It is time for PH12...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oak Island, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I’m one of those die hard players and it’s good to see some of us hanging in there. This game is a player’s game by far, we make it what it is and the comeradery amongst guilds and between guilds is another thing.

2. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I’ve got nearly 30 Golden Booty Chests and haven’t checked a single Stronghold off my list (for some reason or another this game only lets you defeat them once!)

Guess I’ll keep waiting to open the chests and beat the Strongholds till we get another Pirate Hall, or something worth while to spend the loot on.

MorganFlint likes this.
  3. Burian

Burian Crew

Hey Midoki, time goes by but nothing change. Can we know something about next update? Thks

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Next update is another 'under the hood' one - we've had to update to the new Facebook SDK, which has had quite a few knock on effects which we've now resolved. There are also some big fixes to the Android version.

5. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Means that, that nothing new is "coming soon" in the game?? o_O @Lynsey [Midoki]

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Not in the next update, no.

7. TTFN

TTFN Crew

Facebook???? What's that.

8. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

:(

850arrr likes this.
  9. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Really? I couldn’t tell when I’ve ever heard a mate complain about Facebook relating to the game. I don’t even have a fb account. How does fb affect gameplay? I don’t understand at all.

10. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

• There is a way to link a FB account with your PP account - there is also a whole leaderboard dedicated to showing your FB/PP friends.
    • Whilst I can’t comment on why anyone would want to use FB (let alone contaminate their PP experience with it!) :eek::confused: - I can imagine that anyone who does use it, would be disappointed if it stops working.
    • This would happen if Midoki don’t incorporate updates/changes as required by FB.
    • As ever with any changes - unintended consequences occur that have to be addressed. (remember invisible WDs ;))

11. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Well I can tell you in almost 1200 days of playing I’ve never heard once anyone mention this Facebook hoo hah. Seems like a waste of time, not to mention...why would it take months to fix something no one gives a crap about. :mad: Facebook, smacebook:D no one cares. I think we’d rather have content.

Odog-ethan, Christy, 850arrr and 2 others like this.
  12. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I wholeheartedly agree that I would prefer new content to stuff I will never use too! ;)

However I can imagine that Midoki would receive quite a number of pitchforks & torches, if a previously available feature suddenly became unavailable - like they have every time they change/fix an ‘established’ feature/bug. :(

13. TTFN

TTFN Crew

@ Intimidator....pointing out that it would be nice to get new content instead of midoki wasting time with facebook. Been almost a year since I can spend gold on other things than rearming my base or contribiting to the blacksmith. Just sayin.

WOLLIMAUS and Intimidator like this.
  14. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Let me reinternate my post....I have been in several high profile guilds and NEVER, EVER, EVER heard once anyone say a thing about FB and the game in the same sentence. Whoever Midoki is listening to as a priority on what people want. Just stop it, please!

15. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Ditto, and took the words right out of my mouth --> Facebook, schmacebook, :rolleyes:.
    Seems like two new LPs, or a “coming soon” troop would keep us busy for a bit....but we have sooo many chests piling up, they would likely be maxed pretty quickly too.
    I don’t usually complain because I enjoy the comraderie, but we are getting bored en masse now. Wasn’t a new event expected months ago? o_O

16. Lynsey [Midoki]

Please remember that the guilds that are active on the forum or the multi-guild Slack chats are a small proportion of the overall player base, so just because you've not heard people talking about Facebook doesn't mean that there aren't thousands of players that do use it, or that there aren't players using it to invite new players, or to invite their friends into their guild. And we'd never (knowingly!) let the game go out with an entire feature utterly non-functional, which is what would happen if we were still using the old SDK when Facebook enforce the update - fortunately it means that we won't have to do it again for another two years, so it's sorted now. There's also a lot of Android fixes.

peg-brain bob likes this.
  17. edhuardo carvalho

edhuardo carvalho Powder Monkey

And about trade ship it is inutile too. Or about economy rearm mine, etc is very expensive 2 million every time. Or about the bug in Cornelius the text say all mortar but the image show only near mortar (select lengendary fort, in Cornelius, click in mortar icon). Or about no exist training (legendary) for pirate hall 10. Everything is very easy to resolve, but...

18. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Well done:). Because we don't use FB, that doesn't mean we don't play and want something to do in the game outside the events. It just feels useless for many of us that Midoki spents TIME for only doing that(we asume, because also no update coming) while a big group of MAXED OUT and gem buying/spending players are still waiting for new content.
    Do you have any stats how many players which came via FB into Plunders continues to play if the game isn't exiting for them anymore? Why is it so important to connect own games to FB anyway? If they decide some day that peeps have to pay for their sevices ... How does is effect Plunders and all the other games wich people have also connected to FB? Can people continue to play without paying, when connected to FB? Isn't it save enough to play and save progress when only be connected to Gamecenter or Google Play? just asking :cool:

Nice, then you have the next 2 years time :confused: to get new content into Plunders perhaps. :D

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yes, we have figures for the number of players actively using Facebook, which is why we're ensuring it's continuing to function. ;) We also have stats for the number of daily users across all pirate halls levels, which have, starting increasing again over the last couple of months across the board - including max level players.

There's absolutely no indication that Facebook are going to start charging. You can also log your game out of Facebook, so even if they did, yes, people would be able to continue playing, they just wouldn't be able to use the Facebook functionality.

The Facebook feature isn't for saving progress, it's for being able to find and invite friends, both to the game, and to your guild once they're in the game (plus you can easily monitor their progress if they decide to go in another guild). There's also a Referral Quest feature, where both you and your invited friend can earn rewards as they progress.

Perhaps. ;) Rest assured, we're very busy.

peg-brain bob and 850arrr like this.
  20. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Wow, that was a very fast reply :):):). Thank you very much for answering all that questions :rolleyes:. @Lynsey [Midoki]

peg-brain bob likes this.