ROYAL RUMBLE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -APES-, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Enygma

Enygma Powder Monkey

smeitem I really don't want to hear trash about "grog" management. You and the majority of your guild lost over half your battles. I'll defer to midoki for the true stats but I will suffice to say I saw so many players way below 300 PR. Frankly your guild chose to exploit mechanics that allowed you to gain BP by picking on lower level bases. I would say Midoki needs to rethink rumbles and allowing players to gain significant BP while attacking lower bases. I'll close with PU is still in the top ten and Skulls are WAY lower than that. In a real PVP head to head your guild won't hold a candle to PU given the way you chose to attack.

Cha-Chi Bones, Papabiz and War Koala like this.
  2. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Powder Monkey

Why are people acting like sore losers when no one lost?

MorganFlint and Tex like this.
  3. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Omfg. Really man? So are you saying that in your elitist view you guys won because you somehow have more dignity in th way you rumble? Get over yourself.

MorganFlint, Burnz and Tex like this.
  4. Gnommentary

Gnommentary Powder Monkey

Enigma,

I can tell you are upset and you are entitled to your feelings. However, to say we're were exploiting mechanics is just wrong. And to think we could attacked lower level bases and get the BP we accrued shows you are misinformed. Anyway, good showing PU! That was the most fun I had in PP in a long
    time.

Cheers!

Raptelan likes this.
  5. Enygma

Enygma Powder Monkey

I'll restate it again midoki. No one envisioned Rumbles to be farming sessions. There was no PVP in farming, er I mean grog management. Midoki fix rumbles and let's rematch Skulls.

Raptelan likes this.
  6. Hard Rooster

Hard Rooster Powder Monkey

Don't expect a reply from Midoki until Monday, they don't have anyone on the wall on weekends.

roguecylon likes this.
  7. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

First off--Rouge it's like you were my stalker, if I got off for one second you were there lol. There are a ton of us in PU tired, upset-but the true anger is at Midoki, no one else. So please give some grace to some very tired, very competitive players.

That being said- SERIOUSLY MIDOKI? Contacting them does no good, even though refunding gems does nothing to their income, they refuse to do it. So I will have to contact the mothership (again) to hit them where it hurts-their checks from Apple and I encourage anyone who bought gems to do the same. Get your real money back.

Taking the weekend off once to cool down, LS great rumble. PU - all my love.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  8. Resarf

Resarf Captain

That is very poor, Midoki need to refund every gem spent in that rumble.

Oak Doak and Raptelan like this.
  9. Fil

Fil Captain

So LS dropped rank? (btw i have no qualms with it, think its a formidable strategy)

I thought I read somewhere here that BP farming at low PR was dead and not a plausible way to win a rumble....guess that was proven wrong again, shocker.

MorganFlint likes this.
  10. Bear

Bear Commodore

From what I've read LS just dropped to the 300s. There are no 31bp bases there. But plenty of 20bp bases if you 3*.

Below 300 max bp drops to like 16 and keeps getting lower.

11. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Not worth being upset at LS about it, it was good strategy and I applaud their cleverness in using it. I instead blame Midoki for introducing a competitive feature that clearly favors rank dropping...it's the system that's broken not the players.

12. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

There is penalty for picking on lower PH bases but not for picking on weaker PH8 bases...

13. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Plenty of rumble rivals were below 100. I dropped to the 300's but ended up so bored with the mind-numbing farming I started hunting rivals forsome challenge again...

14. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Bear is correct. You still focus on maxed PH8 to get the bp, but instead of the 26-31bp you'd normally get, you get 16-21bp. The only difference is you can lower the amount of HGs on some of these bases. Saved me a few gems when I did drop some rank, I only carved through ~4000 gems instead of 5000 :D

We can over analyze. I saw many Folks in both guilds alter rank before, during and after. YMMV. I don't think that is the issue. If I wanted to game the system I would have created a couple of PH3 bases and show what you can achieve in a rumble, in the hands of someone with experience. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what the guilds looked like before and after, who was in which guild. It doesn't matter.

The only thing that matters is that all top guilds felt 30-40K BP was easily possible in a rumble. And apparently Midoki did not. This is a rookie coding mistake of the worst offshore type.

15. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Yeah no kidding. Clearly this is the real issue. You guys had better get refunded for this fiasco. I'm frustrated and we were left out. I mean come on, really?
    Anyway, great job guys looked like fun while it lasted. I was so jealous up to the point of this fiasco imploding the rumble. Unbelievable....smh

MorganFlint and Raptelan like this.
  16. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

Big ups to LS and Rapt Renegades, they actually put up the fight we were craving for, not so much the Bad Piggies, they threw out the towel in the 1st round.
    No need to get mad at anybody other than Midoki, they could have made this one the best rumble ever but once again they dropped the ball, even if we get our gems back, they can never give us the time an effort we put on this battle.

17. rhorun

rhorun Crew

I raise my hat to all who took part it was great fun nothing else to say other than well done all

Rhorun PU

18. Fil

Fil Captain

Darn straight.

19. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

HUGE shout out to my badasses in Pirates United X - victory over Black Flag Fleet! Final score 5331-3911! Great job!

20. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Epic rumble! I got so tired after going 12 hours straight, I was dozing off while my pirates finished doing their thing, lol. So I took a break and when I woke from my nap and saw that we were tied, my adrenaline kicked in and I was ready to go again...and then I checked the chat and saw what had happened. While I was grateful about being able to go back to sleep, it was indeed a let down not to see it through.
    As far as strategy, to each their own. All were in it to win and it was awesome. Kudos to PU and LS! Rock on! Cheers.

Fil, Raptelan, roguecylon and 2 others like this.