Friday's Trade Ship Will Be Here Soon. Is Midoki Listening to Its Disgruntled Pirates?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pirate Christian, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Fil

Fil Captain

See Christian, read the last line a few times, "no soup for you". Better chance of catching the supplemental trade ship if ya ask me. :cool:

P.S. Midoki - Thank you in advance for tomorrows huge incredible gem sale :D

2. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

99% defenses would mean you win 99 of 100 and only lose 1 right?
    245 defensive win, 159 losses would mean 100 battles ago you had 146 wins and 158 losses, since you are 99:1 ratio now.
    Do you only count 3 star defense losses as a loss?
    At the same time you get 100%ed by a good army "every rumble".
    Your math is nonsense, but I'll leave it be.
    Perhaps thousands of posts of nonsense in the Forum explain why my beautifully documented HG, Skelly pathfinding bug posts are ignored ;)

3. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

[​IMG]

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  4. Bear

Bear Commodore

It's threads like this that ruin this forum for everyone... People who can't read and don't try to comprehend just pout and moan about their problems.

It's random chance to get a rare LP. You think not having ching is bad. Wait until the next 6 come out and we have 2 more rare LP that you can't get.

Or better yet, a new map that you can't get materials for the new LP on because you haven't explored it yet.

Can't wait to see what interesting content you add to this forum then...

5. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

I don't think we're "pouting" because we don't have Ching. It's about people spending time and money on a game they love. Then after a year things fall apart because practically no one can say that overall the legendary pirate release has been a benefit whether you are maxed or not. It's about the feeling of despair when half your guild quits because they feel like the game is dying. It's about minis that can pump out 3000BP without trying. You add that to things like the bugs that basically stole gems and a map that doesn't add to the gameplay.... then you don't give everyone Ching and that's the tipping point. If the next update has a new map and some new game feature to peak interest THEN no one will have much to say about how rare or unlucky they feel about the legendary pirates.

Fang and Tex like this.
  6. Fang

Fang First Mate

Let's play a game. Roll 2 dice. If you roll a 4-10, you get poked with a big needle. Roll 2, 3, 11 or 12 you get $1. Unless you enjoy pain, you will probably quit playing.

You can say we don't read or don't listen, etc, but the bottom line is this.

If the game is no fun, then I won't play it. Having a silo full of rare mats for LPs I don't have, and each week getting the same LPs I already have, especially after I spent gems on chests so I could get more materials in the early days. It just doesn't equate to being fun for me. I'm stuck in a rut and it sucks, I have NO options here but to wait for next week's trade ship...again, and again, and again, and again. No more.

IMHO it's bad game design.

Tex, yeti and cmooneey like this.
  7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Still sounds like pouting to me.
    And that sounds like you made some bad decisions based on assumptions and not facts, and now you expect midoki to fix it for you. Suck it up. Your in your situation because of your choices.

Not getting an LP is hardly equal to getting stabbed with a needle... Grow up.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  8. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I think you're being a bit harsh on him, what is the point of these games? To progress, a lot of players can't do that & are now stuck, not going forward, they're in fact being held back, they have Silos full of material that is completely useless to them, you also have no control over most of the items you get so you're going to end up with lots of Material for LP's that you don't have, you can't plan for that, only choice is to delete them.

Show me a player here that knew back at the LP release that 8 weeks down the line that chests they bought would be useless to them. Also the only way people would know any of this information about the LP release would be to come to the forum, which most players don't do. And we only found out that some LP were "Rare" after Ching was released, and to add to that, she is the worst LP to be waiting on as she needs 3 items to upgrade, meaning more Silo space being used up. Before I got Ching I had 11 shelf spaces dedicated to her.

So I would never blame any player for decisions they made about LP's, especially with the info that we had. I think people would never have thought the LP's release would be such a mess, it makes no sense whatsoever to make some LP's "Rare" given the time needed to actually upgrade them, I'm not even at the halfway point with most of my LP, (Annabelle only lvl8) & the second half of training will take 3 or more times as long.

yeti and Fang like this.
  9. Bear

Bear Commodore

We all had choices to make. And don't act like from the beginning people didn't have their favorite pirate picked out. Everyone did. And they began to hunt for the materials for that LP before they ever got them (myself included). That's just counting your chickens before they hatched. But the case now, is that people are refusing to spend their precious iron or whatever on the pirates do have because they are "saving it for ching" or insert whatever pirate they don't have. Remember many don't have blackbeard yet either. And several don't have either.

So if you don't have Ching, and her materials are clogging up your silo, spend the iron on Cornelius and dump whatever else you need in order to make room for materials for the pirates you have.

That is simply you holding yourself back, not midoki. Everyone here could be focusing on training their current LP and fill their silos with materials for them, but they aren't.

They are moaning and ching and blaming midoki for "holding back their progress."

I had to make that same call to stop worrying about ching and train other pirates. I had to make the same call to trash rare mats for ching so I could train other LP. So I'm just calling BS on all the people Making such a big fuss over this..

HornyQuokka and Bou Regreg like this.
  10. Fang

Fang First Mate

Thanks for watching my back Bl00dBaTh, much appreciated.

My point is: if the game isn't fun, then people won't play it.

