ROYAL RUMBLE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -APES-, Jun 10, 2015.

1. hidyhorum

hidyhorum Crew

You guys all agree that midoki needs to fix things up top. I don't think name calling is necessary nor will help Midoki solve problems.

Wouldn't you agree?

And kudos to everyone who participated with enough forces to break the game.

Raptelan likes this.
  2. Ian

Ian Commodore

In all fairness, given the average rumble wins with only a few thousand BP and the previous record was only 14k BP. I don't even think that Midoki (let alone anyone else) would have envisaged that any rumble could/would have exceeded 32k BP in under 24hrs. But now they know now and hopefully this to will be resolved in the near future, but it takes nothing away from either guild.. Well done.

3. Oak Doak

Oak Doak Crew

Yes 32K+ BP is an amazing score but we wanted a winner but I'm more proud than Angry now. Well Done to All the guilds that took part.

Maceone79, Raptelan and Ian like this.
  4. Burnz

Burnz Captain

On the bright side, now we know there is a cap and can plan accordingly to see who can reach the cap first. That way you don't have to play for 24 hours to make sure you get the win and it will save everyone some money. Well, that is if there is ever another rumble like this one.

5. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

So the real question is did both guilds get the rumble reward for first place?

6. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Not really. We have scored 14K on autopilot when we had no challenge and the rumble was decided in the first half hour. We knew in our guild that if challenged we would be exceeding 50k flat out. Spongee himself can easily do 1K in four hours. I'm aware that a few other guilds felt the same. This was not an intentioned limit, it was a rookie programming mistake. Anyone claiming otherwise is only fooling themselves.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Oak Doak and PTO Plunderer like this.
  7. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

8. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Until Rogue gets back on and corrects his typo, my pace was 1k in 5 hours, and that has been my casual pace in prior rumbles.

I told a few people beforehand I expected we would need 30k in this rumble to beat PU, and expected our guild could achieve it. Obviously, I was way off in that estimate. Based on the pace of some of our members in past rumbles for brief periods of time, I thought 40k would be max any guild could currently achieve (Rogue and I had differing opinions on what could be achievable in an all out rumble). In the future, once the money players start teaming up with other money players, I thought maybe a guild could achieve 50k. Little did I know Laughing Skulls and Pirates United was on the way to passing the 50k mark this rumble. Until both guilds came to an abrupt stop when hitting the 32,767 BP numerical wall with 9 hours remaining in the rumble.

And to answer Blackbeard's question. Laughing Skulls did receive first place rewards. I cannot speak as to what was received by PU.

Oak Doak and Fil like this.
  9. I don't know about the other Piggies, but this Piggie was at work when the rumble started (mid-lunch). When I finally had time to Rumble near the end of the work day it was apparent that PU and LS were in a contest to see who could spend the most gems. Too rich for my blood. I enjoyed watching from the sidelines and did my normal amount of plundering for a few hours. But went ahead and left my shield on overnight since I could not go more than 20 minutes offline without a shield before getting attacked. Hat's off to the victors, and yes, I mean Midoki.

James Munro likes this.
  10. PU got the second place rumble rewards, FWIW. I was asleep when they hit the cap, but Rapt said that LS hit it minutes before PU, which explains why LS got the first place rewards.

I know that tempers were high earlier in this thread, but it was never intended to be directed at any of the other players. It was the lack of an opportunity to see who won that was the really bad part. The battle itself was a ton of fun.

Thanks again to LS for really pushing PU. Thanks to Rapt for the countdown timer and tracking the results. And thanks to my guildmates, for helping to break the game in record time.

11. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

YES - I have really close friends that are iPhone game developers--this was just a stupid lazy mistake and I truly believe they can only begin to make this right is to fully refund all gems spent to both teams. They can't refund my time or energy--but right now that would at least be a start. Had either team known about the limit - that would be fine, but no one knew the story until our eyes were basically being propped open by toothpicks. I wouldn't have busted my ass for my highest BP ever to tie. That's stupid. No offense to LS---but I was pushing to kick butt, not tie.

And to the comment about the knowledge of the cap being the bright side? No. Not even a little.

Also--I get that it was crazy, but in the heat of the moment last night, adrenaline pumping, it was awesome. But to those telling anyone from PU or LS how we should feel, or that it isn't a big dea, or chastising us for spending money/gemsl-until your guild is in that position, I don't want to hear it.

roguecylon, Oak Doak, Fang and 3 others like this.
  12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

The morning after....

Much respect to the entire PU crew for giving Skulls an amazing battle. Unbelievable the commitment given by the teams. An observer could not possibly fathom the effort both crews put into this battle. Members of both guilds were raiding for stretches 8-9+ hours straight. Sleeping for 1-2 hours or not sleeping at all. Calling in sick to work. Paying family members to leave the house so they may raid uninterrupted. Sacrifices and extraordinary efforts made by both teams to constantly keep the battle close. PU was up by a 1000 BP early in the battle. Skulls fought back and pulled ahead by a few hundred. PU pushed hard and passed Skulls. The battle was within 500 almost the entire time. Skulls just happened to be ahead when we hit the max cap. A few hours earlier PU would've been ahead when the cap was hit. If the cap was 42,767 instead of 31,767, PU may have hit the cap first. The members of both teams were determined to keep the battle constantly within grasp, but never possessing enough advantage to deliver the knock out blow to put the other team away. I believe this battle would've been back and forth, even if it had lasted for days. The members of Skulls have a new, increased level of respect for the entire PU team as one of the most, if not THE, most formidable guild in PP.

