ROYAL RUMBLE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -APES-, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

[​IMG]

This is...INSANE! ;)

2. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

All I can say is WOW!

3. Ian

Ian Commodore

"And the winner is....... Midoki!!" ;)

Burnz, Fil, Daddy P and 4 others like this.
  4. Christy

Christy Commodore

Winners with highest BP's deserve plunder packs :)

Ian likes this.
  5. Fil

Fil Captain

Im wondering if some actually thought they could compete at all with under 10,000....smh

Christy likes this.
  6. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

7. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Thank you to PU for pushing us. It was fun and exciting. Neck and neck, back and forth battle right up until it broke. It was an epic fight while it lasted.

8. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Due to a bug / design flaw in the game (YES, YET ANOTHER ONE), this Rumble is DONE. Both PU and LS hit the maximum value of a signed short integer (32767) within minutes of each other and then the number could not be counted any higher. Even individual BP scores cannot be tallied up for the correct number, because they also froze when the guild BP limit was reached.

So the ending to the most epic Rumble of all time? Bitter disappointment for all involved. I was upset that Bad Piggies was not giving us any real competition, but it turns out they were the wise ones in the end. As @Ian said above, the only winner here is Midoki.

Game over man, game over! :(

I hope some epic gem refunds are in order...

The highest individual BP was attained by Apes of Pirates United - 2130 BP. This captain truly earns his stripes and leads his guild strongly. Following VERY closely in second place was Smeitem of Laughing Skulls - 2128 BP. A former guildmate of mine in 3 different guilds, i couldn't be prouder. Third place goes to taoarete of Pirates United at 1971 BP. Worthy of mention is that Pirates United maintained a postion in the Top 6 on the leaderboard by rank during the Rumble, while Laughing Skulls chose to drop rank significantly, falling well below the Top 100. Interesting that these two different strategies stayed so close to each other the entire time.

I myself attained 1254 BP, a new personal record, and have some booting to do of those who haven't been participating, should anyone care to fill one of the slots. ;) While I think we could have done better with more competition from somebody closer to our own level, I am retaining my original opinion on Rumbles since before this experiment - they are useful as background income, grog-supplying matches, and a convenient way to measure daily member battle stats; but are really not a fun way to seriously compete. This is a great example showing the stark contrast between two guilds who gem like there's no tomorrow (PU & LS), a guild that has a small number of members gemming (RR), and two guilds who chose not to gem (BP & LQ). Prior to Rumbles, gems did nothing but accelerate your progress in the game - they could not be used to win over another player. Skill is not needed to win a Rumble, only gems. This is backwards and I am not going to enter any more intentional Rumble competitions such as this one unless Midoki rethinks this to not unfairly favor those who gem.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    Maceone79, Tex, Ian and 5 others like this.
  9. I salute you participating guilds, that's really amazing. And here we are trying to beat the number 2 guild with just 4000 BP :D

@Lynsey [Midoki] I just heard you can now start paying the improvement section moderators ;)

Christy and Bear like this.
  10. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

I'm stunned that a 80's style programming error killed the rumble. We were really enjoying the challenge until this. Now it's all for nothing.

11. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Seriously, who uses smallints in this day and age without a darn good reason to?!? There is ZERO performance advantage in doing so on modern computing devices.

roguecylon likes this.
  12. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Half word boundaries from my early assembler days.

13. Enygma

Enygma Powder Monkey

I would like to "piggy" back on what Raptelan said. The majority of PU maintained significant rank and fought WAY above where Skulls chose to fight. Skulls chose to sandbag and pick on the weak worthless trash bases by dropping PR. The majority 90+%, while not all of PU chose to fight in a much higher PR. In the end Midoki won becase they chose to use a small int to hold the cumulative BP score and while they allowed guilds to prey on the weak; I am not sure why they though that would be a big enough number when allowing that behavior. In the end midoki needs to rethink rumbles and not allow guilds to sit there and pick off lower PR bases while getting full BP. If you are fighting way below your means you shouldn't get more than 1 BP for that fight. In the end fully maxed troops and guild perks were never intended to lowly bases.

