No Christmas ships or fish on explore map

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Bear, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

Like the title says. When I logged on after the update a journey had finished. I finished it and collected my pirates. Went back to my island to train replacement pirates. Go back to the map and there are still no holiday ships or fish. Just my normal green and orange kraken, ghost ships, royal navy, merchant ships, big and bigger fish.

2. SaK

SaK First Mate

Maybe they are still sailing...on the way...wait and watch:D

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. I have done several short trips trying to get them to spawn.

4. Cap'n Lachi

Cap'n Lachi Powder Monkey

I'm seeing a Santa Ship and an Ice Ship on the map. No fish showing on my map, which is 88% complete. I steered around am taking out an Ice Ship and a few close fish to see what happens.

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The Ice Ship, Santa Ship and Festive Fish should all appear on your maps at some point over the festive period, but not necessarily all at once!

@Bear, I'll have a word with the chaps to see if there's any reason your map is remaining suspiciously un-festive, let us know if it changes in the meantime. Is the map itself updated to the Holiday one (snow covered island, etc?)

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yes. The map itself has snow. Just no festive ships or the fish. I recently started a 7 hour voyage to attack 3 shops and 2 fish. I'm hoping they respawn as the new items.

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Thanks for the reply

9. TBird

TBird Captain

When my ship came back and I added more crew for the next trip my map added snow. And I have a Santa ship and Ice ship... going for Santa ship now.

10. Withergy

Withergy Powder Monkey

Hi Lynsey, I too appear to have an issue with this.
    My map is all festive, but no Ice Ship, Santa Ship or Festive Fish,
    Had one Ice Ship when it first started which I defeated around 5 hours ago, but no sign of anything else, is this normal?

11. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

All I have is an ice ship. Is it different for everyone?
    Edit *I'm 100% completed map

12. I also had an Ice Ship wich I have defeated, but no Santa Ships or Festive Fish. Guess they'll come around eventually, but they sure seem shy for such festive holidays :)

13. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah my problem is I have not had any ever. Not a single ship or fish since the update.

14. Fe_C

Fe_C Crew

I would query in this way: What is their respawn pattern? Is it a glitch, or is there something we are missing?

15. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

The quest rewards are really nothing so I'm just going to keep fighting Tunas for BP.

16. I'll do anything for some BP ;)

Moscow Cat likes this.
  17. Fe_C

Fe_C Crew

I am curious as it says Ice Fishing "1", Ice Breaker "1" and Steal from Santa "1" .......... Anyway, good luck for tunas ;)

18. TBird

TBird Captain

Were you a good boy this year?
    I'm thinking not...
    Santa didn't leave you any special gifts.

Captain Harlock and Salty Snack like this.
  19. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Bear's been eating the stragglers.

Bear and Captain Harlock like this.
  20. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Same here, I'm on 95% at the moment.
    Maybe they will appear after taking down an Ice Ship once?

Edit: okay I see Santa's ship. It looks very similar to other Merchant Barges

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014