The new updates. The hype is taking over! (Official Hype & Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

haha I like your avatar pic xD

2. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

The last AI tweak really sucked, really really really sucked. However in this new release the WD never gets hit by defenses, its wonderful (for attacking that is). Midoki is saying its a bug soooo it won't last long :(

Edward Kenway likes this.
  3. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

So I can't use my new Pirate at all, I first started to upgrade my new Bomber guy, which left him unusable, I then started to upgrade my Fort, I though when he actually finished upgrading I could use him, but no, I can't access him at all. So stupid. Do I have to wait for days to use him now?

Another annoying thing is my Guild Ship crew are selected now when I start a battle, it used to be Gunners, I've wasted GS crew in two battles now because of this. Why was this changed?

4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yes we can but I'd say what we get in Exploration will be pitiful, probably 1 or 2 things (or none) for every 15 hour sail, it will probably take over 2 years to fully upgrade a few pirates by only using materials gained by sea.

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

If you mean viewing collectors on other bases, this happened in the last update, or the one before.

6. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

no, he means when you tap the grog or gold icon above your collector it use to show how many bottles and coins you are storing, but now the icons disappear and only the storage bars increase.

I also noticed that the animation for the gold and grog collectors no longer show bottles and coins coming out after tapping the collect icon.

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Actually, all that's changed is the number of pirates you can get for 1 gem is cut in half. The total cost to fill your tavern is the same.

So, it's not an increase, per se.

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Aah, neat. I never knew they did that :) And yeah, I miss the collect animation as well. It was fun to hit over and over and see a big loot shower

9. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Not quite, my full recruit use to be 11 gems and now its 14 for whatever reason.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Hmm, that's interesting. Mine was 12 before, and it's still 12. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a slight increase, though.

11. Gary Esslinger

Gary Esslinger Powder Monkey

How can you say for one minute it's not an increase??? If I want to play the game at the same speed I have been it will cost me a significant additional number of gems which in case you hadn't noticed are not free! This is just crap. I have play this game for some time and have spent money on it, this is just a cash grab, I hope many others complain. Bad move guys, bad move.

It went from a 6 minute turn around for 1 gem, down to less than 4, to me that is like over a 25% increase in my cost, why I ask?

12. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

The 6 minutes was a bug.
    It was always 4 and moved to 6 by accident or otherwise.

13. Gary Esslinger

Give me a break, a bug!! And it's not 4 minutes it's 3 minutes and some seconds

14. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Consider it a gift that's been taken away. Much like the current invincible WD, a great gift till the next forced update.

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Because my cost to hire a certain army (All at once) is the same as it was before. So technically, it's not a cost increase. The way i understand it, all that's been removed is our ability to hire some of those troops incrementally, for a discount.

Don't get me wrong, I HATE THIS, AND I WANT MY ABILITY TO HIRE 17 GUNNERS FOR 1 GEM BACK. :D

16. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

lolz... I know exactly what happened, that's what I meant when I said the time was cut. It was originally 4min for 1 Gem, then the "bug" made it 6, but now they cut that in half, doubling my cost. A lot of people use the 1 Gem trick to recruit, Midoki switching it to 3:10 is a complete A-hole move, they could have put it back to 4 but no, they've got cash on the brain now & want to suck us dry like every other game. I knew it was only a matter of time before the Devs started seeing noting but money in each others eyes. This is their worst move ever.

17. Skye

Skye Commodore

I went from using 4-5 gems to fill my army in 6 minute batches to needing 9-10. Double cost is no fun. They could have just made it a flat 6 minutes, or at least 5 minutes.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  18. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Before it was 6, then 9 and 12 right?

19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

It was 4, then I thought they were saying THAT was the bug, because it changed to 6, along with the huge hiring time reductions. Then it changed again :(

20. Gary Esslinger

It wasn't a trick, it was a strategy some of us used, we had to pay for the damn gems, now they want to gouge us!!