Cha-Chi Bones and Oak Doak like this.
  14. Oak Doak

Oak Doak Crew

Well done to all that took part in a great battle for the Royal Rumble Champion. But as everyone knows Midoki once again bent us over and f***ed us. Great job by them. Now I demand a refund of the gems. I suggest everyone does the same. Rumbles are a joke and the game has too many bugs. I don't expect to hear from @Chris [Midoki] or @Lynsey [Midoki] but it would be nice to hear what they have to say. What's the point in rumbles if they don't work?

Well done to PIRATES UNITED, Laughing Skulls and Rapts Renagades. Great pushing by all
    Piggies were a let down.

Cha-Chi Bones likes this.
  15. I want to pay my respects to Laughing Skulls. You guys were putting up a great fight. While I think we would have pulled it out in the end ;), I have all the respect in the world for how much you guys wanted it, too.

I normally do not gem--only had bought the $10 pack long ago for a fourth builder--but bought gems just in anticipation of this Royal Rumble. It is unbelievably frustrating to find that my purchase, the purchases others may have made, and all of the fabulous effort is for naught. I don't want to make any rash decisions about my future in the game, but the fact that the issue is caused by what Rapt and Roguecyclone says is an elementary and unnecessary coding decision is ... hmmm ... unacceptable? No. Not strong enough. Disappointing? No. Not right either. Horrific? Yes. Because it scares me to think what other kinds of coding decision Midoki is making which those of us who really want to play will run into.

I'm not sure that there is anything Midoki can do to assuage the hard feelings PU, LS, and others may have. A refund is the least that we should expect.

16. It was a great time donating lol. Donations were every 10 seconds it seemed like in L.S.

17. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@ Enygma. Some of our guys dropped rank to raid, but we were not the only guild. I have said many times on this forum, rank means very little to our guild. So we don't concern ourselves with maintaining rank to achieve certain status or to allow us to make self-proclamations. As we all know, it helps in recruitment to be on the leader board, but beyond that high rank has little value to us. We rarely recruit (unlike some guilds), as our members seem to stick around.

Pirates United is a great guild with many quality sub-guilds, that together make a formidable opponent. We did what we needed to win. I am proud of our guild and how we did as a team. I agree, would've been nice to see who won this David and Goliath battle...but the world may never know.

Much respect to Pirates United, all the participating teams and Apes for this rumble. As I said earlier, it was great fun while it lasted.

Tex and Raptelan like this.
  18. Smeitem

Smeitem Powder Monkey

The rumble is mostly about grog management. You have to pick the sweet spot where you can find PH8 bases to maximize BP but also where they have grog to keep funding your next attacks. Efficiency of troop deployment is crucial, but also when you are in a serious rumble, exhaustion kicks in. So for me, I did overkill on the troops because I was too tired to pick them efficiently. That way I always (hopefully) get 3 star on PH 8 bases with enough grog to fund the next attack.

Congrats to all in the Royal Rumble. I'm exhausted.

Christy likes this.
  19. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Are you kidding me! What a joke. This game is officially dead as far as I'm concerned. This Donkey is headin out to pasture. Get your shit together Midoki. Smh

Oak Doak likes this.
  20. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

I learned one thing from the rumble: Pirates United is a class guild and led by example. I expected HolyTrinity to provide maximum effort, I've encountered that player many times before and have great respect. I myself focused on seeking out many of the rumbling players. I think I gave a pretty good account on the most part, a few snafus and silly mistakes while distracted.
    Apes put on an awesome display of leadership, and folks like PTO, Blackjack and Dominate punished us at any chance. Well played. It's possible a tie was the best result for all of us, as losing this would have been painful, as evidenced by some of the comments. Congrats again to all at PU, you were brilliant!