Friday's Trade Ship Will Be Here Soon. Is Midoki Listening to Its Disgruntled Pirates?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pirate Christian, Sep 23, 2015.

1. pkrhett

pkrhett Crew

Nooooo he uses voodoo masks. We'll never get him past lvl 1

2. AquaZero

AquaZero Powder Monkey

EVERYONE DEMAND A PIRATE LETS START WITH TINTO OR CHING (cause I know people want either one or the other)

3. AquaZero

AquaZero Powder Monkey

Yea but let's go down the list get the hard ones through first

4. AquaZero

AquaZero Powder Monkey

They say they gave Ching because high demand well let's high demand all the Pirates till they give what we want post around demanding the pirate you want we're bound to get noticed and heard

5. AquaZero

AquaZero Powder Monkey

At the end of you message say No Pirate No Hope

6. I want Caesar or Tinto or Jeanne de berry but since i assume Ching will take forever to come to my island, i only take a look at my island every weeknd, as i do recently, no point of playing when i have all the resources and materials and BP and yet no LP that i care to spend it on

7. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

They've only released 6 LPs thus far. I'd really like to collect all 6 of them BEFORE they release the remaining 6.

The one I am missing is Ching Shih.

8. AquaZero

AquaZero Powder Monkey

Yea but lots of us prob have enough to get the final upgrade for the fort but they wont release I'd be fine if they said some are not finished but they just say they want the new ones to be realease future MONTHS that's unreasonable we want what they said they'd give us legendary pirates and so far Romeo isn't even good he throws bombs and nothing else

9. Travis

Travis Powder Monkey

Is it wrong that came here today just to witness the nerd rage. You guys don't disappoint.

10. AquaZero

AquaZero Powder Monkey

Did it come across as that srry just wanted to get the point across that we need to get more pirates

11. pkrhett

pkrhett Crew

with how little all of the mods post or reply, i doubt anyone at midoki is even looking at the forums

12. AquaZero

AquaZero Powder Monkey

Yea but we might it's better than just letting them not give us anything for months

13. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We are looking at the forum, and as we've said in previous threads (and in the FAQ) some Legendary Pirates are rarer than others, so you're less likely to see them on a regular basis.

14. Got annebelle and cornelius, AGAIN

AcProt likes this.
  15. SaK

SaK First Mate

Rarer means not available?

It's been three-four weeks getting same pirates again and again! What? U want to test my patience? Broken nonsense game!

How long do I need to wait for a new pirate...really really annoyed and desperate now!

16. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Forums are going to be interesting this weekend... Lol. I got Annabelle and Cornelius. I ain't even mad, though. Ching will come.

Alphafox likes this.
  17. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

He
    He has excellent defensive perks though. Toss him in the fort when you're not battling, then when you need to battle, pick your favorite offensive LP.

18. AquaZero

AquaZero Powder Monkey

Don't make some rarer just make em more expensive or something because like everyone is saying we're not getting new ones

19. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Just make the "rare" ones, offered as instant buy as well, for lets say 2k-5k gems? Chances are way higher more spend gems for that instead if a useless outfit. You want to make money right? If not....continue as usual. :D

Pirate Christian likes this.
  20. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

The decision to make acquisition of certain LPs a matter of LOW PROBABILITY via random chance is what is galling for us veteran players. There is nothing fun about that, instead it is absolutely frustrating. I'm going to stick with the game for now but I will not purchase any more gems until this is rectified.

Others however are bailing on the game because of these issues. See this post.

There is a real simple solution to this problem, Make Ching Shih the fixed pirate next Friday. She's the LP that we've all been waiting for.

In the future, remember that your veteran pirates are players that you're going to want to take special care to keep satisfied and their reasons for continuing to play the game are FAR DIFFERENT than the reasons newer players stay with the game. Keeping us motivated isn't all that hard, but frustrating the heck out of us is also easy to do.

Thus far, Midoki has seriously frustrated and demotivated its veteran players with its LP roll out strategy (a.k.a. random dumb luck). The fact that you know this and haven't turned away from your bad decision is mind boggling. How many players and how much revenue are you willing to sacrifice for this bad decision?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015