No Christmas ships or fish on explore map

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Bear, Dec 17, 2014.

1. i'm at 96%... picked up a couple ice ships and a single santa ship, but still no festive fish. am i missing something?

2. Stagemanager21

Stagemanager21 Powder Monkey

Ok I have had the fourth Santa appear at G-2, I am pretty sure he has been there once before, but since I didn't write it down I can't say 100%. The sixth ice ship is at H-19 and I am also sure it has been there before as well. I hope that helps. Will keep track from now on. I know it helped me a lot with the Halloween quests to learn where to look for them. Good luck fellow quest seekers!!

3. I'm one of the guys who can find the right fish, but i'm in the specific sub-set of players that are a horrible cook ;)

4. Withergy

Withergy Powder Monkey

I have now heard of Santa being at:
    D7
    E2
    F2
    and G2

All of which are clear for me! :-(

Hate to say it, because I love the game, but getting a bit bored of looking now :-(

5. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

For those who feel they are missing out on finding these quests, you are not! The cost to recruit the pirates lost in these battles exceeds the rewards obtained. For those of you that might be mildly OCD about having to complete every quest, don't fret it! Once the holiday update is removed, so are the completed quests. Check your completed quest list for the Halloween quests you completed, no record of them ever being done. For you OCD people, that is almost the same as never having done them in the first place. If there is no record of it, it didn't happen. Glad to bring a little cheer during this holiday season. Now, back to plundering defenseless low level players for their hard earned gold and grog. :)

Captain Monkey likes this.
  6. Stagemanager21

I agree! Love the challenge though. It does cost me 20,000 in gold and 122,600 in grog each time I load the ship! Argh!! I am currently out of grog, so will have to wait until I make enough to reload. Running a shield right now so I can't go get any. Argh! I keep telling myself that patience is a virtue! If only I would listen!! ;)

7. ExistBelief

ExistBelief Powder Monkey

i'm at 100%. But still no festive fish on map. Where can I get that fish?

8. yeti

yeti Captain

Hi @ExistBelief , read Lynsey's post on the previous page of this thread...it's a known issue

9. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I deleted and reinstalled the app. No Santa ships, Ice ships or Festive Fish have appeared since I did. Don't delete and re-install app hoping to remedy the issue :confused:

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

They are working on a fix. Let's see what next week brings. As for now. Let them have a merry Christmas and a happy holidays.

11. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

The ships did finally appear just as they did before I deleted and reinstalled the app. I think deleting and reinstalling only reset the clock on re-spawn time. Still no fish. I am not complaining, I am still very happy with the update. And this minor glitch is just that, a very minor glitch. Next month I won't even remember the festive fish I did not find. :)

12. SaK

SaK First Mate

I think they should concentrate more on making the santa ship or festive ship appear on the map rather than some contest...got nothing yet!false,hope

13. Stagemanager21

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone playing this game!! To those who have and are working tirelessly to create, update and fix glitches....Thank you for a fun little game that helps me pass the time with such fun and joy!! I have had a great time playing and look forward to more fun in the future!! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!! Argh!! ;)

14. Fe_C

Fe_C Crew

Just sharing that I am going to complete "Steal from Santa 1" in 3 hours time, and has defeated the Ice Ship 9x already. I still don't see any Festive Fish yet. However knowing this glitch has no easy fix which is pity, I will just put this quest aside for the time being. Merry Christmas :)

15. 10Atious

10Atious Crew

I'm with you. Tried everything to find the fish to no avail.

16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Read Lynsey [Midiok]'s post on the previous pages. Missing fish is a known issue that affects some players. If you have most of the map around your island exposed, and don't see it, you're not going to until they release a fix.

17. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

I bet they will release the Christmas fix when they get rid of the Christmas decor update. Easy fix.

18. Christy

Christy Commodore

The seas don't seem to like me either :( traveled 18 hours to a fish for 2 gems :eek:

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  19. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Been waiting ages for fourth santa ship and been taking out 4 star bigger fish in the meantime. Finally decided to take out the other similar looking barge, and a load of other ships on the same trip :). Next time santa ship was there on one of the cords listed above

Hope it helps.

No festive fish for me either, i will try taking out all low level stuff to see if that triggers it. Will post if works.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. and Christy like this.
  20. Christy

Christy Commodore

Let me know if it works out for you @Captain Hakjka