Enough with the Pink Already

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Resarf, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Resarf

Resarf Captain

Who ever is designing these new builds needs to get a new job. Because you have turned this game into a joke. Everyone hates these pink walls, the look horible and look weaker than previous walls.

Each wall level should be bolder, stronger, higher perhaps.

No pirate in their right mind would pay $1.7m to knock down one wall to build this ugly eye sore.

Burnz, Alphafox, Ebow and 6 others like this.
  2. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Captain

I was waiting to see how long it would take someone to post!! Everybody in EL is complaining about these ugly things!! I agree they look weaker too!! HELLOKITTY PH11 Next?? WTF?!?

Lady O'maley, Alphafox, Ebow and 4 others like this.
  3. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yes I was just saying the same thing, we go from full metal sweet looking walls back to pink & wood on lvl 14 then pink & gold on 15, they look horrible. I think we might have a lady designing these babies haha

Ebow likes this.
  4. Skye

Skye Commodore

I like them >_>

HornyQuokka likes this.
  5. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

I just paid for 35 walls of the new level 60m gold. And the only reason i was grinding non stop for the needed 60m gold was the color! Even with just +100 HP i would have done it.

Can t wait to see all of my walls shining bright pink. Guess i am not a true pirate. Bummer. :oops:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Rachael, Bou Regreg and Skye like this.
  6. Compton

Compton Crew

Horrible... Simply Horrible.. For the entire design team at midoki: Go get a new job...

Ebow and Bathplug like this.
  7. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I suggest anyone not liking the Magenta, keep their walls old level. I would appreciate attacking the easier islands in my farming. Might I also suggest not upgrading the GP to that gawd ugly magenta color too ;)

Tessa Rose, Rachael, Raptelan and 7 others like this.
  8. Ian

Ian Commodore

Think of it as an 'incentive to upgrade quickly' when PH11 come out with a more realist pirate colour/theme is introduced.

9. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

I am hoping for a nice "purple" with PH11.

10. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

I would expect Midoki to keep a trend going, with the next theme being a based on a soft sky blue colour...

11. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Quoted post has been deleted, so my post doesn t make a sense anymore.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  12. nomadicarus

nomadicarus Powder Monkey

not so long in human memory pink used to be the colour for boys and sky blue for girls. not sure why peeps think the feminine taste is dominating at Midoki.

skye has made an interesting post about the high contrast that pink lends the new defences against the green background of islands making those GPs et al easier to pick out in the 30 seconds you have to formulate your attack strategy on an island.

I happen to like the colour, obviously quite a few of you do not and you're free to express that dissatisfaction.

13. Genji Shiba

Genji Shiba Powder Monkey

i think the Level 12 walls are very professional but i guess all the new defense upgrades must match the level 7 ship, so i would expect PH11 will have purple dragon feature!

14. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

I would be the last one to defend the Third Reich, but the Panzer Korps routinely used pink in their flags.... OTOH, this could be yet another reason NOT TO USE PINK!

15. Christy

Christy Commodore

I vote for rainbow walls next :) :) :) and maybe a pirate riding a unicorn :D:D:D Everyone loves rainbows and unicorns right :cool:

16. Skye

Skye Commodore

Fight the opposition with little bows in the corner of all the skulls ;)

17. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Found someone of Midokis designer team testing the pink dragon look of the bunkers and other stuff.
    @Lynsey [Midoki] is this you? ;)

[​IMG]

18. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Alas, not me (although I'm totally sending that on for the artists in case they ever want a uniform).

19. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] I assume theres is no chance they might consider to add pink quokka pirates in the near future? :oops::D

bucket likes this.
  20. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Alas, it's highly unlikely, but 'Pink Quokka Pirates' is a great band name for a prog rock band.

FUN FACT: One of Black Bart's proposed Outfits was a dragon onesie (only in red), to reflect the Red Dragon of Wales.

Tessa Rose, HornyQuokka and bucket like this.