No Christmas ships or fish on explore map

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Bear, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

Update: I finished my 7 hour journey. Then did a 1 minute journey. Swiped out the app. Opened the app and looked. Still no special fish or ships.

2. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

No one in my guild of 50 has spotted a single Festive Fish, and more than a few have 100% cleared the map.

The Santa Ship and Ice Ship seem to have initially appeared for everyone (they are very small, look like other ships and are easy to miss), but to my knowledge did not respawn for anyone.

3. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

I have seen one ice ship, and nothing since. Bit sad.

4. Christy

Christy Commodore

I just found my Santa ship. Heading there next. Look close. I didn't see it until I zoomed in close and clicked on it to read what it was. From far away it looked like a regular ship to me.

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're currently investigating why a few players aren't encountering these events, hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

6. Moscow Cat

Moscow Cat Crew

I've had both the ships - ice ship twice - but no fish. Too bad. I need battle points to upgrade my Academy to lvl6.

7. Withergy

Withergy Powder Monkey

Yep, still nothing new here :-(

8. Mdsmith

Mdsmith Powder Monkey

Same problem here. Ice ship found 2x. Checked all ships and no Santa ship or festive fish.

9. Bat

Bat Powder Monkey

@Lynsey [Midoki] I don't think it is just a few players. Everyone in my guild is having problems finding the festive fish.

Captain Hakjka and yeti like this.
  10. baupi

baupi Powder Monkey

No fish+1

11. Yup, I have taken down two Ice Ships, and nothing else is popping up.. :confused:

12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Map at 100%. There was one Santa and one Ice Ship. No Festive Fish. Destroyed Santa Ship 17 hours ago, no respawn.

13. Fe_C

Fe_C Crew

Does Festive Fish linked to the 1* Giant Crab? That crab never respawn once it's been hit since the game's global launch......

14. Luqman

Luqman Crew

Am I the only one here with the Festive Fish,wow :eek: ,either I am lucky or maybe its just my destiny :p.
    And I'm still at 30% Lol :D:p.It's in I12 on me.So asy to reach.

Captain Harlock likes this.
  15. LadyoftheSea

LadyoftheSea Powder Monkey

Thank you .

16. yeti

yeti Captain

Agree. I've had one ice ship, that's it :(

17. Luqman

Luqman Crew

And I also have an Ice ship on my map.

Just sayin'

18. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We've identified an issue with the Festive Fish and why it's appearing fine for some players and not for others. The team are currently investigating a fix. We can only apologise to those players and thank you for your patience whilst we sort out the misbehaving fish. :(

The Ice Ship and the Santa Ship are behaving as expected - they just have longer respawn timers than other map events.

Tiger Claw and Captain Harlock like this.
  19. Bear

Bear Commodore

Will this fix help me? Since I still haven't had any of the 3.

20. Withergy

Withergy Powder Monkey

Lynsey, thanks for finding the issue with the Festive Fish, I look forward to taking some on, but I have been playing almost 24/7 since the upgrade and have had not a single sign of the Santa Ship either, surely I would have seen one by now (76% explored map)!! I get they may have a longer respawn timer, but surely they should have spawned for the first time by now!?!