The new updates. The hype is taking over! (Official Hype & Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 8, 2014.

1. kiki_mabau

kiki_mabau Crew

Still dont how to use silo, fyuh
    Anyone can explain to me ?

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

There's two tabs - the Materials storage, and the Treasure Chest storage.

Treasure Chests can be earned from quests, exploration, or bought from the market, and are stored in the Silo. You open them to claim your rewards. Gold, Grog, BP and EP go to the usual places, Materials go to Materials storage. Materials can also be obtained from exploration.

You use Materials to train Legendary Pirates (which you can do via the Legendary Fort).

3. killua

killua Powder Monkey

@Lynsey [Midoki] my rumble reward gone is that problem from update or what?

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

If you send an in-game report via Log >Settings >Help >Support, we'll be able to look into it for you.

5. killua

killua Powder Monkey

okey than

6. Bathplug

Bathplug Powder Monkey

So I'm seeing a lot of video ads ? On my island since the update. Can we please have an option to opt out of these notification if we've bought gems? Or for them to nolonger to appear on my island if I choose no thanks 10 times. If anything atleast move them to the map instead. The icon is so distracting and its a bit of a shitty thing to implement for people who have invested money in the game. I won't be buying any more gems again if I continue to see ads.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  7. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I can't download the update? Is it down?

8. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

So not really liking these new pirates, we have to spend Gems to train them. I just bought the big chest for 400 Gems, got enough stuff to upgrade some Pirates maybe once, definitely only once for the Bomber guy I bought, I got 5 Powder Kegs, it cost 3 to get him to lvl 2. This is going to get very costly, Gem wise. I also have to wait 5 days until the trade ship comes back around.

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

You don't have to buy chests to get materials - you can get all of the Materials from Exploration.

Skull King likes this.
  10. Danny Liu

Danny Liu First Mate

To elaborate on what Midoki said, you can specificly get powder legs from defeating the Royal Navy. I have defeated some exploration monsters and gotten a few of a resource each time.

11. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

And what the hell is up with the time reduction in the Tavern? Went from 6min down to 3m 10sec??!!!!! Even below the old time, such a complete joke.

12. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Great so we have to fight useless ships now? I've hit ships a total of 2 times, I avoid them completely at sea.

13. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Noooooo, my normal crew now takes over 30minutes at 14gems when before it was just under 20mins at 10gems, grrrrrr.

Edward Kenway and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  14. Tex

Tex Commodore

Getting rid of the 6 minute gem reduction really pisses me off!
    Combined with the fact that gems are more costly it just sucks now.
    And these Legendary Pirates should be more stronger to start with.
    Sorry. But feels like we're just getting squeezed for more money. :(

15. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Another stupid thing is I can now no longer look through the description & FAQ in the Fort or access my new Pirate as I started to upgrade it & my Pirate, so I'll have to ask here.
    Can I no longer use my new Pirate? Do buying clothes for these new pirates do anything or are they pointless, just changing the look?

16. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

No kidding! The old quicker recruit times and fewer gems had me actually gemming more!

Edward Kenway and Tex like this.
  17. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Totally agree, but what's worse is it didn't even revert back to normal, back to 4min, it's now at 3min 10sec, it's a complete joke. Why on earth take 50 seconds off the original time??:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    This update is just too Gem hungry, but I shouldn't be surprised, every single game that I started out with ended up doing this.

Edward Kenway and 850arrr like this.
  18. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Booooooooo!!!!!!

Edward Kenway and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  19. Resource collectors don't seem to show how much you are collecting anymore. :/

20. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

This happens to me as well, not that this is a problem just something I noticed.