No Christmas ships or fish on explore map

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Bear, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Stagemanager21

Stagemanager21 Powder Monkey

I'll take whatever!! Just happy to play! Have more coordinates here:

U16-16th Ice ship
    B7-10th Santa
    U16-17th Ice ship

2. Never

Never Powder Monkey

I finished santa ship and ice ship missions but still can't find any festival fish, and i tried to kill normal 3 star blue fishes too, still no festival fish for me

3. Withergy

Withergy Powder Monkey

@Lynsey [Midoki] Any news on the fix for us Fishless people??

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Winter and all the festive features will be gone soon.. Like in the next week or two.

5. Withergy

Withergy Powder Monkey

Seems the least we could expect is an apology on here saying 'Sorry but no fish for you!'
    The last official word (that I have seen) is 'hopefully we should have a fix soon!'

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

Chris posted today and said an update was coming soon in January to remove Christmas

7. Withergy

Withergy Powder Monkey

Fair enough, but still think it would be the decent thing to apologise for a bug which they acknowledge and said weeks ago they were hoping to fix, which they clearly haven't and by the sounds of it have no intention of.

Kelani likes this.
  8. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Nooooooo. It can't leave till I'm done my fourth Santa ship. It's not anywhere around those b-g 2-10, locations or e12. Can't find that fourth ship. I backtracked through threads to find it and ahhhhhhhh.

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll be able to get the Festive Fish sorted for those players who encountered the issue this time around - it turned out the fix required was a fairly complex one that we weren't able to do in time without risk of impacting on a lot of other stuff across the entire player base. We've desperately tried to find an elegant solution, but sadly there wasn't one.

We're obviously really sorry, and hope that we've sorted this issue for future events.

Please don't hurt me.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Clever timing, posting that after Chris's announcement. ;)

You're safe. We always appreciate any news, even if it's unpleasant. Plus, there are simply not enough messengers for us to allow anything to happen to them. :)

11. Keelhauler Jake

Keelhauler Jake First Mate

The truth is better than any broken promise, so I for one appreciate the honesty. I'd prefer no Festive Fish for me over a code change that messed up other things. If it's too tricky, then make the decision you did and leave well alone.

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Agreed. And I'd prefer new content and bug fixes over time spent fixing that silly fish. Just make it up to us by increasing the BP OUTPUT for those who aren't getting any :)

porrig and Keelhauler Jake like this.
  13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

14. Keelhauler Jake

Doubly.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yeah, Anyone who has a problem with @Lynsey [Midoki] 's announcement is going to have to get past us.
    [​IMG]

You'll step back, if you're smart.

Punk.

Keelhauler Jake likes this.
  16. Stagemanager21

Bummer about the fish, but no big deal!! Been busy clearing my map. At 96% now, so am more focused on finishing that so I can go out and plunder everyone's pirate lairs!! Just as I had resigned myself to not bothering with anymore Santa or Ice ships, one popped up in the course I had already charted. I have decided not to do the 13th Santa ship for silly superstition reasons but will finish up the 21st ice ship since its in the course I am taking anyway. I am including all the locations that I found ships so those looking for last minute locations can try. I have had a blast with the ships, so no worries over the fish!!

G2-4th Santa
    H19-6th Ice ship
    H19-7th Ice ship
    U16-8th Ice ship
    D7-5th Santa
    U16-9th Ice ship
    B7-6th Santa
    H19-10th Ice ship
    U16-11th Ice ship
    G2-7th Santa
    H19-12th Ice ship
    P7-13th Ice ship
    G2-8th Santa
    N20-14th Ice ship
    Q7-15th Ice ship
    G2-9th Santa
    U16-16th Ice ship
    B7-10th Santa
    U16-17th Ice ship
    B7-11th Santa
    P7-18th Ice ship
    G2-12th Santa
    N20-19th Ice ship
    U16-20th Ice ship
    B7-13th Santa
    U16-21st Ice ship

Good luck to fellow plunderers and keep an eye out for the soft fluffy bunny!! ;)

17. Keelhauler Jake

I see it there! Just to the left of your post! Woo Hoo, I'm ahead of the game!!!

18. Stagemanager21

Got me on that one!! :). Hee hee hee!!