No Christmas ships or fish on explore map

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Bear, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Withergy

Withergy Powder Monkey

Still no signs at all of Santa (even in the location that the spoiler and Guild friends says he is in), and still no Festive Fish.
    The Ice ship has appeared a few times, but not seen it for some time now.

2. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I am puzzled, does the re-spawn times differ for different players. I have 100% map explored and re-spawn times are exceeding 24 hours for both. I have devoted 100% of my time to these quests. I have only defeated two Santa Ships and 1 Ice Ship, currently waiting for both to re-spawn. How can someone have found 4 ice ships and 3 Santa Ships already? Another glitch? And still no Festive Fish.

3. qanai

qanai Powder Monkey

I've defeated one Santa ship and four Ice ships. No festive fish so far, either. 75% of the map is explored (everywhere a level 4 ship can go).

4. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Makes me wonder if my Ice Ships are not re-spawning. Puzzling

5. Stagemanager21

Stagemanager21 Powder Monkey

Usually after I complete a battle with the ice or Santa ship, I then do a regular quest and try to uncover something new or battle another ship or fish. At least once a day I make sure to totally reboot the app as well. Totally close it out and then reopen. I don't know if that helps but I have had good luck doing both. Good luck to all those questing!!!

6. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Hmm, I will have to make sure I do this, but I think I do this already due to the chat bug.

7. Christy

Christy Commodore

My son has fish on his :D none for me :(

Captain Hakjka and Luqman like this.
  8. Luqman

Luqman Crew

Maybe the fish likes younger ones more!Lol

9. Floki

Floki Captain

It all sounds a little fishy to me...

10. yeti

yeti Captain

75% explored, no santa ship or festive fish and i have tapped on everything! Nothing on my map in the spoiler spots :(

11. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Wish Admins would get on here and at least let us know the status of a fix, or non-fix.

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The Festive Fish is a known issue which sadly didn't show up during testing due to affecting only a specific sub-set of players. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to be sorted this side of Christmas as it requires quite a substantial and tricky fix - the quests will be around for a fair few weeks yet though.

We can't find any issue with the Santa or Ice Ships - as far as we can tell, people are being thrown a bit because they both have much longer respawn timers than previous and existing events (up to days rather than minutes/few hours max), plus it seems that some people are missing the Santa ship because either they've not uncovered his location on the map yet, or because from a distance it looks like a little barge (we'll have to make his ship more conspiculously fabulous next year!). The testers are still looking into it though, and we're making notes and listening to feedback on how to improve future events.

Again, apologies to all those who are affected, hopefully we should have a fix soon!

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  13. yeti

yeti Captain

Thanks heaps for the update, @Lynsey [Midoki] There have been spoilers about the location of the santa ship, and that spot is already unlocked on my map and remains empty. Not sure if that helps at all.

14. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Thanks Lynsey for the update. I agree, it seems the re-spawn times for Santa and Ice ships are rather long, I was just puzzled why some seem to be getting more frequent re-spawn times. I've found 3 Santa and 2 Ice ships so far, with the one Santa ship being close to the edge of the map.. Think I'll try deleting and re-installing the app, and some other stuff to see if it helps to resolve the elusive Festive Fish issue. Thanks again Lynsey :)

15. Captain Andy Cook

Captain Andy Cook Powder Monkey

At Hallow'een I did not see the Witchy squid or the flying witch. I thought it was just me.

This time around I have defeated the Ice Ship Six times with longer delays between re-spawnings but none of the other Christmas Articles - Festive Fish or Santa's sleigh. I have uncovered 77% of my map.
    My son has had the festive fish a couple of times but not anything else. He has explored 30% of his map.

We both hope that a fix comes soon.

16. Never heard of her ;) There was a flying bat however ;) The witchy squid was only reachable if you had a level 5 ship with most of your map uncovered.
    It's a boat and looks very similar to normal merchant ships. But this one has a red bowtie on it's sail. It's also full of presents.
    Zoom in on your map and check all your ships. It's small!

17. yeti

yeti Captain

I tap every ship daily. None of them are hiding the jolly red man :(

18. Stagemanager21

Stagemanager21 Powder Monkey

Still no festive fish, but have had five ice ships now and finally had the fourth re spawn of the Santa ship. If you would like I will tell you where I found that one, but since I don't know how to do the fancy spoiler thing you click on, I will only post it if those reading really want me to with their blessing. Thanks!

19. Withergy

Withergy Powder Monkey

I personally would appreciate it.

20. I'm one of the folks that is missing the festive fish AND I also seem to be one of the unlucky folks whose fish don't give very much BP (or any at all sometimes hehe).
    I wonder if there is a correlation there... Is the "specific sub-set of players" set up for bad fishing? :(

Christy likes this.