Excuses like:
    • You didn't read
    • Grow up
    • You made bad choices
    • You made bad assumptions
    These are all irrelevant.

It's not my job to make myself enjoy this game. That is Midoki's job. IMO they have failed. Other's have a right to their own opinions.

Go ahead and call me names Bear. Please. Show me your great mental prowess and mature strength of will. You are an elite forum member after all. Do it.

11. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

It was apparent to me that silo space was going to be an issue from the very first day. I had the ability to max the silo first day, and saw the limitations. Did I buy chests? Yes, a bunch. Did I open them all? No, I kept some for future use. Am I frustrated by it? Only briefly, then switch my focus to viewing it as a challenge that needed to be solved. Did I buy a bunch more chests during the Anniversary sale? Yes, tons (last time I looked I had over 200 unopened chests, not counting battered chests). Do I like the random nature of acquiring LP's? Not at all, but everyone is in the same boat, so at least it is fair in a random lottery sort of way lol. Do I use the LP's? Not yet, no need in rumbles. As long as I have max LP's and a chance to learn to use them to the best of their ability before Guild Wars arrive, I'm good. With that said, I can certainly understand and sympathize with the frustrations. I can only hope one of the near future updates can help to alleviate the silo bottleneck. I honestly don't think how Midoki is forcing us to deal with LP's will change significantly. Everyone is faced with the same limitations and challenges, it is how we chose to deal with them and overcome them that will determine our advancement and define our perceived enjoyment with this new aspect of the game. As I said, view it as a challenge, and solve it.

John56 and Bear like this.
  12. Fang

Fang First Mate

Spongee, your approach is fantastic, and I applaud you for your love of a challenge.

Unfortunately, I see the current state of things as a burden, so there is no fun in overcoming it when I have so many other options to play and enjoy. Talos Principle for example. Great first-person puzzle game on PC. Love it. Playing it now. Anyone who knows me knows I love a challenge.

I also wonder...the majority of players will never see these discussions and are completely in the dark as to why things behave in this game the way they do. so I wonder if those players will come to a similar conclusion as you and rise to the challenge... or just move on?

13. Fang

Fang First Mate

oh, and looking up the top 500 grossing apps in the app store for the US

October 6, 2015
    Action game rank: 83
    Game rank: 363
    Overall rank: 475

Now consider where they stood on Jan 1, 2015
    Action game rank: 5
    Game rank: 64
    Overall: 75

Not a good trend...

Becker Redbeard, Bl00dBaTh and Tex like this.
  14. Tex

Tex Commodore

I also applaud @Spongee for his approach.
    But clearly most high level players are frustrated by the direction the game is going.
    They are dropping like flies everyday and you cannot deny that.

Bl00dBaTh, Fang and cmooneey like this.
  15. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Yeah, what a useless statistic....why havn t u picked the date when legendary update arrived? I assume there was bunch of huge gem buys these days(like always when they push a huge update).

And this game has no revenue issues at all, otherwise u would see a gem sale at least once a month!!! And the last gem sale was.......can t even remember.....only remember a , buy this get extra gems , back in April or March. So this tells you a lot how healthy this game is. Thers no need to do extra sales. For Midoki Revenue is totally fine. And btw....as more sales u start as more risk players won t buy anymore to the regular price. And only a "healthy" game has the power to not grab or generate some extra money with regular Sales. But i understand this might be too hard for some ppl to understand. I don t blame anyone.

Oh, and might add, US isn t the only country or has the most players in the world. Although it might be hard for some americans to realize that they are are not the middle of the universe...:rolleyes:

16. Tex

Tex Commodore

@HornyQuokka you sure like to squeak a lot.
    What guild are you from?

cmooneey likes this.
  17. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

Center of the Universe please.... who would want the middle.

@HornyQuokka still waiting for you to tell us what guild you're in?

Have you noticed there recent attempts to bring players in?.... Attaching Facebook with gem incentives to get your friends in. If you join guilds you get gems. A lot of the lower level upgrades are free now. A gap has been built between end game users and new users and they have to pick whether they want to speed up production of new content for cranky old users or take care of the new ones. I'm sure they have something of a business plan that includes taking care of both groups of players. I would say its safe to assume we will see some sort of gem sale around November 26th... you know us egocentric Americans love to get our sales on for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Tex and Fang like this.
  18. Fang

Fang First Mate

@HornyQuokka You misunderstand me. I used a generous dataset.

For example,

iPad numbers are MUCH better than iPhone numbers. I used iPad

US numbers are MUCH better than other country numbers. I used US numbers.

When LPs were released (Aug 19), for that week, it jumped from Rank 125 to Rank 52-59. by Sept 3 it had dropped down to Rank 157

19. Tex

Tex Commodore

Guess he burrowed down into his hole where it's safe.

Bl00dBaTh, Fang and cmooneey like this.
  20. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

Less than 24 hours until the next trade ship.

What will the next Trade Ship bring, will it deliver more frustration or Ching Shih?

I think I will just expect more frustration to arrive tomorrow. It's just easier that way.

I only have a 20% chance of seeing Ching Shih on the Trade Ship and those are not good odds.

Sometime before the end of October there will be a new rumble point system and a new map, maybe new LPs will also start arriving.

Ching Shih will show up when she shows up.