There were a few barbs traded back and forth, both before and after the rumble. That is all part of the fun of these competitions. Try to make it personal to increase motivation. Then venting frustration afterwards, especially considering how it ended. With no clear winner and both teams putting so much into the battle.

I would've liked the battle to have been a true rivalry type of battle between two teams that hate each other, far more fun that way. The reality is I like PU. I spent several days visiting with them and wanted to join their team with one of my alt accounts. It was determined that since Skulls would always be my first priority, I may not be able to make the commitment required to be a member of the PU team. So we parted ways. During my visit with PU I found the mindset of their guild to be just like my own Skulls team. A laid-back, cool group of people that like to mind their own business, but ready to step up to any challenge presented. PU was not the evil empire that has been portrayed by some uniformed individuals. If our guilds weren't rivals, we would probably be great alliance mates.

As for their leader Apes...Great guy! He has assembled an amazing group of people in his powerful PU alliance of guilds.

Thank you again PU for giving Skulls an amazing battle. Nothing but utmost respect for the entire PU team.

13. Oak Doak

Oak Doak Crew

@Spongee
    Thank you for the Kind words.
    I've calmed down a bit now and think it was a great battle and would've went right down to the wire. We at Pirates United are proud of our teams effort and I know Laughing Skulls feel the same. Thank you for pushing us throughout the whole rumble it was a great test. We look forward to doing battle again but only when midoki fix the flaws until then Good luck to all at Laughing Skulls from all at Pirates United.

Maceone79 and Raptelan like this.
  14. Enygma

Enygma Powder Monkey

The morning after...

After I had a chance to spend the day with the family and relax, I've now gathered myself and thoughts and am able to form a normal thought pattern, especially after spending the majority of the day helping push PU to keep a break neck pace with LS. To all of the LS folks that I offended yesterday; my apologies, I acted like a troll towards your guild and did not uphold the standards that PU expects of its members and of its leaders. I was angry at Midoki and lashed out at your guild. I know from spending time with Spongee that your guild, I am certain is a great bunch of people. Like Spongee said your guild did what it took to try and win. PU pushed our members and worked together to rack up as much BP as we could. Given that both PU and LS are top notch guilds in my book. As for the tit-tat back and forth experienced in the forum, its guild pride and a little bit of chest thumping to show everyone in PP that we feel our guild is the best. As Oak has stated, I think that a rematch is inevitable but only once Midoki fixes Rumbles. Once again, thanks for having PU and pushing our guild and helping strengthen the camaraderie for all of us.

15. hidyhorum

hidyhorum Crew

So.... just a thought. Any of you open an in game trouble ticket? ;)

16. Oak Doak

Oak Doak Crew

Lol. :) Yeah just a few

17. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Hello Everyone..... Sorry I did not get a chance to post earlier but after logging some serious time in at the Royal Rumble I had obligations over the weekend.

First off I would like to thank all the parties involved in Fridays tournament. It was nice to see the Plunder Pirates community rally the cause of having some of the top guilds get there grove on. I'm sorry to the guilds who didn't have the luck of the draw.

Second I would like to thank Spongee and the Laughing Skulls for providing such fierce competition..... You truly do have a great group who like to compete and I defiantly salute you all for this. Much respect.

Third I would like to thank Rap in his efforts help structure the Rumble with his data tracking and count down timer...... Nice touch Rap.

In closing I would just like to remind everyone involved that this is a game...... A very competitive game with passionate people who don't like to lose and things do get said in the heat of battle. After a day goes by the edge comes off and everyone appreciates things for what they are... COMPETATIVE FUN. The biggest thing for me was the huge amount of disappointment I felt..... that everyone invested so much of themselves only to have the rumble end the way it did was a difficult pill to swallow. I'm sure better days are ahead for this game so here's to a bright future with more Battle Royals to be had!

Warmest Regards
    APES

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    donkeykilla likes this.
  18. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Your the best Spongee! Thanks again for everything.

Oak Doak and roguecylon like this.
  19. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Thanks for the kind words and PU could easily say the exact same on your group.

Cheers
    APES

Oak Doak and roguecylon like this.
  20. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Thats very nice apes but I have to disagree. This is not a competetive game at all. There are maybe a handful of guilds who wanna compete at that level and a bunch of guilds that think what you guys did was silly. Its why rumbles will always be lame even if Midoki gets off their ass' and fixes matchmaking. There's a chance I suppose that they will bring in another version of guild wars that is great but I have to say thats extremely unlikely. The game is dying a really fast deat. Sad but true im afraid.