So no more 6 min training per gem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burnz, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Fang

Fang First Mate

I think roguecylon means that this is a pattern that will happen again.

Step 1. Midoki releases a new update ("yay! I am going to play again!")
    Step 2. Midoki increases the cost of recruiting ("was that a bar of soap that just dropped?")
    Step 3. Community raises hell
    Step 4. Midoki milks it for a while ($$$)
    Step 5. Midoki then reduces the cost of recruiting (gotta retain the old-timers and cheapskates and get them spending again...)
    Step 6. Community thanks Midoki profusely ("winning")
    REPEAT

Isles dT, MorganFlint, Fil and 2 others like this.
  2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

lol thats pretty funny xD

Lets hope they will consider the 6min rule again, update is looking awesome otherwise, but the gem and mine prices needs to be fixed. If not the gems, at least the re-arming prices

bucket and Fang like this.
  3. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

This makes me so mad. Especially when I now no longer see runble rivals to battle. Also the mini island issue is not fixed. My guild just got match against a guild full of minis when we have not a single ph below 8. This is rediculous. I may try and take my whole guild to a new game. I am going to post a much more detailed rant about My frustrations later.

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Not that it matters until the WD is fixed. Lol

5. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

Talk about greedy. No more gemming recruitment for me.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  6. rhorun

rhorun Crew

Seems to be 3 mins 10 seconds

The 6 min gem was just about right imo.

bucket, Edward Kenway and 850arrr like this.
  7. Ian

Ian Commodore

Like everyone else here... No more gemming of recruitment time....

bucket, Edward Kenway and 850arrr like this.
  8. Skye

Skye Commodore

I may use up my current gems on small 1 gem batches of gunners here or there, but I'm certainly not buying any more gems until this is changed.

Even if they made it 5 minutes per gem, I'd be happy- I'd understand they want money and that wouldn't be an extreme reduction. But 3 minutes is too much, it just doubled all the costs outright.

850arrr likes this.
  9. Christy

Christy Commodore

Agreed. I don't have all day to just sit and play so when I do have time to play I gem my tavern recruitment all the time to get in my battles. I won't be doing as many attacks now because I can't justify buying all those gems just to play a game. I felt bad enough the way it was before with the 6 minute recruitment. But now it's just too much :(

Isles dT, bucket, Apple and 4 others like this.
  10. Brian Fuchs

Brian Fuchs Powder Monkey

No more gem purchases from this family of 3, either.
    6 min was great.
    I spent a LOT of gems but got a lot of good game play for it. 3:10 is a deal breaker.

It's not as if I'm spending the same number of gems to get half the game play, either. I'm spending zero, but in the time I'm spending waiting, I am discovering there are other really good games out there...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Tex, 850arrr, Tifosa and 2 others like this.
  11. Ian

Ian Commodore

With increased recruit times comes increased farming time and more Pirates spending longer down in the lower ranks. Good for the farmers - not so good for those guilds and/or individuals trying to hold or improve PR rank - unless you have deep pockets

12. Tex

Tex Commodore

@Fang that was funny as hell! And so on point, "was that a bar of soap that just dropped?"
    :mad: Grin and bear it beeches :mad: said Midoki.

Fang, 850arrr and Skye like this.
  13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Big +1 I won't gem any troops with this current setup.

Using the bug, we were able to gem an entire tavern with what...4-8 gems previously, and I did this ALL the time. Why not just make this the full-tavern cost, and save us the headache of doing it 3-4-6 minutes at a time?

850arrr likes this.
  14. I hardly gemmed at 4 minutes. I gemmed daily at 6 minutes. I will be going back to hardly again at 3 minutes 10 seconds. Midoki just added a ton of new items that will generate revenue (clothes, new pirates, upgrades, etc), why screw with something that earned them money and that people like. It will take me forever to upgrade without gemming raids, but the price is too high. Thinking about it, I may not be able to upgrade at all since I will likely get attacked too often to accrue sufficient gold/grog. We have a lost a number of good crew lately due to these types of changes, I suspect we will lose more.

Oink and 850arrr like this.
  15. Christy

Christy Commodore

Hopefully this does not cause even more guilds to resort to using mini accounts. Considering a PH2 can probably recruit an entire tavern with just a few gems :eek:

bucket, Becker Redbeard and 850arrr like this.
  16. Once my current gems are gone I will not be buying more unless price goes down. 10 gems per raid is too much, up to 13-15 depending on troop selections...

850arrr likes this.
  17. Monkey D Luffy

Monkey D Luffy Powder Monkey

Previous Gem Cost vs New Gem Cost
    - , 3:10 1 Gem
    6:00 1 Gem , 6:19 2 Gems
    9:00 2 Gems , 9:29 3 Gems
    12:00 3 Gems , 12:38 4 Gems
    15:00 4 Gems , 15:48 5 Gems
    18:00 5 Gems , 18:57 6 Gems
    21:00 6 Gems , 22:07 7 Gems
    24:00 7 Gems , 25:16 8 Gems
    27:00 8 Gems , 28:26 9 Gems
    30:00 9 Gems , 31:35 10 Gems

Not that significant of a difference, when compared with similar times, you need to spend an extra gem for rushing troops. I'm still spending gems to rush troops for resource by the way. It's just that the timing is not so simple to calculate, and you may need to remember these specific time to "optimize" your gem usage.

Tifosa likes this.
  18. Skye

Skye Commodore

Thats not exactly how it works though. No one was doing their army in one 30 minute batch for 9 gems, they were splitting it up into 5 6-minute batches for 1 gem each, which is a total of 5 gems. If you were smart enough to split it up into batches:
    Previous gem cost | New gem cost
    3:10 1 gem | 3:10 1 gem
    6:00 1 gem | 6:19 2 gems
    9:29 2 gems | 9:29 3 gems
    12:00 2 gems | 12:38 4 gems
    15:48: 3 gems | 15:38 5 gems
    18:00 3 gems | 18:57 6 gems
    22:07 4 gems | 22:07 7 gems
    24:00 4 gems | 25:16 8 gems
    28:16 5 gems | 28:16 9 gems
    30:00 5 gems | 31:35 10 gems
    36:00 6 gems | 36:00 12 gems

As you can see, splitting it up into 6 minute batches, gem costs are approximately doubled at every stage (2n or 2n-1)
    If you didn't split things up, then yeah, its only a gem or two difference. If you did split things up to take advantage of the 6m per gem bracket, you're paying more or less double.

A fairly standard farming army cost me 4-5 gems before. Now it costs me 9-10 gems. Five extra gems per attack compounded across near 1500 attacks to finish all the walls really adds up. 5 gems difference is hueg increase, its a relative increase of 100%, and now we have to pay thousands of extra gems to farm our walls.

Isles dT, bucket, MorganFlint and 7 others like this.
  19. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Perfectly said

Edward Kenway likes this.
  20. kevedge001

kevedge001 Crew

Agree with all comments, 6 mins per gem = awesome. New system = pants.

850arrr, Edward Kenway and Skye like this.