It is time for PH12...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oak Island, Jan 17, 2018.

1. RageLion

RageLion Powder Monkey

This for me says that your main focus is on the newer player base, disregarding what we "old" pirates need/want. You keep pushing us back because we are patient, knowing that this game has sentimental value for us.
    It's been a year since we had a real update.
    A shameful display.

Oak Island and Odog-ethan like this.
  2. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I only use the feature to spam Facebook friends who feel they need to constantly send me chain mail or requests to play their games

3. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Speaking of “comeradery” lets have a “Viking Rumble”. I can create a separate thread for it

MorganFlint likes this.
  4. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

We get it, Facebook is the way to get new players. Perfect. It works for other businesses (and likely Midoki as well) and you should 100% utilise it to grow your company and your game. Business first.

But at this point, soon, soon, sometime soon, not this update but soon, soon responses are worse than a witchdoctor visiting the outhouse. I'd rather watch Sadie shoot a wall right beside a gaping hole for 160 seconds than another soon response...lol

Don't forget that keeping loyal customers happy is a priority, because you don't pay them any of your revenue for a good word and free advertising.

Odog-ethan and Intimidator like this.
  5. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

So what comes first, another FB update or content? I’m sorry, I understand some people care about fb and I guess it’s good for the game based on your reply. I’m just sort of shocked I’ve never heard of anyone using it. I wouldn’t put a broken thing into the game either but I would remove it altogether if it wasn’t working correctly. :p Please don’t tell us there is a update followed by....only bug fixes and under the hood stuff. That is game maintenance, not an update. I mean aren’t there some people that work on keeping the game running and some working on new development? It’s really insane how long we wait.....and wait..and wait..

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Oak Island and 850arrr like this.
  6. Burian

Burian Crew

I think that midoki will not develop the game any more. It's obvious that no one is working on new features since long time. Only maintenence and bug fixing. This is my view looking around the game. I hope it's wrong!

Intimidator and Odog-ethan like this.
  7. Odog-ethan

Odog-ethan Crew

First a poetry contest. Now a focus on Facebook. Glad to see midoki is finally getting its priority right.:(

Intimidator likes this.
  8. kevedge001

kevedge001 Crew

Unfortunatly Midoki's focus appears to be on the newer player and bringing more players into the game. I cant say I blame them, they are a money making business after all. Just a real shame for us old dinosaurs. Today is my 1,229 day in piracy, I'm sure I'll still play occasionally but I won't be investing any more money into the game.

850arrr likes this.
  9. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Since we clearly won’t be seeing a major update in the distant future, I have yet another awesome idea that should go into the next update, 2 years from now...

A hidden sand based defense.. so essentially it would be like a buried bunker that was invisible to the attacker until pirates are within firing range!! How sweet would that be!

Here’s another idea for you Midoki!

How about a new pirate combo of 2 that drag a canon to shore and set up shop to fire canonballs upon the enemy! Fantastic!

Perhaps I’m wasting my time with all these fantastic ideas, perhaps not. Clearly there have been a ton of ideas on the forums and if Midoki would just listen a little and implement some of them the game would continue to be fun, new, and challenging. Come on midoki, let’s see some epic new stuff. Not just 1 thing every other year. Let’s see a multitude of new additions that will keep us busy and happy for quite some time. We certainly have waited long enough!

Cheers and happy sailing,

-Oak

10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

We should start a gofundme account to get Oak Island a plane ticket and send him to work for Midoki!

MorganFlint, Oak Island and WOLLIMAUS like this.
  11. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

i'm in :)

Oak Island and 850arrr like this.
  12. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Yeah, I guess new players are the way to go. (a) they complain a lot less I’m sure (b) It buys a lot of time to bring new content (or not) for newer players that have a ways to go to make it to our level. (C) Midoki only needs to keep the game running (as is) with the exception of forced “updates” ie: Apple, Android, and let’s not forget Facebook. Much lower overhead if you’re not developing the game anymore for those Midoki pockets :) Bad long term plan as I doubt many of those new players stick with the game for all that long. Good luck!​

13. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Is it just me or is Pirates of the Caribbean playing when attacking? Maybe the copyright costs so much it’s too costly to roll out regular updates and cool pirate stuff

14. MesaJim

MesaJim Powder Monkey

Just an observation...without any updates or things to spend loot on, some longtime players must be racking up quite the stash of unopened chests (I am sitting on 712). When something does come along, there will be quite a few who will have the resources to upgrade quickly without buying any gems. This does seem kind of counter intuitive. Anyone else in the same spot!?

15. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

You’ve got a good point

16. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Yup, i started already to collect golden booties for a „maybe“ possible COMING SOON ph12 upgrade ;)... can pay the upgrade without any farming :p

Unique Rebel and Sea Patriot like this.
  17. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Maybe a little suggestion:
    In the event that Midoki does roll out a PH12, they should consider an insentive of making it possible for a player to join a rumble once it has started. Give the Captain the ability to allow say up to 3 or 4 players join for that rumble that come in late. Some guilds only rumble once or twice a week, mine three times. And if a player wants to visit my guild and I missed a message they could still join in the rumble festivities.

Oak Island likes this.
  18. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

now we got the answer

19. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

The players spoke and Midoki answered

peg-brain bob and Unique Rebel like this.
  20. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Well it's a great day to be a plunder pirate, taking out my dancing shoes tonight