No Christmas ships or fish on explore map

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Bear, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

We will know in 12 hours time ))

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  2. Christy

Christy Commodore

I had my boat out with a full crew to a 3 skull bigger fish. Got 250BP. Seems I'm get 250BP for them every time now. Which I guess beats 2 gems after an 18 hour voyage :eek:

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  3. Brian G

Brian G Powder Monkey

Having same problem as others: Snow on the explore map, and the occasional ice ship--but not a single festive fish or Santa's ship since the update. I checked all ships showing, and none are holiday themed.

4. Captait Roudoudou

Captait Roudoudou Powder Monkey

I don't see festive fish !!!! How do I Do? ❄️

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Read back. There's a bug where certain people don't get the Festive Fish. Should be fixed before the quests go away. The Santa ship is there for all, I think. Just gotta find it

Captait Roudoudou likes this.
  6. Captain Hakjka

Nice, going to target them 3 star ones then as the 4 star fish not been that great for me recently.

Results of attacking all low lvl stuff was no festive fish :(

Christy likes this.
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The festive fish is broken for some people. If you don't see one near your island, it doesn't exist for you. Lynsey [Midoki] posted about it. It should be fixed before the quests go away though.

And also, in the last update, the BP given by Fishes (and probably other monsters) was nerfed. Those guys that can give 2,000, I've not gotten more than 700 from. Nobody has, that I know of :(

Christy likes this.
  8. Christy

Christy Commodore

I can't find any more 4 skull fish :(

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I couldn't either, but then found them again. I updated my map: BP Monster Locations

Christy likes this.
  10. Captain Hakjka

Glad i farmed the fish a lot before update

Christy likes this.
  11. Withergy

Withergy Powder Monkey

Found Santa!! At last!
    I eventually got the grog together to get the final ship and my first trip out west I found him.

So here is my theory: Santa can spawn in multiple locations, at least one of which you need the final ship to reach. In many people's case it seems Santa has spawned within reach of lower ships, however if he spawns a long way out he will not 'respawn or shift' until defeated, so if you haven't got the final ship and are unlucky enough that his first spawn is by the edge of the map you will never even see him.
    So the fact my friends who are lower than me had defeated Santa, is probably down to luck on the first spawn position.

Oh, and obviously, still no fish!

Christy likes this.
  12. Stagemanager21

Stagemanager21 Powder Monkey

Ok, since I have started on this forum, I have been tracking the locations of my Ice and Santa ships. I am providing the list I have so far. You can see a pattern, there are only a few places each ship spawns in. These locations may be different for each player. Here is what I have so far:
    G2-4th Santa
    H19-6th Ice ship
    H19-7th Ice ship
    U16-8th Ice ship
    D7-5th Santa
    U16-9th Ice ship
    B7-6th Santa
    H19-10th Ice ship
    U16-11th Ice ship
    G2-7th Santa
    H19-12th Ice ship
    Hope this helps those still searching!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Stagemanager21 Nice post, but you may want to edit it to put those coordinates in a Spoiler Tag. Some people may like finding things the old fashioned way. :)

To do that, select all the coords in your list, then click the Page/Insert icon (18th from left, or the one to the left of the floppy disk icon), then choose Spoiler. In the Popup, enter a title "Ice and Santa Ship Locations.

14. Stagemanager21

Ahhhh!! Thanks!!! Will try it!!

P7-13th Ice ship

15. Stagemanager21

Thanks again!! Being a newbie, had no clue how to do that. Thanks for the tutorial!! Went back and fixed the previous post as well. I was so excited to try it, I forgot to mention that the latest ice ship is in a new coordinate. Don't remember ever having one in that location before.

16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Glad to help, and not a problem. We've all done it before, which is why that tag exists in phpBB :)

Nice coords list you made. It's very helpful. I also maintain a list of coords for BP=giving monsters, (fish, serpents) and it's constantly updated. They do cycle between fixed spots, but every once in a while, they change it up a bit.

17. Stagemanager21

Have more new coordinates.

G2-8th Santa
    N20-14th Ice ship
    Q7-15th Ice ship

18. Stagemanager21

Just took out the 16th Ice ship and 9 Santas. Any word on a fix for the fish yet? Just curious!

19. Bear

Bear Commodore

The front is silent. 2 weeks ago I heard they may have a fix the next week.. but that week has passed and no fix, or word on if they will fix it. I assume it will just be left and fixed for next Christmas.

Kelani likes this.
  20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Hmm, Starting to seem like that. Either they're hard at work, or still on holiday. Maybe instead of fixing it, they'll do what Rovio did for a botched holiday event in Epic (I think), and just give us all a nice Xmas present of gems, or something. :)