PH10 Update Release Note: What's your thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LYM, Dec 14, 2015.

1. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

I used to be able to destroy the 4* eastern Merchant ship at I13, and suddenly after the update I keep getting lost at Sea's... Same crew. Think it's been 2 brutes, 2/3 juggs, 1 WD, 7 bombers and the rest gunners. PH6 with one academy lvl needing upgrades still.

2. I have noticed that the Suicidal and Dangerous warnings on the Eastern seaboard can't be relied on, as you can load your crew until they go, then add a few more for luck and still lose your ship at sea, especially on a second boat/monster. I now stick to one (plus the croc) per voyage most of the time.

3. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I've had to start loading 4 WD's on every ship as I'm losing 2 WD's in the first battle, with 4 I can hit the Croc, 2 Ships & the Shark without getting a pop up message, I'll still go on a dangerous pop up.

4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

So we now have to spend 45k BP for the Acad? How on earth do MIDOKI think people are going to do that along with LP's?

5. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

Plus possible mystic mortar upgrades in next update.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  6. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

By hunting down big and bigger fish and collecting chests like any normal pirate. Or buy the gem packs that come with BP. But most serious players already know this. By the way, I heard that trolls make the best bait for catching the big and bigger fish. :D

7. Lnds500

Lnds500 Powder Monkey

I defeated the Bigger Fish near Paradise Isle, at the edge of the map... got 25 BPs....

I need 20.000 more before I can upgrade the academy.

It's a complete joke how random these rewards are. You'd think stronger enemies would equal to better rewards but no...

8. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

On a typical day I will get about a 1000 BP from fishing, errands, and advertising. More on rumble days. (I don't do chests.) This seems to me what Midoki was aiming for. If you want to speed things up there are always gems...again what Midoki was aiming for. Completing endgame content in a week is not what Midoki was aiming for. It is in Midoki's best interest that endgame content takes longer to complete than it takes for the devs to produce new content.

9. Lnds500

Lnds500 Powder Monkey

Having completely unfair distribution of rewards is not an acceptable solution. Gemming everything isn't one either. Unless they want to force people who don't use gems out, they have to find a right balance.

My ship's trip is finishing soon. It was aimed at getting BP so I fought Fishes and Sea Serpents which could drop BPs. I got less than 100 BPs all in all (I still have the final monster but I'd be surprised if it actually gave anything worthwhile).

Rewards in general need a complete overhaul. From ship battles and errands to chest rewards and plundering enemy bases.

What's the point 5-star monsters which drop battered chests which in turn give ~50.000 or less of grog/gold when my gold storage is 9.601.500? A drop in the ocean... Rewards like that completely negate travelling.

(Why are battered chests even rewarded on high level monsters?)

What's the point of 25 BPs on 4-5 star monsters? BPs from battling enemy bases has always been unfair to the players, now they are making battling ships unfair as well.

And let's not start talking about how rare most "common" materials are (voodoo masks, squid ink, shark teeth).

I get that it's random and I accept that but rewards should adapt to the player at some point. The way it is now, completely random apparently, breaks the game.

leschueft likes this.
  10. whitney

whitney Crew

It's 40k bp. Just upgraded mine.