Enough with the Pink Already

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Resarf, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Mercutio

Mercutio First Mate

Whatever happened to that pink gunner character we got a sneak/accidental peek of some time ago? seems like midoki's had a thing for pink for a while. maybe they finally came to terms with the attraction, recognized it, embraced, and honored it....:p no cutoff shirts or mermen please, jk.

quint likes this.
  2. Skye

Skye Commodore

In that case, its not pink, its a nice Desert Rose!

Now to get pink waters imported from Lake Hillier.

Fil likes this.
  3. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

The pink does not bother me EXCEPT for the dragon decorations! If I have dragon-themed decorations on my Pirate Ship and island defenses I wish they'd look intimidating and/or badass, not "simply cute" o_O

Sea Patriot likes this.
  4. Lady O'maley

Lady O'maley Captain

I agree way over pinked .. Not looking good makes me not wonna upgrade untill midoki brings out newer upgrades , NO more pink please !!!

Ebow likes this.
  5. Mercutio

Mercutio First Mate

remember me, the PINK gunner? he matches the new walls nicely. perhaps was a hint of things to come. do you think he was the original concept/design for the now Ghastly Gunslinger? interesting that he was out of the voodoo hut as well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    quint likes this.
  6. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

- Something more intimidating like black and chrome.
    - Also if we had the option to change theme colors of defence after a certain PH level would be nice.
    - Lastly, a second ship (that's not pink) that we could be enabled to do explorations on both maps simultaneously

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  7. Mercutio

Mercutio First Mate

ooh, I like the changing color idea. there could be a limited few to choose from, like three different color themes or something— maybe even related to your guild.
    it'd be no more distracting than the shadows, snow, or Halloween decorations. and a nice and easy customization that could enhance player investment Ă  la same idea of the LP outfits.

quint likes this.
  8. Ebow

Ebow Crew

Next walls with rainbow please, canons with butterflies, bunkers with unicorns and a new troop "Pirate barbie" she can throw kisses as attacks.
    o_O

9. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

I want a unicorn-shaped ship!:D

St. Thomas likes this.
  10. Skye

Skye Commodore

Yes, that was the placeholder image for the Ghastly Gunslinger. He also had a placeholder upgrade tree and stats in the game, that could technically have been activated/trained/recruited ahead of time (but would have definitely gotten you banned!)

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The later levels of Tavern already have a unicorn on them. Tavern level 9 has two!

He wasn't the original design or concept - the original visual concept was an undead gunner, as you see in the game now. The 'pink gunner' was a placeholder (literally just a colour-swapped regular gunner) to set up and test the behaviour and balancing until the actual model was ready.

However, we can swap the regular gunner from green to pink, if you like. ;)

Ebow, 850arrr, Smelly_Vile and 2 others like this.
  12. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Skye likes this.
  13. Iqbal

Iqbal Powder Monkey

Not only pink,but other colors too

14. Skye

Skye Commodore

Make normal gunner Pink for April Fools Day.
    Color swap ALL the models!

850arrr and Smelly_Vile like this.
  15. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Lol

16. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Noooooooooo!

Lady O'maley likes this.
  17. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Lynsey, can you do that? Can you make it to where we can change the color scheme of our defences, ship and such to our own personal taste?

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  18. St. Thomas

St. Thomas Crew

Oh I love it! April Fools Plunder Pirate - overtime for everyone! I'm sure all the Captains of the all the guilds would be happy to authorize the overtime! A one day April Fools Crazy Plunder Pirate Color Extravaganza!!! Designers could come up with some crazy one day theme! :)

19. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Captain

<---- LOVE PINK AND ALL....but not all females are loving it vomited all over the island!!

I do however love being able to find the ground pounders even after I've had a few drinks now!!:p:)

20. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

+1000000 to a April fools mix-mash! It'd be fun to have a gunner in his pink outfit!:p

St. Thomas likes this.