Enough with the Pink Already

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Resarf, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Beck [Midoki]

Beck [Midoki] Designer Staff Member

He he all I'm saying is that me and Lynsey are the only female developers here and neither of us are fans of pink :D

I think the artists here obviously like to embrace all colours :)

peg-brain bob and Skye like this.
  2. I really don't mind some pink here and there, but I agree it might be a little off the 'pirate' scheme :rolleyes:

Ebow likes this.
  3. Iqbal

Iqbal Powder Monkey

the wise man say:don't look the colors,but look the powers

4. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

[​IMG]

Obviously not everyone hates the new walls.

Ebow and HornyQuokka like this.
  5. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@BB-8 Please don't encourage them anymore than they already are. If they get photographic proof that pink is acceptable for pirates, we might soon have a pink Pirate Hall and pink sand beaches on our island. :eek:

Lynsey [Midoki], Skye and St. Thomas like this.
  6. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

When are we getting pink outfits to match?? I'd actually might spend gems on outfits if my whole crew were coordinated pink like a fancy football team.

Skye likes this.
  7. Alphafox

Alphafox First Mate

can you seriously change the color Lindsay? everyone (almost) hates it!!

Ebow, Bathplug and St. Thomas like this.
  8. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'd love pink beaches honestly, have you ever seen pink sands at a sunset? With that and the turquoise of a clear water, its one of the most beautiful natural wonders. And there is a pink sand beach in the Bahamas, and we all know Nassau was a hub of piracy, so it wouldn't be far-fetched ;)

If we really want to up the ante, throw in pink water too, as there is a pink lake in Australia in real life!

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Nope, as I'm a games designer and not an artist - my input into the look of new items generally goes as far as "Make it look cool" (and using the spiky corpses of sea conquests is pretty cool!) and "Make sure there's some visual contrast between the different items". I'm more focused on how hard and how far they hit, and how many hit points they have. ;)

And the response has been marmite - some people love it, some people hate it, and some don't care as they're focused on how effective they are rather than what they look like. It's the same almost every new Pirate Hall level though - we had people who hated the dragon on Pirate Hall 9 and the 'frou-frou' level 15 cannons, and who can forget the Pirate Hall 7 wall level 9 teethgate saga, or the debate over which body part the PH8 level 10 mortars most resembled? :D

10. Iqbal

Iqbal Powder Monkey

Or maybe place the gems at your wall

11. Bathplug

Bathplug Powder Monkey

Can you at least suggest a wall colour change to the artist or whoevers in charge? These walls are far worse than the other marmite design choices such as the dragon on ph9, lvl 15 cannons and lvl 7 ship etc as they eventually become forgettable plus we can quickly upgrade them after a game update. But with these new walls it's different because we have two levels that are pink which we will be forced to stare at for ages as they will take awhile to build then it's still another long process of upgrading passed them to hopefully better designs at ph11.

Alphafox likes this.
  12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Be careful what you ask for. Remember, the person who made the decision for pink walls also will be making decision for replacement. I sense he might have a sense of humor about design and colors. He might just change them from magenta to true pink :eek:. Or maybe he'll make them everchanging, from magenta, to p*** yellow, to puke green, to s*** brown. Many far worse colors and options to torture us with. I should add, I loved the big green dragon. And while I would prefer black and silver walls, or even purple instead of pink, I can live with them until the next upgrade (hoping for black and silver next, with black and fire as final upgrade). It's not so much the color as much as they seem so out of place. I am hoping once the other magenta color items are upgraded it will obtain a more palatable balance.

Skye likes this.
  13. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Anyone want to start a thread taking a survey of best color for final walls. If you do, put me down for black with silver or black with lava.

St. Thomas, Ebow and Tiger Claw like this.
  14. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I'd like to see lava & ash walls... and some algae & barnacle ones too! :)

Ebow, Compton and WinstonCOV like this.
  15. Fil

Fil Captain

Our sister guild Dead Unicorn Inc would like to thank everyone for all the free unicorn and rainbow press in this threAD and request level 16 walls be glittery

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Tessa Rose and St. Thomas like this.
  16. Compton

Compton Crew

LOOOOOL!!

Tessa Rose likes this.
  17. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

It would had been nice if they had made it match the new Mortar, also the new Guntowers match the previous (lv12) wall lv, it almost makes you think that different people designed a type of def and Midoki just put everything together, like a bunch of different ideas that don't really match

Alphafox and Bathplug like this.
  18. Alnemer

Alnemer Crew

A shameful thing to be chosen this color for a pirates

Alphafox likes this.
  19. Skye

Skye Commodore

They're intentionally meant to not match, to provide visual contrast, as a base where everything is the same can be confusing to examine at a short glance.

The colors seem to be broken down between two themes at the same time, allowing you to more quickly identify key defenses.

20. Fil

Fil Captain

Would you quit with the logic and reason? This is a serious conversation about colors :mad::confused:o_O:p