!

I was reading and responding to this and I missed my bus stop. I'm not sure where I am. I need help. I think I might be in Narnia.

Cocobean and Tifosa like this.
  7. Groggy

Groggy Powder Monkey

There are several players who had everything maxed out the same morning that the update was released. I saw the post on banning players, but it doesn't look like it's being enforced.

8. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Why would someone get banned for spending money?

HornyQuokka likes this.
  9. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

@Groggy a lot of high level players rush everything with gems. This update, coming right after the Black Friday sale it isn't surprising that a lot have done this.

10. LYM

LYM Captain

11. LYM

LYM Captain

got to say, i like the look of the new academy. looks solid now.

12. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I'll let you know how I feel about it sometime before 2017.

TBaggins likes this.
  13. Raider

Raider Powder Monkey

So theirs a bp cost on the academy now??

14. awbo

awbo Captain

45K.

15. Groggy

Groggy Powder Monkey

You do have a point, though it assumes that a player would spend hundreds of dollars (and/or however many yuan the gems cost in China) in real money to have everything immediately.
    I don't believe that many players would do so - especially given how many you can see with every item upgraded to the limit. In app purchases can be cheated/stolen by those with knowhow and... "moral flexibility."
    It must not be a big enough issue for the developers to fix, yet (though it is possible to do so).

16. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

The 1% of China is over 10 million people. Let's say 1% of those are spoiled single children with their parents blessed plastic...100,000. Of those let 1% play PP...1000. So my back of the napkin math says there enough that can easily max everything. And there are a lot of other rich children and adults in the rest of the world.

Edit: 30k gems would set you back only $200. Which, when you think about it is quite cheap.

• + Heavy Gunner hp
    • - Jugg damage

• [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    LYM likes this.
  17. Tinto
    • + Gunner damage
    • - Gunner hp

• [​IMG]

18. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I did 111, and I didn't get anything near as good as that. All I pulled with the best chest I got was 125 gems, and some rare items. And that was at win 90. I thought it was decent, but now I feel like I pulled terrible things. Mine was not that great compared to everyone's whining.

19. typhoon

typhoon Powder Monkey

From my last streak - rewards at 25 and 30:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lnds500 likes this.
  20. Purple Rose

Purple Rose First Mate

Well, I understand that no update will ever be perfect, there are a few things that just don't make sense or seem fair.
    1) silo upgrade only available for PH 10.....Lots of players leveled below have full silos and can't open chests.....so no Christmas outfits for us
    2) many players gemmed PH and were able to get AC9 with a no BP charge.....yet again, lower levels have heaps to try to collect to get it
    3) apparently some were able to upgrade voodoo hut at ph9 while others it wasn't available til ph10
    4) it states that you need PH10 for legendary mines...not so....at least I got them all and I'm PH9 (although rearm cost at level 2 is ridiculous)
    5) Unfortunately, the update did not spark anything exciting to look forward to and we lost a great member who ended up simply BORED

Although some don't seem right, I will live with it as I do enjoy the game...but I hate seeing nothing (that I know of) being done which brings on more ranting and complaining. I'm not sure if update is tested prior to release but it really should be.

All I can say in the end, at least there are updates, good or bad, as there are many games that don't even bother.

Bl00dBaTh and Darth Yoda like this.