So no more 6 min training per gem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burnz, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Burnz

Burnz Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] Why was this a necessary change when there are so many other bugs out there? It used to be 4, then 6, now 3 something minutes. I'll admit, I've only put $40 some bucks into this game, but tbh, that seems like a reasonable amount considering as a kid, $45-$65 bought u a game that you could play forever. I don't mind throwing down a nickel or dime (5 or 10 cents) per raid, but now we are talking 20 plus cents per raid and that isn't worth it. Also, this isn't an arcade game where a quarter (25 cents) gets u unlimited play time until you fail. 6 minutes was perfect and I built my raid around it and now it looks like I'll just set the game down between raids, thereby denying Midoki any gem spending. I guess the point of this rant is that the value of gemming a raid isn't worth it anymore and I won't refill my gems once they are depleted.

Nat, awbo, Salty Snack and 3 others like this.
  2. PIRATE-JJAY

PIRATE-JJAY Powder Monkey

+1 for this

Edward Kenway likes this.
  3. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Agree. 6 min was fine. And, quite frankly, probably made Midoki a lot of money.

4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

+1 from me, I know the 6min recruit time wasn't going to last but for gods sake put it back to the original 4min you assholes. Sorry for saying that but it's a complete a-hole move.

5. Tex

Tex Commodore

At 6 minutes I was using gems for every raid.
    Now that they f****d that up I will learn to be patient again!!!!
    You will get fewer gems from me not more.

Isles dT, MorganFlint, Nat and 8 others like this.
  6. Skye

Skye Commodore

+1, I may use up my current gems, but I am not buying any more with the current recruit times, and I hope others follow suit.

Isles dT, Nat, Cocobean and 4 others like this.
  7. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I was just about to buy gems because I gemmed pretty much EVERY SINGLE battle, but now I don't feel its worth it. Midoki @Lynsey [Midoki] Awesome update but please change the 1 gem limit to 6 min instead of 3 like it was before.

8. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Same here, gemmed all the time, why did they have to change it?:oops:

850arrr likes this.
  9. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

+10000000000, agree to all the above!! I like how Midoki says they fixed it, WTF it wasn't a problem to begin with.

10. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

It is not 6 minutes, it is not a ubiquitous gem for every four minutes as I thought it would be, it is not even a gem for every three minutes. It is something very strange.

While I would love six minutes a gem, I can live with four minutes a gem, not sure how much I will buy with a lower ratio.

BUT WHY CAN IT NOT BE A SIMPLE GEM=MINUTES CALCULATION??

So far this is my only gripe with the new update. I will read the other gripes I have not seen yet. Thanks for new stuff and fixes, Midoki. I wish you didn't fix things like this though.

11. Skye

Skye Commodore

If I had to pick between WD being fixed, mortars being fixed, rehire being fixed, or keeping 6 minute per gem recruiting (the four major changes outside of legendaries), I'd probably go with keeping the 6 minutes per gem and let everything else stay buggy forever :c

Fang, Bl00dBaTh and Edward Kenway like this.
  12. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

are the mortars still buggy?

13. Skye

Skye Commodore

Nope! They knock people back again!

14. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I was in the same boat Tex. I know I am complaining about 5-10 cents more per battle, which is a trivial amount tbh, but I have a certain value I place on a dollar and this new price just exceeded the value I placed on this game. So instead of staying logged in and gymming my 6 minute pirates, Ill log off and do something else. Which might be playing a game that was advertised through this game and now will get my money. Haha, who am I kidding, most of the advertised games suck.

Me too @Skye

Tex, Bl00dBaTh and 850arrr like this.
  15. Burnz

Burnz Captain

lol, you know working out my pirates... It was supposed to be 'gemming'

Bl00dBaTh and Edward Kenway like this.
  16. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

As much as I hate the WD and boy do I hate his AI, I would have to agree with you on the 6min recruit time. It made the game really fun because I could attack more at a reasonable price.

However the WD is now invincible so that's an improvement, er bug.

17. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

They go back and forth on this to make players think they are getting something. Expect more people to complain and then Midoki will reintroduce along with a "limited" period gem discount, expecting players to be so happy with the change back, that they buy more gems.

I stopped playing, and I know a lot of my gaming friends are avoiding this game. It's a shame, the initial premise was cool, leveraging a great engine.

Enjoy "winning" this one and thanking them profusely :D

SaK, Tex, Bl00dBaTh and 1 other person like this.
  18. Fang

Fang First Mate

I used to gem every raid as well. I will definitely stop doing that now.

Bad move Midoki. Hey, but don't take my word for it. You can compare revenue after the buzz over Legendary Pirates wears off.

MorganFlint, Kelani, Tex and 2 others like this.
  19. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

So true.

20. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Well, they have only changed the time twice that I know of, from 4 to 6 to now 3 something. But, and forgive my reading comprehension fail, but what do you mean by the "winning" comment other than Charlie Sheen drinking tigers blood?