So no more 6 min training per gem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burnz, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Read Skye's post and had to check my previous gem price, my troops got 100% more expensive when gemming!:eek:
    [​IMG]

850arrr likes this.
  2. Seriously, out off all from this update, people are complaining about gems?? Really??? I have a max PH level base and I have never paid 1 cent for it. In terms for getting gems without spending money, midoki is very generous, take a look at clash of clans and compare if you don't believe me.

In all honesty, things that should be getting attention is unbalances with game mechanics, and why on earth we can't 'unhire' legendary pirates...

3. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Reportedly only 6 legends are currently available, but when other 6 become available the Legendary Fort will increase to allow all 12 eventually.

Bear likes this.
  4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Are you kidding? Of course Gems is a big issue, to you maybe it's not an issue since you don't use them, but for everyone that does use them, Midoki has just doubled the amount we need to use. You seriously don't see why we are annoyed? o_O

What really annoys me is the way Midoki don't bother answering thread like this one but will reply to the pointless ones. :(

5. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Every gemming thread gets a "I am better than most people and never gemmed" type of posting.

If that is the case, then please, please, please stop concerning yourself with issues for people that spend gems and ignore our posts.

6. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Midoki won't get involved in this thread because its not a bug, they want us to spend more gems.

That being said, they sure as hell are reading this thread and I can't stress it enough how much fun I was having attacking more under the 6min per gem rule. I'm now in wait mode which means I leave the game and click on less of those dumb advert chests and less time playing the game. And yes I use to click on the adverts while waiting a few mins to finish out a recruit under the 6min rule because I always had a little time left over from gemming. As of now after a battle its hit the quick recruit button and exit for 30plus minutes :mad:

My hope is that Midoki is testing the waters, they started at 4min per gem, went to the higher end at 6min per gem and now went to the low end at 3min per gem. All the while they are tracking how many gems players are sending and such. When they see the data they will choose the option that makes them most money (imo).

bucket, Oink, # Johnny Doe # and 4 others like this.
  7. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Yeah that is probably the case. Atm I am waiting until i get the same gem price as before and then spend it, so I wait for half of my recruitment to be ready, I do not wanna spend the double. Same as you, this equals less activity in the game:( Though I gotta say except for the new gem prices, this update looks very sweet, love the content.

850arrr likes this.
  8. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Indeed the new content is fun and I am having a great time playing as always but it could be even mooooore fun if Midoki wouldn't have messed it up :rolleyes:

9. Becker Redbeard

Indeed, there is no doubt. And that's OK, there are no great games I know of coming out of communist countries.
    But, make no mistake, the profit motive which drives any company explains their actions to date fully.
    With this game, there are certain types of players. Free players are not going to garner much attention, then there are occasional spenders, $40 to 50 in a year, and finally the addicts blowing through hundreds to build the latest updates ASAP.
    The people contributing the most to the bottom line are who they are profiling. The high rollers continue to buy new content or are nearing 10,000 battles, gemming taverns heavily. (We rumbled with an opposing player who garners 1500+ per rumble with expensive armies of 4WDs, HGs etc.) If a critical mass of these players continue spending the game goes on.

It's probably not lost on most who love the game that players are leaving in droves. I'd guess the total income from average players has dropped significantly, so the game design is now focused on milking the addicts. They'll spend gems at 3:10, they don't care about wrong replays (just gem another tav and go at it again). Midoki will adjust if there is a path to success with new players, but until then it explains why certain frustrations remain. I Will Come Back sits at the top of the leaderboard for a majority of the life of the game, replays broken for a year, etc because they've determined it not to be important to the bottom line. New content pays salaries.

Burnz, Tikigirl and 850arrr like this.
  10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Nailed it, that's what I see as well.

Then you have us here that make a lot of noise but are really not the majority of players I presume, we are fanatics and love the game but come second to the mighty dollar that Midoki is chasing (which is fine because that's the point) its just frustrating to be a fan and get kicked in the nuts for it from time to time.

Burnz likes this.
  11. Becker Redbeard

Agreed, but prob better for those who care to just grab a drink, relax, skip that Forum post and either continue playing or quit. Not implementing simple fixes (kill yer crew back from sea) means the attention is too focused on profit and the trend of people quitting will continue. They are quitting for gameplay problems (last WD was a big mistake). We've had Ching Shih before, will 20 upgrade levels make it more fun, or will invincible WDs crushing your island make you give up. We'll find out. :(

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    850arrr likes this.
  12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

In the past, Midoki has always shown interest in keeping the costs reasonable. The game was designed specifically to not be gem-greedy, and in fact, noticing (and appreciating) that as a rarity is why I came here and started posting n the first place.

That viewpoint may be changing, and this latest venture seems like a huge misstep to a great many people, but I still don't think it's being done out of greed.

Skye and 850arrr like this.
  13. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

That could be true and I hope so too. I hope Midoki reads this thread and adjusts gem per min accordingly. However they had to have some reason to change it to a hellish 3mins....it wasn't an accident.

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  14. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

You all give these Brits way to much credit. They do not have any stats for what kind of money they make with old vs new. All they have is a bank account and they add and subtract debits and credits. They can't program for crap with all the bugs they create And they have such lackluster quality control. You honestly think they can even manage an excel spreadsheet and mathematically calculate variances in game play? My instincts say um no!

850arrr and Darth Yoda like this.
  15. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

/drops mic

:D

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah... That was constructive...

17. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

As a Brit thank you for the constructive generalisation!
    (In actual fact I would be honoured to be half as intelligent as the programmers at Midoki obviously are) ;)

18. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Brits make great programmers, I know because I'm a Brit too (just live in U.S.). As for monitoring revenues per update, well Rovio takes care of that ;) QA is poor, customer support is unfortunately poor, but they did still do a great launch for such a small team.

19. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

For the avg player that between family and work has limited time to play, gemming is very important, we got to make the most with the lil time we got, great way to show appreciation to the costumers that keep this game alive.
    At high lvs everything is so expensive, some items cost 5 and 6 mill and is unrealistic to put this amounts of resources together without a gemming session, since as soon as log off you get hit.
    The new material added in this update was good, too bad it got overshadowed by Midoki's greed.

Bl00dBaTh, bucket and Edward Kenway like this.
  20. Fang

Fang First Mate

You could be right.

Looking at it from the perspective of a Midoki developer...

Devs created this great NEW feature "Recruit Again!" It's going to make battles so much easier for our customers. nice!:D

But, it was bugged when combined with Pirate Catcher. "crap!":confused:

To add insult to injury, barely anyone who gems is using it! (because customers are using the 1 gem per 6 min method). "wtf?!":mad:

So the devs come in and fix the bugged "Recruit Again" feature and also fix the 6min "bug" so that everything works like its supposed to.:cool:

Devs call it a day. Problems solved.:)

meanwhile, back in the real world....
    !!!!:mad::confused::eek:o_O:(:mad::eek::(:mad:!!!!

Still, someone should have caught it. so...consider me very skeptical.

Kelani likes this.