The new updates. The hype is taking over! (Official Hype & Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Gary Esslinger

Gary Esslinger Powder Monkey

Not an increase per se??? What you paid by Rovio? It is a damn increase. Not a bug fix just a cash grab by a company that seems to forget who made this game what it is today!

850arrr likes this.
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

My cost to hire a tavern full of troops is no different than it was yesterday. May be a gem or two more expensive for some players, but for me, they only removed a convenience, which unfortunately will result in my spending fewer gems on a daily basis.

3. Skye

Skye Commodore

Its not a gem or two when you're using cheap farming armies.

My go to armies were:

Store Farming: 30 thieves, 20 gunners, 5 brutes (approx 30 minutes) - cost before update was 5 gems split nicely into 6 minute batches, cost after update is now 10 gems. This is doubling the price. This is no longer worth using to farm with. I hit any base over 600k gold, always got all of it and a 1* if I didn't forfeit, and thus was a return on investment of 120k gold per gem - now I get 60k gold per gem this way, and its not viable.

Rumbling: 32 gunners, 6 juggs, 5 brutes - cost before update was 5 gems split nicely into 6 minute batches, cost after update is now 10 gems, this is doubling the price. This would 2-3* most bases very easily for 5 gems and was a fairly low cost way to compete with minis in rumbles. I can no longer do this efficiently.

General farming: 30 gunners, 10 brutes - cost before update was 4-5 gems depending on if I wanted to wait about a minute. I would be able to 1-2* bases with no effort, and take most of the loot. Cost after update: 9 gems. Again the cost is doubled.

Sniping: 16 gunners - 1 gem, would last 2 battles worth of sniping gold collectors or one battle sniping both collectors, and I'd swap this out with one of the other builds when I needed to get rank back up. I would get 630k gold per gem. After the update, I get 8 gunners per gem, which means its a gem every battle instead of every other battle, halving my return.

I am now spending double the gems to get the same return.

Over 525 million gold it takes to max all the walls, before the update I could do this in 833 gems by sniping collectors - this now takes 1666 gems, or approximately $8.3 extra it wouldn't have cost if I had done it all before the update. If I had done the loot by using thieves and getting 1*, which has less return but helps win rumbles a bit, it would have cost me 4375 gems to do it, which I had budgeted for and was planning on using. Now to use that exact same army to farm the same amount of loot, I have to pay twice as many gems, 8750 gems total, costing me an extra $44 approximately.

That is a LOT of money. In reality, its probably going to take me even more than that, since some attacks fail (very rarely), and since I have to take crappy return on bases sometimes to pump rank back up a bit.

This isn't a couple gems, its nearly $50 in gems. I'm using the approximate conversion of 100 gems per dollar per the $5 pack, the cost goes down slightly if you get more expensive packs, but its still a huge difference.

4. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOO I want my 6-gem times BACK!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad::mad::mad:

850arrr and Edward Kenway like this.
  5. Gary Esslinger

Gary Esslinger Powder Monkey

Well put Skye

6. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yep, perfectly said, I know Kelani is still paying the same total gems per raid, but for those of us that used the gem trick the price has doubled as Skye has so eloquently stated.
    Really I know even talking about this here is pointless, as Midoki will simply ignore us & wait until it all blows over.

850arrr likes this.
  7. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Does changing the new Pirates clothes add abilities? I still can't access my Fort so can't read anything.
    I also got an item called Majestic Ruby when I bought a chest, I don't see that item anywhere on the map battles.

8. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I can check

9. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

They are only visual, so no boosts or anything.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  10. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

lolz, who the hell win spend 300 Gems on one & 2.5mil for another just to change their pirates clothes? Haha So silly

850arrr likes this.
  11. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Because its fun and some people like it. I don't really care myself for it but it doesn't mess with the game play in anyway other than steal developer time away from fixing bugs and adjusting the damn gem per min recruit times :confused:

12. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

What pirate did you buy? I bought the Bomber guy & by God he's useless, completely & utterly useless, terrible damage, terribly slow, his special ability is beyond useless, does no damage. So sorry I bought him & spent resources upgrading him. He's just complete crap.

13. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

You must upgrade him. When he is lvl 1 he is like PH3 material, when you upgrade him you will get sick bonuses. For example, on lvl 20 he will increase the damage of all cannon across your island by 11%, same thing goes with the walls but 9%. Now, this is only the Bomber guy, I guess some other legendaries have other perks.

Bear and 850arrr like this.
  14. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

lolz lvl20?!?!? Do you know how long that will take? Months. I bought a chest for 400 Gems & could only upgrade him once haha

850arrr and Edward Kenway like this.
  15. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Gotta train them legends to be worth anything in battles and defense. But yes, from the start they are useless in attacks.

Ian and Edward Kenway like this.
  16. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Something to strive for :)

Edward Kenway likes this.
  17. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

haha omg XD Yea thats true, but at least we have something to do :) And they also mentioned adding even more legendaries in the future. :rolleyes:

18. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I thought these new pirates were going to arrive fully usable, not in 8 months becoming usable. This is also one of the buggiest updates yet, loads of annoying things, my collectors no longer show me how much I get from them when I press the little tag, my GS crew are now preselected instead of my Gunners at the start of battle. There's other things too that I can't think of now.
    But this Bomber guy is just pissing me off because he's so useless.

19. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Ya its frustrating but it allows you to build towards something and I like that aspect.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  20. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Yea I like this concept more. Before with Ching She or whatever her name is and all the other heroes, when we got them they where already ''maxed''. I didn't expect the update to turn out this way, but I gotta say it is more fun :D

850arrr likes this.