It is time for PH12...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oak Island, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Dear Midoki,

The time has come for PH12. I know there have been other updates over the last year or so that have added some new and interesting aspects to this game, but it is time for a base overhaul. I have agreed with many others here that we needed new gameplay, events, and the like, but now I must admit not having anything to build or train has made this game a bit of a slog. I do think we still need new gameplay, events, and such, but we also need new buildings, upgrade levels, and troops! Notice the plurality there? We need more than just 1 new troop or 1 new defense! We need game changers! I’m sick of the same three base designs I see time and again. We need something that will force people to re-think battle and defensive strategy! There has been plenty of time between the last PH upgrade and now to re-design defenses and buildings etc. There has also been numerous fantastic ideas posted here in the forums that would freshen up this game significantly! If you can’t remember, let me review a few for you here:
    1. Materials trading between guild members
    2. Water based defense and troop (gunship maybe?)
    3. Hospital building for troops that survive the last battle
    To name a few
    Now add to that a couple new events and different gameplay changes/additions/modifications and this game will continue to thrive. However, with the current rate of player dropout coupled with a lack of information about future plans, I fear that this game will continue to dwindle and lose it’s most loyal fan base. Please continue to develop and enhance this fantastic game; it is truly time for PH12 and beyond.

Happy sailing!

-Oak

2. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

Hear hear!

3. Burian

Burian Crew

I'm totally agree with Oak. Please Midoki give us something news for 2018 developments.

Bye bye

4. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Oak, if Midoki is listening, I'm 100% with you on your ideas. Matter of fact, I've been lobbying for similar ideas. So, maybe its time for them to incline their ear to our squeaky wheel.

FYI, please don't use your strongholds from the Northern Seas Map. They may be needed for PH12 or something similar. This game, unlike other ones I play, only let you destroy the strongholds once.
    ak

850arrr likes this.
  5. Broadside

Broadside Crew

Well, I have a good stockpile now (full less a trap rearm or two), plus a stack of booty chests...

I'm rapidly losing hope of an update that keeps the game fun. The last update tried to make the game into a BP/materials grind - bad for high level players, and worse for those below. The main reason to play seems to be the incremental increase of the guilds number of rumble wins...

6. The lack of new game play among other things is also causing long standing players who are actually still here to start taking this way too seriously and have lost the fun this game is supposed to be about. Too many forget that this is a game and have become tyrants who like to control how others go about their business within the game. We need fresh new blood to weed them out.

7. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I’m with Oak 100%.

850arrr and Sea Patriot like this.
  8. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

This game is seeming more of a hack than I can grasp. Why is it all of my troops are maxed, except my LPs, and I still struggle to beat other maxed out bases? TG & BS are topped off and I struggle on offense, when they’re down, I sometimes have some better luck (very wierd huh).

Second, the rumble matching is completely out of whack. Tell me how my guild has nine players and we match with guilds that have 18 or 20?

Bring PH12, but fix this madness, PLEASE.

850arrr likes this.
  9. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

I have heard of a rumble matchmaking "rule"... +/- 25 members from your current guild size.... means when your guild has 9 players then the system looks automatically for guilds with max +25 players then your guild is, you can end up against guilds with max 34 players. - 25 is not possible in this case, but the 1 player guild is possible :rolleyes:. Or if 30 players in a guild, possible to go against 50 or 5 players guilds.
    Once our 26 members(we were at that time) guild got matched with a 48 member guild :mad:... and last time 16 members us against 38+ member others.:confused::confused::confused: :p

If the matchmaking works not that way, tell us please how it works :)

Sea Patriot likes this.
  10. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Of the guild sized jn our current matchup are 20, 18, 9, 9 and 1. I’ve suggested in the past, to split it up into 4 or 5 different categories according to guild size, after a set time there’s no match, then throw in some guilds made of bots. That should be in the PH12 update.

11. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

As long as the bots aren’t very good :p.
    And yes, the +/-25 is correct. The explanation in the past has been that tighter parameters means longer wait times. Anyone remember when we used to wait DAYS to match?

Heatmiser4, Dutchie and Intimidator like this.
  12. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

34 hours once in Pirates United (Main)

13. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I think if Midoki need to put in bots to match a rumble it’s game over lol. Just my opinion. +/-25 is sort of silly. There could be 3-4 guild size requirement for a match or choose quickest if you don’t wanna wait too long. That could be an option. I’m not a programmer but sounds doable.

Don’t really feel one way or another about PH12. I’m sure everyone is itching to spend some gold and grog...BUT...The BIG question is?

Is there a new rumble matchmaking system in the works or a new guild competition/event. I’m sure I’m not the only one that would love to start playing again, but I don’t feel right about shelling out my cash for no content relavent to me. Yeah, rumbles are fun for a few minutes right before you get matched. Then you either have a huge blowout one way or the other. No competition or just silly gems and time spent for a win which I’m not really keen on anymore. Been there done that:D

Guild events were supposedly a big hit per the game makers. Why are there NO new ones or some hope/news of something to come? Ph12 and current rumble format changes can be second or third but a couple new guild competitions would certainly take the heat off for a little while from everyone asking what’s next imo. We know they aren’t cranking out “playable “ content left and right. What’s another year? Cmon lol. I don’t mind the wait. It’s easier not to get frustrated when I’m not playing but I feel for ones that are and if they quit are likely never to return :(

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  14. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

That’s some great feedback bro.
    I got the bot idea from when I used to play Red Faction & 007 back in the day, if you wanted to play single player comps they’d give you as many bots to play against up to a certain amount.
    Hope some new content comes out.
    Maybe the Midoki staff is on an extended lunch break, haha

Intimidator likes this.
  15. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

So, @Lynsey [Midoki] can we please get some response here? Is there an update timeline for 2018? Will we continue to get new and exciting buildings, Pirates, and gameplay? Any word at all about future updates would be great as we are all starting to wonder about the future well being of this beloved game.

Thanks, and happy sailing!

-Oak

850arrr likes this.
  16. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

I have another suggestion for an easy but much needed improvement. Please please please give us the ability to move materials around within the silo! I want to organize everything so it’s easy to see how many open slots I have as well as quickly see how many slots are being used by specific materials! This little improvement would be amazing, please make it happen @Lynsey [Midoki] ;):):)

Happy sailing,

-Oak

17. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I'll ask about the silo organisation feature. As for the rest, I will confer with the Elder Gods and see what I'm allowed to reveal.

WePillageYou likes this.
  18. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

I understand that not everything you put on the drawing board will make it into the game, but I’m into my 4th year of playing this game now and it would be nice if you could put something out there because I’m getting to the point of throwing in the towel as I’ve practically hit the end game.

Thank you for listening to the players... you know it makes sense ;)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    850arrr likes this.
  19. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Thank you for the response @Lynsey [Midoki], I truly do appreciate the time you take to respond. It means a lot to hear from you and the elder gods, so I am looking forward to any info you can release about future updates :).

Thanks again, and happy sailing!

-Oak

20. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

When you say elder gods, does that mean there’s lost rings we should be searching for?

WePillageYou likes this.